AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 02-26-2020, 08:32 AM

Default VENOM V14 Digital

Thanks to Puma Cat and Jim for the write up on Shunyata PC and Ivan for the power cords purchase. Can not write like jdandy or others on this forum though will try my best to describe what I heard from the new SR PC's.

After reading extensively for days about the Shunyata PC's decided to buy the 4 VENOM V14 Digital and several Venon V10 PC's. I already have all Shunyata Power Cables from Black mamba to Python Helix etc. My set up is 2 McIntosh Systems with a pure power 2000 and PS audio dectect.

Am waiting for the Venon V10 PC's to be built from Shunyata though Ivan sent me the 4 VENOM V14 Digital PC's. These 4 Power cords are for three computers and a HDTV. Though since I did not get the VENOM V14 Mini Power Adapters for the TV I could not put that PC on the samsung.

Instead I put that VENOM V14 on my PS audio transport. Plugged in the other Venom V14 to all 3 computers then into the Power conditioner. The noise level on my Asus Intel core I5 with the generic sound card that came with the computer was around 43 on the McIntosh preamp volume knob. After installing the Venom V14 the noise floor went down to 67 for the same amount of noise I heard at 43 on the McIntosh preamp before the new PC. So the cord did not get rid of the noise completely though improved the noise floor by 11.5 DB (read each one number volume increase on the McIntosh Preamp is 1/2 DB step). The second computer had about the same amount of noise floor improvement around 11.5 DB. The third computer is a DAW that has a high end sound card that has no hiss even at max volume of 100 on the McIntosh preamp.

OMG what a difference it made after installing the venom V14 from the computers to the power conditioner. This will sound weird all the lights in my house were brighter. My PC monitors were brighter. I do a lot of processing on my PC and it was processing the data faster. My internet connection was faster. I watched a video with the wife on the Samsung from one of the computers and it was like 3D. Picture just very clear and life life and sound was best we had heard.

I put on a CD on the PS audio transport with the new venom V14 and let it run on continuous mode for 15 hours before listening the next day. Selected a track from a Grateful Dead cd with space on it for its big dynamics. OMG. I thought it sounded like outer space and being in a forest at the same time. The cd did not even sound like it did before. The sound stage was larger, separation between instruments became more apparent. Blacker back ground. There were times when I was startled just like jim when the music jumps out at you. Everything just seems faster and effortless.

Very happy with this PC and what it did to my system. Waiting for the V10 PC's to replace the ones going to my Power conditioners and the rest of my systems.

================================================== ========================

Was not sure what part of the line of SR PC's I should buy. Looked at the SR Delta PC's and still might buy some of those for the power conditioners. Then there are the higher line SR PC like the Sigma and Alpha too. Plus the new Omega QR Power Cables that cost $9000 each that Ivan bought and reviewed. With WW we said the sweet spot was with the silver IC, PC etc.

What is the sweet spot in the SR PC line?

================================================== ========================

Also, does anyone know where to buy a C7 right angle stubie for my samsung TV that are wall mounted? They only have about an inch of clearance between the mount and where the connector would insert. A normal C7 connector will not work due to being to long. Called Shunyata and they do not make them for their cables.

Found these at amazon: (Would work was hoping for a C7 to C13 right angle stubie)
https://www.amazon.com/IEC320-Adapte...96TAYZGNHXVQ20

Last edited by phil_er_up; 03-03-2020 at 04:06 PM.