AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > News

News Local & Worldwide

Old 03-01-2015, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhog View Post
UGGG sucks to the 10th degree! Hope nobody was harmed damm

I was at one time working at one of the largest PC manufactures in the world in SoCal and a Chinese gang loaded with AK47s and MAC 10s came in and hog tied 33 of us and held us at gun point while they stole over 4million in chips, ram, video cards etc.

One of the managers had a hidden dog tag with a button to the police station alarm, the swat team arrived, saved us and I watched a police dog chew a guys leg off and 2 other shot and killed. All in all a 4hr stand off very viloent much worse than a movie not for the faint of heart

Sum it up we were all safe, was very tragic and had lasting impact on me and others.

Also turns out the owner hired the gang to steal everything to then report it to the insurance He went to jail and the gang was not prosecuted since they made life threats to me and others.

They somehow, the gang's attorney had my phone number, called me and put a death treat on all my kids, even knew the times they walked to and from school and the schools.

bastards!

To this day their faces are in my brain, if I ever saw them in WY they could be Coyote food for sure
Holy Cow Dave! Glad you and your colleagues came out ok and that your family is all safe.

As for the Audeze robbery, certainly sucks but hopefully they have insurance to cover the inventory that was robbed so from a financial perspective they don't take too much of a hit. The hit to unbeknownst customers who buy their products on the grey market and then if by chance require service will have a rude awakening and that may unfairly impact Audeze and its brand.