AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Power Conditioners

Power Conditioners Voltage regulation to AC Regeneration

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-01-2016, 05:26 PM
lostinla's Avatar
lostinla lostinla is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Posts: 178
Default

I did the same - sub panel and dedicated 29a circuits with GTX sockets. For me it was a huge step up in sound quality and bass output. I assume the very long run of 14g previously with many sockets along the way was starving my system.
__________________
Custom fanless SSD ROCK > DCS Rossini > D'Agostino Momentum S250 > Wilson Audio Sasha
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-25-2018, 01:08 PM
rnrmf1971 rnrmf1971 is online now
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: orlando
Posts: 995
Default

Can someone that's installed or examined the latest Furutech 105-D NCF wall plate explain the following detail from the Furutech description?

"Important notice for customers using the 105-D NCF outlet cover with GTX Wall Plate: for improved sonic performance, the 105-D NCF has been designed not to sit on the base of the GTX Wall Plate and the Teflon sheet is not required when fixing the 105-D NCF to the GTX Wall Plate."

What exactly is this saying? Is it NOT designed to be used with the GTX Wall Plate? The quote seems to say that improved sonic performance is obtained by not placing the 105-D on the wall plate. What is the included Teflon Sheet supposed to be used for?

I'm thinking of ordering the wall plates but unclear with how they are best designed to be installed - with or without wall plates and with or without a teflon sheet.
__________________
Christian

STUFF:Mark Levinson No.52 pre-amp, Bricasti M28 amplifiers, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC's and speaker cables, Acrolink, Siltech, and Furutech PCs, Shunyata Triton V3 +Typhon w/ Sigma HC power cable, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-25-2018, 01:38 PM
Ventoux's Avatar
Ventoux Ventoux is offline
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: S.F. Bay
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
Can someone that's installed or examined the latest Furutech 105-D NCF wall plate explain the following detail from the Furutech description?

"Important notice for customers using the 105-D NCF outlet cover with GTX Wall Plate: for improved sonic performance, the 105-D NCF has been designed not to sit on the base of the GTX Wall Plate and the Teflon sheet is not required when fixing the 105-D NCF to the GTX Wall Plate."

What exactly is this saying? Is it NOT designed to be used with the GTX Wall Plate? The quote seems to say that improved sonic performance is obtained by not placing the 105-D on the wall plate. What is the included Teflon Sheet supposed to be used for?

I'm thinking of ordering the wall plates but unclear with how they are best designed to be installed - with or without wall plates and with or without a teflon sheet.
That quote from Furutech sure seems to contradict itself.
I have the wall plate and 105-D NCF cover and intend to use them together. I just may not use the Teflon sheet. Curious what Ivan's take on this is. He sold several packages together (105-D NFC + GTX Wall Plate + GTX-D NCF Receptacle) last year and that's how I'm going to be installing mine (this weekend FINALLY).
__________________
Power: Sub-panel w 3 dedicated 20A breakers + EP-2050
Power Outlets: Furutech GTX-D NCF (R)
Rack: Core Audio Designs
Power Distribution: Shunyata Denali
Amps: McIntosh MC2301
Pre-Amp: McIntosh C1100
Tubes: Genalex Gold Lions
Digital: PS Audio DirectStream Junior: Roon Ready
Signal Cables: WireWorld XLR's
Speakers: Canton Reference K3's
Speaker cables: WW Silver Eclipse 7
Analog: Dr. Feickert Woodpecker + Kiseki Purple Heart
Tweaks: Shakti stones & Understanding Wife
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-25-2018, 03:23 PM
TommyC's Avatar
TommyC TommyC is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventoux View Post
That quote from Furutech sure seems to contradict itself.
I have the wall plate and 105-D NCF cover and intend to use them together. I just may not use the Teflon sheet. Curious what Ivan's take on this is. He sold several packages together (105-D NFC + GTX Wall Plate + GTX-D NCF Receptacle) last year and that's how I'm going to be installing mine (this weekend FINALLY).
The teflon sheet is not needed. The 105-D is slightly larger than the GTX Wall plate recessed cut out. So it sort of "floats" on the plate.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-25-2018, 03:26 PM
Ventoux's Avatar
Ventoux Ventoux is offline
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: S.F. Bay
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
The teflon sheet is not needed. The 105-D is slightly larger than the GTX Wall plate recessed cut out. So it sort of "floats" on the plate.
Yes, I've been following that thread as well, Thanks!
__________________
Power: Sub-panel w 3 dedicated 20A breakers + EP-2050
Power Outlets: Furutech GTX-D NCF (R)
Rack: Core Audio Designs
Power Distribution: Shunyata Denali
Amps: McIntosh MC2301
Pre-Amp: McIntosh C1100
Tubes: Genalex Gold Lions
Digital: PS Audio DirectStream Junior: Roon Ready
Signal Cables: WireWorld XLR's
Speakers: Canton Reference K3's
Speaker cables: WW Silver Eclipse 7
Analog: Dr. Feickert Woodpecker + Kiseki Purple Heart
Tweaks: Shakti stones & Understanding Wife
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-26-2018, 01:06 PM
audioguru audioguru is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 85
Default

I am using the Furutech GTX/NCF-R outlets for each of my Mcintosh 2301 mono's, and also for all my source components. I could not be happier with the sonic results and improvement to micro-dynamics and tone these made to my system. But keep in mind, they do need a fair amount of burn in before they start to open up and perform at their best.
__________________
Best Regards, Andrew
The Sound Room: C1100/D1100 Combo, MC-2301 (2), MC-1.2Kw (2), Martin Logan Summit X, Wilson Yvette, MT-10 turntable, Lumin U1 streamer, Nordost Tyr 2 sc and ic's.
The Study: Sony HAP-Z1ES/TA-A1ES Combo, Kef LS50
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-26-2018, 06:12 PM
GWNG8 GWNG8 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 190
Default

Installed a burned in NCF-R receptacle.....does nothing. Another waste of money.
__________________
Pre-amp: McIntosh C500T
Amps: Pass Labs XA60.5 monoblocks
Speakers: Tannoy Kensington SE
CD player: McIntosh MCD1100
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-27-2018, 12:24 AM
rnrmf1971 rnrmf1971 is online now
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: orlando
Posts: 995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWNG8 View Post
Installed a burned in NCF-R receptacle.....does nothing. Another waste of money.
What kind of receptacle was replaced?

A few years ago, I had compared the (non-NCF) Gold and Rhodium versions of the Furutech outlet and preferred the Gold, so I'm confident that those two sound different, at least.
__________________
Christian

STUFF:Mark Levinson No.52 pre-amp, Bricasti M28 amplifiers, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC's and speaker cables, Acrolink, Siltech, and Furutech PCs, Shunyata Triton V3 +Typhon w/ Sigma HC power cable, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-27-2018, 02:53 PM
GWNG8 GWNG8 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 190
Default

^ I'm not sure of the make of it. It was aftermarket but there is no name on it. It was blue in color.
__________________
Pre-amp: McIntosh C500T
Amps: Pass Labs XA60.5 monoblocks
Speakers: Tannoy Kensington SE
CD player: McIntosh MCD1100
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-27-2018, 03:03 PM
j3brow's Avatar
j3brow j3brow is offline
The All Encompassing Trip


 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 3,164
Default New Furutech GTX/NCF-R outlets in the House

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWNG8 View Post
^ I'm not sure of the make of it. It was aftermarket but there is no name on it. It was blue in color.


Was it the Fim 880 (First In Music)?IMG_1344.JPG
__________________

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C
Amp: McIntosh MC601 (3), MC501 (2)
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N10 8TB, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Rega RP10 w/ Apheta 2
Signal cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Transparent Ref XL (MM2) interconnects
Digital cables: Wireworld Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU, and USB
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Hurricane power cords (5), Shunyata Alpha HC (5), Audioquest NRG Edison outlets, Furutech outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Dynaudio Contour 60, Contour 30, Contour 25C, Sub 6 (2)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:44 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2019 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Inspire By Dennis Had
Inspire By Dennis Had
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Wyred4Sound
Wyred4Sound
Dragonfire Acoustics
Dragonfire Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Add Powr
Add Powr
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Canton
Canton
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Furutech
Furutech
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase