AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Accuphase

Accuphase Enrich Life through Technology

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-02-2019, 04:15 PM
pabe12 pabe12 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 16
Default

Still no English-language brochure at Accuphase.com, but the German distributor has one in German on their news page: https://pia-hifi.de/news/

Oh, and I have one since last Friday ;-) together with a C-2450 (instead of C-2120)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-07-2019, 07:09 AM
plb0202 plb0202 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 7
Default

Some specs

・The output stage features a circuit configuration equivalent to that of the A-75
・6 parallel push-pull arrangement of MOS-FETs in the power amplifier modules.
・Newly-developed, massive high efficiency toroidal power transformer
・Two 60,000uF filtering capacitors (the A-47 has 2 56,000uF)
・Rated Output Power: 45W/8 ohm、90W/4 ohm、180W/2 ohm、320W/1 ohm
・Damping Factor of 800 where the A-47 is 600
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-10-2019, 12:41 PM
Pancho Pancho is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 18
Default

Hello Martin - currently using a Class A Luxman 590AXii.....with Triangle Magellan Cello Speakers ....considering Accuphase pre & power combination as my next upgrade ...

Was considering P4500 and then all this talk about A48 comes up.....would you Martin advocate that A48 would win thumps up against the p4500. Might be hard to say if you haven't auditioned them - still your knowledge if you could share is much appreciated.

At that level - would A & AB would it be sonically different ? audible enough ? Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-13-2019, 12:24 PM
modlin modlin is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 74
Default

class a amps from accuphase have balanced and unbalanced inputs...does this mean, one can hook up 2 different preamps and amp will automatically run signal from whichever preamp is turned on?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-13-2019, 01:53 PM
Roni's Avatar
Roni Roni is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 99
Default

I don't know from accuphase, I do with mcintosh just turn the button wish ever you want, balanced or unbalanced.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-13-2019, 02:08 PM
hifihut hifihut is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by modlin View Post
class a amps from accuphase have balanced and unbalanced inputs...does this mean, one can hook up 2 different preamps and amp will automatically run signal from whichever preamp is turned on?
No, you will have to manually change the input on the front of the amp. It will not "auto-detect"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-13-2019, 03:58 PM
modlin modlin is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifihut View Post
No, you will have to manually change the input on the front of the amp. It will not "auto-detect"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-20-2019, 02:57 AM
kimurastanley kimurastanley is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 12
Default

I have a chance to listen to E650 and C2420+A48 in the same system. Pretty amazed with the pre-power combo as compared to the great E650.
There is more ease and effortlessness, with better separation and better control of the system.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-20-2019, 10:43 AM
meltemi meltemi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
Hello Martin - currently using a Class A Luxman 590AXii.....with Triangle Magellan Cello Speakers ....considering Accuphase pre & power combination as my next upgrade ...

Was considering P4500 and then all this talk about A48 comes up.....would you Martin advocate that A48 would win thumps up against the p4500. Might be hard to say if you haven't auditioned them - still your knowledge if you could share is much appreciated.

At that level - would A & AB would it be sonically different ? audible enough ? Thanks
Sorry, but I cannot honestly answer your question. Too many unknown parameters to me. I do neither know the Luxman nor your speakers, and there is also no information about your sources or your cabling.

I once had the opportunity to listen to P-4200 vs. A-47, but on speakers and in an environment I knew. To my ears, the A-47 had some advantages over the P-4200, so personally I would have chosen Class A in this context.

Generally speaking, you need to find the optimum balance for your system. All components (sources, amps, speakers and cables) should eventually be chosen to match your sonic taste.
The only way to find your personal optimum is by doing a lot of (comparative) listening.
In this context you should not try to listen for differences you could describe in words, but rather rely on your emotional reaction to the music.
Do you feel more relaxed with a particular choice than with another? Do you get tired of listening more quickly with one choice than with another? Do you feel, you like one sonic character more than another?

Martin
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-20-2019, 04:42 PM
paltomare paltomare is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimurastanley View Post
I have a chance to listen to E650 and C2420+A48 in the same system. Pretty amazed with the pre-power combo as compared to the great E650.
There is more ease and effortlessness, with better separation and better control of the system.
Thanks for this info. I was on the fence with this exact component decision to make two weeks ago, without the luxury of hearing either component. Decided to go pre/power and now just waiting for them to come in.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2019 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Inspire By Dennis Had
Inspire By Dennis Had
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Wyred4Sound
Wyred4Sound
Dragonfire Acoustics
Dragonfire Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Acoustic Sciences Corportation
Acoustic Sciences Corportation
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Canton
Canton
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Furutech
Furutech
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase