AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 04-07-2019, 09:56 PM

Default Thank You Caelin and Richard

I recently made the decision to do the Shunyata Triton V3 upgrade on my V1. I contacted Shunyata and Richard immediately corresponded with me to make this transaction happen. My circumstance was unique as I was going to be in Victoria BC on business and wanted to drop off the unit personally as Poulsbo was only a Ferry ride and 1 hour car away. I made these arrangements in late February and Richard insisted that I let him know my ETA the day of travel as he wanted to be there when I arrived. Well this past Friday as I boarded the ferry I gave Richard a quick text to let him know I was on my way. When my wife and I arrived at SR HQ Richard was waiting behind the door awaiting our arrival. After quick introductions Richard carried our Triton inside. Shelley asked to use the Restroom and while Richard showed her where to go I looked at the waiting area and there was Caelin answering some texts on his phone. I introduced myself to him. He inquired regarding the purpose of my visit and how I had heard of them (AA). Upon return of my wife and Richard he asked if we had time for a tour of their facilities. Caelin and Richard spent an hour with Shelley and I going through their premises, introducing us to their employees and showing us cables/ conditioners in current production and things they were working on. To say we were impressed is an understatement. Shunyata's operation is first class all the way. It felt like the whole company was a closely knit family all working towards a goal of excellence inspired by their founder's vision and ingenuity. There was a full wall of all the patents and awards the company had received.
Caelin truly is an individual whose passion for his work is unlimited. This visit truly reinforced our decision to acquire and own Shunyata products. Caelin/Richard we cannot thank you enough for your hospitality. We hope to see you again in the future. Regards Joe and Shelley.

PS Puma Cat you have a special PKG coming your way.....

Last edited by jcandel; 04-08-2019 at 01:26 AM.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:15 PM
Cool, calm scientist

What a wonderful story. I've known Richard and Grant personally for a number of years, and Caelin through his membership here at AA.

As someone who was a professional scientist his entire life, I really apprecite and admire the engineering and data-driven approach that Shunyata pursue in the development of products that create involving and beguiling musical experiences. Caelin's development of DTCD and the attendant measurement system and methodology underpinnining the DTCD embodiment is an engineering tour-de-force, in my professional opinon.

I've actually read some of Caelin's patents and was impressed with their intellectual rigor. It was reading these patents that convinced me to try my first Shunyata products, a pair of Diamondback power cords. I did an A/B with them for a good friend and audio buddy, Gregory. I still remember literally seeing Gregory's mouth drop open in astonishment when I installed them. So now Gregory has and uses Shunayta products, too! He's got all Shunyata power cords and a Hydra 6, and he did a demo for another friend of his, and that guy bought Shunyata power cords, as well!

Last weekend, Gregory brought over his Shunyata Venom USB cable, and we did a demo and were very, very impressed with the audio quality from this affordable but high-performing USB cable; it sounds absolutely lovely.

I also recently sold my Hydra 8 to a good friend, and he is VERY happy with it, also. He remarked that the level of improvement it brought to the system was "spooky".

From there on, I consider the Shunyata products I own and use as the critical foundation from which accurate, quiet, natural and engaging music reproduction flows.

Great company, great people, great products.

J, thanks! I'll keep an eye out for it...

-Stephen aka the 'ole snaggle-toothed, gamy-legged PC
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 04-08-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:03 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Stories like this brings it all together!
Old 04-08-2019, 12:38 AM

Entirely wired with Shunyata and always will be.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:34 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
Stories like this brings it all together!
Indeed.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:35 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddeophile View Post
Entirely wired with Shunyata and always will be.
Yep! I'm not fully wired with Shunyata yet, but I definitely plan to be....more later on my Shunyata Venom and Delta IC evaluations.

Oh, I also use Shunayta Venom HDMI cables in my home theatre as well, and they are excellent. Superb performance for the price.

If I were starting from scratch, all cables and power distribution in my system would be fully Shunyata Research.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 04-08-2019 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:26 PM

What an incredible experience it must have been! From time to time I am curious to look at some other manufacturers but eventually, I always come back to Shunyata.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Yep! I'm not fully wired with Shunyata yet, but I definitely plan to be..

If I were starting from scratch, all cables and power distribution in my system would be fully Shunyata Research.
Yup Stephen, I feel the same way........jc