AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 11-10-2019, 10:04 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
SQL...Standard Query Language?

[emoji22] sound quality
Old 11-10-2019, 02:45 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
[emoji22] sound quality
Ah, got it.

Yes, improved sound quality.

Most of what I notice is lower noise floor, quieter and more natural presentation with improved imaging "clarity" (e.g. hearing the secondary reflection of Kenny's guitar off the opposite wall in the recording studio). And this is with 90 minutes of burn-in time.

Never heard the secondary reflection off the opposite wall from Kenny's guitar before...

I think a not insignificant portion of this is due to a notable reduction in clock phase noise.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:23 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

I’m excited to try it and I made a lot of those same gains after moving all components supporting modems and switches onto a dedicated circuit in my earth grounded sub panel tied in with Furutech cabling and receptacle -
Old 11-11-2019, 03:06 PM
Cool, calm scientist

My EtherREGEN (ER) arrived just before 6 PM last night; set it up with a minor change to my prior configuration.

Here was my configuration prior to the arrival of ER using my Pace router* w/ 4 RJ45 ports† that function an "Ethernet switch".

Bedroom/Study: Mac Mini/Roon Core->copper Ethernet->Pace router->copper Ethernet->TP-link FMC w/ Sonore SOPT-specification optical tranceiver->Tripp-Lite OM-1 LC/LC fiber running direct from study to main audio rack in living room.

Living Room/Main Audio Rack:
Fiber (from bedroom/study) -> Sonore Optical Module -> copper Ethernet-> SOtM UltraNeo network bridge->USB cable->Schiit Gungnir Multibit DAC††.

Gotta say, this setup sounded pretty dang good, however....

New configuration (with changes bolded/italicized):

Bedroom/Study:
Mac Mini/Roon Core->copper Ethernet->Pace router->copper Ethernet->Optical Module->Tripp-Lite OM-1 LC/LC fiber running to main audio rack.
Living Room/Main Audio Rack:
Fiber (from bedroom/study) -> ER using SFP/optical transceiver on A-side -> copper Ethernet on ER B-side-> SOtM UltraNeo network bridge->USB cable->Schiit Gungnir Multibit DAC††.

(all Ethernet cables are Shunyata Sigma; USB cable is Shunyata Alpha USB)

First impressions right out of the box Saturday night....
Listening to Kenny Burrell's “Saturday Night Blues” on the Midnight Blue (24/192Khz) album, and I can I can hear the "reflection" of Kenny's guitar off the far wall in the recording studio...his guitar is on the left, and I can the secondary reflection of his guitar off the opposite, right wall in the room they were playing in…whoa.

Most of what I noticed was a lower noise floor, a quieter, and more natural presentation with improved imaging spacious, definition and "clarity" (e.g. hearing the secondary reflection of Kenny's guitar off the opposite wall in the recording studio). And this is with <90 minutes of burn-in time.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 11-11-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:09 PM
Cool, calm scientist

I spent last evening listening to a broad selection of full symphonic classical music, everything from Joaquin Rodrigo's Concerto de Andaluz and Fantasia para un Gentilhombre to Aaron Copland's Applachian Spring, and ER is performing wonderfully.

There is an accurate and mellifluous presentation of hall ambience, spaciousness, depth, width, and instrumental imaging, separation. and definition. Timpani produce incredible dynamics and scale, and the individual instrumental timbres are detailed and lifelike. I can hear and place individual instruments at the back of the orchestra with respect to placement, volume (loudness), texture and scale. The listening ease that ER imparts makes it enjoyable to listening to a range of different mic-ing, recording, and mastering for the various performances.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 11-11-2019 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
I spent last evening listening to a broad selection of full symphonic classical music, everything from Joaquin Rodrigo's Concerto de Andaluz and Fantasia para un Gentilhombre to Aaron Copland's Applachian Spring, and ER is performing wonderfully.

There is an accurate and mellifluous presentation of hall ambience, spaciousness, depth, width, and instrumental imaging, separation. and definition. Timpani produce incredible dynamics and scale, and the individual instrumental timbres are detailed and lifelike. I can hear and place individual instruments at the back of the orchestra with respect to placement, volume (loudness), texture and scale. The listening ease that ER imparts makes it enjoyable to listening to a range of different mic-ing, recording, and mastering for the various performances.

I received my ER on Saturday and it works as advertised. It’s interesting how you never notice the noise” until it’s gone. The absence of noise is very obvious. A definite keeper for me.

I am going from my Melco Ethernet output to the ER then to my Bricasti M1 SE DAC.
Melco N1ZH60/2 ---> EtherRegen ---> Bricasti M1 SE DAC ---> ASR Emitter II Exclusive Version Blue w/Battery PSU ---> Eggleston Andra III speakers rolling on Stillpoints Ultra 5's ----> Dual Rythmik E15 Subs ---> all tied together Via MIT MA-X RCA IC and MIT Matrix SHD120 Rev.2 Bi-Wire speaker cables.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:34 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by sircharles View Post
I received my ER on Saturday and it works as advertised. It’s interesting how you never notice the noise” until it’s gone. The absence of noise is very obvious. A definite keeper for me.

I am going from my Melco Ethernet output to the ER then to my Bricasti M1 SE DAC.

True about noise, so true!
Old 11-12-2019, 02:08 PM

Well, I'm convinced. I ordered one last night.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:26 PM

Me too, ordered today. Thanks Stephen for all the great info.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 11-12-2019, 05:13 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sircharles View Post
Funny how that works...

I love quiet systems....they really add to creating an engaging experience.