AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Off Topic

General Off Topic Almost anything goes!

Old 03-05-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhog View Post
Why is Pluto always back and forth called planet 9 then not Serge?

I just also feel we are NOT a perfect orbit around the sun, and there are so so many variables with all the other planets are distance from sun, the suns varying temps etc. All this I would imagine have an effect on the Earths temps more than any thing else.

Also are we not in a calming period as far as the Suns solar flares are concerned?

We need some giant flares in the order like X factors:

"Monday, April 2, 2001, the sun unleashed one of the biggest solar flare ever recorded, as observed by the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) satellite. The flare was definitely more powerful than the famous solar flare on March 6, 1989, which was related to the disruption of power grids in Canada."

The biggest flares are known as "X-class flares" based on a classification system that divides solar flares according to their strength. The smallest ones are A-class (near background levels), followed by B, C, M and X. Similar to the Richter scale for earthquakes, each letter represents a 10-fold increase in energy output. So an X is ten times an M and 100 times a C. Within each letter class there is a finer scale from 1 to 9.
That will fix the cell tower crap good
Pluto is the runt of the litter, smaller than our Moon!

I'm not familiar with the Sun temperature fluctuations? There are definite Solar Activity Cycles. In fact we are somewhere around Solar Minimum right now which scientists attribute to the extremely cold winters like we are experiencing this year! In fact a mini ice age is what some are predicting.

As to solar flares, I believe I have posted the grim outlook from those scientists aware of the situation before. If a massive solar flare hits us dead on, 90% of the population will die in the first year.

A flare like that and they are happening all the time but it is like a Russian Roulette, gets fired off in every direction from the Sun. Where it hits is a different question. Our power grid as well as other countries are for the most part not protected from the power surge of that magnitude and will be destroyed. No electricity for many years before they would even be able to restore it. No food, no water, no gas, nothing. 90% of population of the people living outside of the "grow it yourself" zone will perish.

Last edited by PHC1; 03-05-2019 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:04 PM

The Moon acts on our tides, not the weather.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:17 PM

The oceans, not so much on the lakes. At 12,000 sq miles and depths of 5300 ft the largest lake on Earth is evidently not big enough for all the water molecules to combine into one giant attractive force to be attracted by the moon. Tides as high as 30 ft on the oceans in some places and millimeters on the biggest lake in the world. Makes perfect sense (I am being sarcastic)

The oceans are sloshing around is the other explanation. Exactly what they are sloshing around from while the lakes are totally still is a mystery to me.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:49 AM

I think it's due to the difference between our gravity and the Moon's, which creates the tidal flow, and set's limits to it. Except in the case of hurricanes, storms and earthquakes. There is no tidal flow on rock or solid ground so inland lakes are not affected. We think the giant water planet has constant tidal waves, as it has no other source of external gravity acting on it like a comparable moon. Which negates my theorem as why would it have constant waves. Perhaps it doesn't.