Hi-Fi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
godwinaj... Welcome to AA!
Thanks! My wife's excited I have other people to talk Hi-Fi with now. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweet View Post
godwinaj,
Thanks! Sounds to me like you are rocking it in the camper world. Are you on the road often? Maybe we will be traveling the same highway someday.
My grandpa did sound systems at fairs and festivals when I was growing up and I would always go on the road with them, so I grew up in campers! My wife and I decided to get one last year and love it! She fell in love with the KZ rear kitchen and I fell in love with a Nissan Titan XD. This is her first time trailer camping so we went down to parks near Columbus to get her feet wet. This summer we're planning some excursions to Kentucky and Tennessee.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:37 PM

Thatís one sweet camera, Terry. I considered a CL. I may still pull the trigger. Like the fool I am, I sold all my Leica film cameras many years ago. Thatís a decision I regret.
I didnít know know you were a photo buff. If this is your travel camera, what is your main camera(s)?
Speakers:
Wilson Sasha 1
Digital Sources:
Ayre QX-5 Music Hub/ DAC
Ayre CX-7-E mp CD player
SGC sonicTransporter
Turntable:
Brinkmann Bardo
12Ē Brinkmann arm w/ Lyra Delos
Cables:
Cardas Clear
Old 03-08-2018, 11:49 PM

Default Travel camera

Great camera. I have a titanium version and that is a keeper
Old 03-09-2018, 12:29 AM
♫ Now playing... ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garytn View Post
Thatís one sweet camera, Terry. I considered a CL. I may still pull the trigger. Like the fool I am, I sold all my Leica film cameras many years ago. Thatís a decision I regret.
I didnít know know you were a photo buff. If this is your travel camera, what is your main camera(s)?
Gary,
Sorry I missed you. We've been traveling the past couple weeks. The Leica Q is an extremely nice camera. We used it all last week while traveling to the coast in our Airstream and it worked extremely well. Even better than we hoped. We also carry a Nikon D800 and a Nikon D850. Love the new D850. Are you considering a new Leica to replace the one you sold? If so, you will not be disappointed. The Leica Q is a dream camera.
McIntosh C2300, MC601 (2), MCD1100, MR88, MPC1500, MCLK12. Tannoy Canterbury GR, Tannoy GR SuperTweeter. REL Acoustics 212/SE (2). APC S15 (2). Sonos Connect. Duelund. Wireworld. Transparent. Shunyata. Synology. ASC. GIK Acoustics.
HT: McIntosh. Tannoy. REL. Oppo.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:30 AM
♫ Now playing... ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct005 View Post
Great camera. I have a titanium version and that is a keeper
Chris,
Very nice! Keeper is the best word to describe the Leica Q.
McIntosh C2300, MC601 (2), MCD1100, MR88, MPC1500, MCLK12. Tannoy Canterbury GR, Tannoy GR SuperTweeter. REL Acoustics 212/SE (2). APC S15 (2). Sonos Connect. Duelund. Wireworld. Transparent. Shunyata. Synology. ASC. GIK Acoustics.
Old 03-09-2018, 11:47 AM
From the BAT cave ...

Terry, that new Leica looks sweet. Congrats!
Randy (1158) - Wilson Sophia 2; BAT VK-600SE, BAT VK-52SE, Esoteric K-01; JL Audio F113 x3; Sound Anchor Stands; Exact Power EP-15 and SP-15; Oppo BDP-83 SE; Bryston SP3; Emotiva MPS-1; Sony VPL-VW285ES 4K front projector; 92" Stewart Firehawk; Rocket 200, 300, 750; ASC Tube Traps; WireWorld Silver Electra 5^2 PC's, Silver Eclipse 6 IC's and Silver Eclipse 6 SC's; Shunyata Sigma HC (x2) amp to wall; Shunyata Hydra 6/Black Mamba CX-HC and Shunyata MPC-12/Venom HC power distribution and conditioning; Stillpoints Ultra 5, Ultra SS and Mini isolation; Clearaudio Concept (MC) turntable; PS Audio GCPH phono stage; Bryston 10B-SUB active cross-over; Sonos streaming; W4S Remedy upsample and clock; Silenzio media server; WireWorld Platinum Starlight USB.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:14 PM

Default Travel camera

Make sure you have the latest firmware update. It makes a world of difference in terms of auto focus. I heard the new Q is coming up with interchangeable lens.

Last edited by ct005; 03-12-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:45 PM
♫ Now playing... ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct005 View Post
Make sure you have the latest firmware update. It makes a world of difference in terms of auto focus. I heard the new Q is coming up with interchangeable lens.
Chris,
Thanks. The Q has the latest firmware. I read about the interchangeable lens but we had no desire to start collecting and carrying even more camera gear. My wife already loads my truck down with camera gear when we travel with the Airstream. With the Q, less is more.

We are traveling to India in a couple weeks and plan to give the Q a serious workout. So far, we love it.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:43 PM

The Q is great. I had to go for the M 10 and just love it. Sold my first Leica for a down payment on my first house many years ago (along with the stereo system), so itís nice to reclaim some of my original passions.

Nothing like Leica. The Fujiís are likely to get lots less use now (although I love them for particular things).

Amplification > Accuphase A200 (2) / C3800 / C37
Sources > PS Audio DirectStream DAC > DirectStream Memory Player > Silenzio by -E- (via Roon/NAS) > Magnum-Dynalab > MD-108T SE / MD-205 > ClearAudio / Innovation / Universal > Lyra / Kleos
Speakers/Cables > TAD R-1 MKII > Verastarr Grand Illusion Statement Copper (1), Gold (1) // REL 212 SEs (2x)
Power > Accuphase PS 1230 (2) / 3 dedicated lines with PowerPorts
Foundation > Rix Rax > Hoodoo / Amp Stands > Stillpoints under as much as my bank account can then accommodate
IC/PC > Power // Verastarr Grand Illusion Statement HC, Grand Illusion Statement > ICs // Verastarr Grand Illusion Signature XLR > Digital // Verastarr Nemesis USB
Other > Audio Desk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner Pro

Rental (while the room is being built): Accuphase E650 replaces the C3800 and A200s. All of the other stuff above that's usable, except the turntable stuff. Using TAD CR-1s, rather than the R-1s.

Portables and Cans:

Cans > Sennheiser 800
IEMs > Westone W50, Bose QC20
Amplification > Auralic Taurus
Sources > Auralic Altair, Onkyo DP-X1
IC/SC/PC > Sennheiser Balanced / AQ Yukon XLRs / Shunyata Venom 3 (2) / Black Dragon Balanced

Kitchen:

KEF LS50 Wireless
Wyred4Sound Modded Sonos Connect