AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 02-23-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecknik1 View Post
When I called AQ and asked if they had a 216v version he replied no and there could be after market version he didn't say that 216v would cause damage or do any harm, I would think he would of said something right away if there was a rated V.

Johndoe I sure it sounds great and Im going to try it. Thanks.
The difference isn't night and day but for a very transparent system and some keen ears it's definitely worth the expense!
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 04:09 AM.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
He he. This Diamond is "upgraded" by me. I used two more DBS units with adapters for a total of 216V. If you've paid attention to what happens in the loudspeaker cable segment, a lot of owners use 144V DBS for them with excellent results (on Volcano, Oak, Redwood, Everest, Mont Blanc, Kilimanjaro).. So I've tried 144V and didn't like the results I've got... I've tried 216V and wow... everything is smoother, better separated, tonally richer.. Just try it and see what happens.

Can you point me towards more information on these ‘upgrades’?
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM
Old 02-24-2018, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John49 View Post
Can you point me towards more information on these ‘upgrades’?
I'm not sure about the policy of this forum regarding posting links to other forums but you can google it (e.g. AQ Volcano DBS 144V, Everest, etc.) and you'll see links to audiogon, audiocircle, soundstage.com and even images... It's a very well known fact that 144V DBS is enhancing the sound of AQ loudspeaker cables. I've also tried their adapters and increased voltage on their interconnect cables but with no positive effect... Only loudspeaker and digital cables work better this way!
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 04:09 AM.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:29 AM

Thank you.
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM
Old 03-09-2018, 10:44 AM

I just heard the Redwood speaker cables yesterday for the first time. Amazing! HUGE improvement over Nordost Tyre2!
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 05-17-2018, 06:08 PM

I just received a pair of Audioquest Oak speaker cables to compare to my Clarus Crimson. I'll post my thoughts in a couple of days.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricjor1 View Post
I just received a pair of Audioquest Oak speaker cables to compare to my Clarus Crimson. I'll post my thoughts in a couple of days.
Definitely let us know.

I have the Aspen and the Wel.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:40 AM

I've reached the next level of this disease - upgrading the speaker cables in the 2ch I've put together for my girlfriend, lol. Started her lowly with AQ X-2 bulk wire, then in short order Rocket 44 biwire, and now just a week later Rocket 88 biwire (latest retail version). Dang, the Rocket 88's sound awesome; big improvement over the others. Also upgraded her speakers to Tannoy Eyris DC3, a 2000's era gem lost in time and product churn. The 88's seem like an ideal pairing for this kind of compact floorstander.

With a NAD C 368 integrated, it all makes for one hell of a musical system, even over lowly bluetooth streaming from an iPhone/iPad.

Whatcha running the Aspens on Joey? Might have to go there myself
Old 05-18-2018, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulveling View Post
I've reached the next level of this disease - upgrading the speaker cables in the 2ch I've put together for my girlfriend, lol. Started her lowly with AQ X-2 bulk wire, then in short order Rocket 44 biwire, and now just a week later Rocket 88 biwire (latest retail version). Dang, the Rocket 88's sound awesome; big improvement over the others. Also upgraded her speakers to Tannoy Eyris DC3, a 2000's era gem lost in time and product churn. The 88's seem like an ideal pairing for this kind of compact floorstander.

With a NAD C 368 integrated, it all makes for one hell of a musical system, even over lowly bluetooth streaming from an iPhone/iPad.

Whatcha running the Aspens on Joey? Might have to go there myself
Hey Mike -

Aspens were supposed to go in my gameroom system, however, I was unable to fit it literally into the media console. The space is too constrained and too narrow to fit the thick Aspens.

At this time, I am unsure what to do with them. I think I will try to fit it into the Sonus Faber Olympica 3 system in the family room...
Old 05-18-2018, 04:32 AM

There will be successors within the NRG-Line/below the Storm-Line. Audioquest told me they will be available late summer/early fall. No further informations.
Does anyone of you know anything more?

(I'm somewhat desperatly looking for new Power Cords for my PreAmp and the bulky Storm-Series can't fit there. Don't want to buy old stuff when there's new stuff on the horizon.)

From High End 2018 in Munich: