AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Clearaudio

Clearaudio Loving Music

Old 04-26-2012, 11:13 PM

Pairing the Dynavector and Moon with the concept isn't really going to get you any further up the food chain sonic wise IMO....You need a cartridge/phono stage that are better suited for one another.....this is where your issues are IMO.

As mentioned the Concept paired up with either a Benz Ace or Concept MC are good pairings I like them better than the wood bodies with the Concept.....The ACE low output is the better of the three ACE cartridges.

Last edited by Removed; 04-26-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Vinyl, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A/V Solutions View Post
Pairing the Dynavector and Moon with the concept isn't really going to get you any further up the food chain sonic wise IMO....You need a cartridge/phono stage that are better suited for one another.....this is where your issues are IMO.

As mentioned the Concept paired up with either a Benz Ace or Concept MC are good pairings I like them better than the wood bodies with the Concept.....The ACE low output is the better of the three ACE cartridges.
I'm not trying to upgrade. I'm trying to solve a problem, where my Rega and Sub don't get along. I brought home a Concept with the Concept MC and it does not exhibit those problems. Sometime a combination of components just doesn't work.

My dealer may mount my Dynavector on their demo Concept to let me try that out.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:15 AM

Understood......I would also not rule out a different phono stage with your current rig.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Vinyl, Baby!

Quote:
Understood......I would also not rule out a different phono stage with your current rig.
The more I replace, the more I spend, and the more I potentially swap one problem for another. I would like to solve my issues with minimal out of pocket expense. I may think about upgrading my phono stage down the road, but not today and not to solve this.

I know the Concept and Concept MC work well with my sub. My phono stage isn't optimal for that cartridge, but it is acceptable. I know it sound great with the DV20x2H and would most likely work great with a Maestro Wood.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:20 PM

The phono stage was a suggestion to try not buy to see what the out come would be.....that's all. Hope all works out
Old 04-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Vinyl, Baby!

Quote:
The phono stage was a suggestion to try not buy to see what the out come would be.....that's all. Hope all works out
OK. I got your point now. Thanks for the suggestion.

I went through that exercise and it made no difference. My dealer loaned me a different -- rather more expensive -- phonostage. It had no affect on my issues. At the moment I am convinced my cartridge is defective (for a second time), but even when it is right the table and sub interact negatively.

I'm at the point that even if I solve the problem with keeping the Rega, I am too shell-shocked by the whole thing to be happy with it anymore. I will constantly question it any time I play a record that sounds "not quite so" and wonder if I have issues again. I would rather just change to something else, even if it is a lateral move.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Vinyl, Baby!

I am about 75% at the moment I am going to spring for a Clearaudio Performance SEP. I will get a chance to talk to the rep May 8. Cartridge choice is still pending, but leaning towards a Maestro Wood.

Last edited by Josquin des Prez; 04-28-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:45 PM
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
I am about 75% at the moment I am going to spring for a Clearaudio Performance SEP. I will get a chance to talk to the rep May 8. Cartridge choice is still pending, but leaning towards a Maestro Wood.
I upgraded from the Concept to a Performance SEP with the Maestro cart. I loved the Concept, but the Performance table sounds even better to me..I think you should make the stretch and do it!
Unison Research Sinfonia Anniversary. McIntosh D100 > Bluesound Node2i > Tidal. Clearaudio Performance DC. Gold Note PH-10, Gold Note PSU-10. Isol-8 InLine. Shunyata Research Hydra Delta D6. Wireworld. Acoustic Zen. Audioquest. Klipsch Cornwall III.

Greg

Last edited by gtubes; 04-29-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Vinyl, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc602 View Post
I upgraded from the Concept to a Performance SEP with the Maestro cart. I loved the Concept, but the Performance table sounds even better to me..
I hope it sounds better. It costs twice as much.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:19 PM

FYI....The Performance SEP with the AC motor is changing, they are working on a DC motor, similar type that's found in other CA models.....better and much more stable speed, should be available shortly, maybe a month or so....

Last edited by Removed; 04-28-2012 at 06:21 PM.