AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Sonus Faber

Sonus Faber Italy's Best

Old 08-23-2013, 06:28 PM

Default Venere for center and rear with Amati's?

Haven't heard the Venere yet but got some new furniture and am moving our room and around and decided I should at least have some 5.1 in the room for when we am watching movies.

Since the room won't allow it to be a great "theater" how do you think the they would go with my Amati Homage?
Old 08-24-2013, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McInosh View Post
Haven't heard the Venere yet but got some new furniture and am moving our room and around and decided I should at least have some 5.1 in the room for when we am watching movies.

Since the room won't allow it to be a great "theater" how do you think the they would go with my Amati Homage?
I think it could be ok. The centre speaker is very important. More important than they behind you.
The centre Cremona M or Luito Smart would match your Amati Homage better, both in design and sound I think.
I use Luito Smart as centre with The Futura and it's good. Liuto Smart is small and thats good i think since it's in the living room.

Good luck
Old 08-25-2013, 09:06 AM

I have spent a fair amount of time listening to the Venere 2.5 at my dealer. I think they would be great for the rear speakers but not for your center channel. The Venere performs really well for its price point but the tweeter in particular sounds pretty rolled off to me. Especially since you will be putting it up against Amatis.
I have Cremona M in my main room with a mismatched center speaker (Paradigm ) from a previous system and it really drives me nuts sometimes. I end up listening to some concerts or shows in 2 channel mode because of this. Since I don't watch a lot of TV it just has not been a priority for me to correct. I would think a Cremona center would be a better match, or possibly the Olympica center that is due for release soon.
Primary System: Ayre KX-5, Ayre VX-5, Ayre C-5XEmp, Ayre QB-9 DSD: Sonus Faber Olympica III: Audioquest Meteor: Yamaha RXV-1800, Oppo BDP-103, Paradigm center and rear surrounds, Paradigm Ultracube 12 sub, Audience ar6-TSD
Office System: Luxman L-507uX, Esoteric K-05, Harbeth 30.1, Dual REL T5 subs, Nordost Tyr 2 cabling, Audience ar6-TSD
Old 08-25-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioPhilio View Post
I have spent a fair amount of time listening to the Venere 2.5 at my dealer. I think they would be great for the rear speakers but not for your center channel. The Venere performs really well for its price point but the tweeter in particular sounds pretty rolled off to me. Especially since you will be putting it up against Amatis.
I have Cremona M in my main room with a mismatched center speaker (Paradigm ) from a previous system and it really drives me nuts sometimes. I end up listening to some concerts or shows in 2 channel mode because of this. Since I don't watch a lot of TV it just has not been a priority for me to correct. I would think a Cremona center would be a better match, or possibly the Olympica center that is due for release soon.
I agree!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:33 PM

Yeah, a Cremona center would be better but I am not going for theater quality this time around, I am just tired of watching movies with the crap speakers in our plasma. Tried a soundbar, still sucks.

Our previous residence had a dedicated theater. When we moved we let our kids take everything so now they have a McIntosh/MartinLogan theater in their garage.

Right now I am trying to figure out what processor to get and what to power the center and rears with using pass through on my C2200 for the L and R.

I could probably get my old electronics back and give them a HT receiver and they would be happy, but now I am thinking of getting a HT receiver for myself and get some newer technology and let them keep the old stuff. Heck my old MX134 still uses S-Video :-)

Either that or go simple with something like the Emotiva 3 channel amp and Emotiva UMC-200 processor, as long as that processors triggers will initiate pass through on 2200..

Last edited by McInosh; 08-26-2013 at 05:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-27-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Yes and no.
a system with a front end with Amati, center Olympica and rear Venere?
for me is better Amati and the rest 3 (center and rear) with the Venere.
You go have 2 type of "sound" and not 3 types!!!

Your first target is the 2 channel system and the Amati are great. for see a movie the Venere is more as enough.

Imho

Style
Old 08-27-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Yeah, a Cremona center would be better but I am not going for theater quality this time around, I am just tired of watching movies with the crap speakers in our plasma. Tried a soundbar, still sucks.

Our previous residence had a dedicated theater. When we moved we let our kids take everything so now they have a McIntosh/MartinLogan theater in their garage.

Right now I am trying to figure out what processor to get and what to power the center and rears with using pass through on my C2200 for the L and R.

I could probably get my old electronics back and give them a HT receiver and they would be happy, but now I am thinking of getting a HT receiver for myself and get some newer technology and let them keep the old stuff. Heck my old MX134 still uses S-Video :-)

Either that or go simple with something like the Emotiva 3 channel amp and Emotiva UMC-200 processor, as long as that processors triggers will initiate pass through on 2200..

I read you now. Venere will work well in this matter.
I got carried away. For me, 2 channel system is important. The theater system is not that important in the same way. As long the centre makes the voices clear and natural it's fine. I had one not doing that for a while and that really made the whole theater thing frustrating.
So if you try it, try it with voices and make them right.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:59 PM

Decided to bite the bullet and found a used Cremona center and a set of NOS discontinued Liuto Monitors in cherry with stands for the rear.

Thanks for the push in the right direction folks :-)
Old 09-01-2013, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Decided to bite the bullet and found a used Cremona center and a set of NOS discontinued Liuto Monitors in cherry with stands for the rear.

Thanks for the push in the right direction folks :-)

It will be great.