AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Magico

Magico Extreme Fidelity

Old 04-17-2013, 05:48 AM

Hi

From quarter2 newsletter. Magico stressed that any other kind of feet should not be used.
Ok, normally Magico provide spikes and spike cups or spike discs, to put under spikes.
In the case of Q7, the feet are not spikes but rather blunted larger feet than in other models.
Do they still provide the extra discs to put under that blunted feet too? If they dont provide, and
They do not recommend extra floor coupling devices. Then what did they put under Q7 feet at CES2013?
See this Youtube, CES 2013 2 days, 7 rooms. Why do they put extra floor coupling devices under Q7
Standard feet? Despite recommended against them.

Toga
P.S. no intention to detect mistake from them, just want to know what is really the best way to put Q7 on thick carpet.
Because bass response of Q3 changed greatly between many difference methods to put them on carpet. so just wanna know why Magico put something under Q7 at CES. And what were they.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-1669449478.jpg (57.3 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg image-3079888758.jpg (41.1 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg image-1267013144.jpg (42.5 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg image-2400003224.jpg (54.6 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by TOGA; 04-17-2013 at 06:06 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
Hi

From quarter2 newsletter. Magico stressed that any other kind of feet should not be used.
Ok, normally Magico provide spikes and spike cups or spike discs, to put under spikes.
In the case of Q7, the feet are not spikes but rather blunted larger feet than in other models.
Do they still provide the extra discs to put under that blunted feet too? If they dont provide, and
They do not recommend extra floor coupling devices. Then what did they put under Q7 feet at CES2013?
See this Youtube, CES 2013 2 days, 7 rooms. Why do they put extra floor coupling devices under Q7
Standard feet? Despite recommended against them.

Toga
P.S. no intention to detect mistake from them, just want to know what is really the best way to put Q7 on thick carpet.
Because bass response of Q3 changed greatly between many difference methods to put them on carpet. so just wanna know why Magico put something under Q7 at CES. And what were they.

I still say that a proper set of cones / spikes etc will be much better sounding than any blunt footer that allows micro rocking of the speaker.

In my Florida home the Q3 placed on the 1" carpet with 3/4" thick pad rocks back forth terrible unless spiked to the concrete slab underneath.

Trouble with spiked 750lb Q7 is it is very hard if not impossible to dial in (fine tune) once on the spikes.

Last edited by Tony007; 04-17-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:53 AM

Why don't you contact Magico directly?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:12 AM

Because first question will be where do I live.

Then give me contact number of local dealer.
But the truth is dealer have very limited experience with Q7.
Only a pair have been delivered. I believe they will not know much about what I want to know anyway.

Toga
Old 04-17-2013, 12:10 PM

Ok I did it.

I sent pictures to local dealer asking them to forward to CA HQ.
I will report back when I know what were under the Q7, and why they had to use them.
Toga
Old 04-17-2013, 01:34 PM

Toga,
Q7 weights 340kg and I saw its original feet. They are IMHO more then sufficient for floor coupling. I also directly spoke with Magico about it and they were against any alternative feet-specially for Q7.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:45 PM

The operator of the venue for CES2013 may have required them to set a 750lb object on something other than the direct floor. Just a thought
Old 04-17-2013, 09:00 PM

Hi, in the CES , there s a carpet. And what Magico put under Q7 feet do not seem to help protect hotel carpet

In any way because of same contact area. I don't want to replace feet, just want to know should I have something
Between feet and carpet like Magico did.

Just wait for their answer and I will let you know

Toga

Last edited by TOGA; 04-17-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
Hi, in the CES , there s a carpet. And what Magico put under Q7 feet do not seem to help protect hotel carpet

In any way because of same contact area. I don't want to replace feet, just want to know should I have something
Between feet and carpet like Magico did.

Just wait for their answer and I will let you know

Toga
These looks like Teflon sliders, probably used to slide the speakers around for positioning. Most likely taken out after final set up.
Why don’t you contact Magico directly. They are pretty responsive via emails (look at their web site for contact info).
Old 08-26-2013, 09:54 AM

It is incredibly difficult to position Magicos precisely using their spikes coupled to a wooden floor, perhaps through carpet. And I believe the positioning is crucial to getting the right sound - I have been able to position mine to a 1mm accuracy. To deliver that I bought some massive black granite/marble slabs and then place my Magicos with spikes and footers on them. Just about adjustable with two man effort that way but entirely solid in terms of chance of sound pressure movement - if you do the maths it will confirm.