AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Automobiles

Automobiles Need for Speed

Old 08-16-2016, 07:21 PM

And the price in Australia even before the gouging?

A$300k about what the dealer is asking for in USD

And they are all sold out.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:43 PM

In my opinion, BMW has found a way to squeeze money out of its loyalist. From what I have read, while the GTS manages to get more hp and less weight than a regular M4, at nearly twice the price of the M4 it is already pushing it far. The only way the mark-up comes in play is because of limited production.
Seems as if BMW is trying to imitate Porsche and their 911R strategy.
My wife has a M2 coming soon. I hope her dealer does not play those kind of tricks. We won't put up with that.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:23 PM

That is not my car by the way, just thought I'd share what goes on. Fortunately I have a good relationship with my dealer and they are reputable and honest so the car will be sold to me at MSRP.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
In my opinion, BMW has found a way to squeeze money out of its loyalist. From what I have read, while the GTS manages to get more hp and less weight than a regular M4, at nearly twice the price of the M4 it is already pushing it far. The only way the mark-up comes in play is because of limited production.
Seems as if BMW is trying to imitate Porsche and their 911R strategy.
My wife has a M2 coming soon. I hope her dealer does not play those kind of tricks. We won't put up with that.
With the kind of money the dealer is gouging, why not getting the M4,
Competition Package if you like, and then take it to Dinan for a Stage II
or III treatment and you almost get there, tuned engine (530hp), coil-overs
and exhaust, for $10k. And Dinan has a 50k warranty so it should give some
piece of mind. It is not going to be stock, and it's not going to look as
agressive and cool as the GTS, but there will be a lot of money to spare.
Main: Mc C2200 (Telefunkens) and MC207, Spectral DMA-180, Marantz AV8805A, JL Audio CR-1 and SAv2, Sony ST-SA5ES, TC-KA3ES and MDS-JA50ES, Oppo UDP-205 and BDP-103D, Bryson BDA-3, Magnum Dynalab FM Signal Sleuth, Remedy, PS Audio P12, Pioneer DT-555,
Samsung 65" QLED TV 8K, JBL 4311B, M&K MX125II on Ultra SS Stillpoints, B&W HTM2D2, CCM7.3 S2, CCM683
Office: Sony TA-F700ES (Mod), MDS-JA50ES (Mod) and SEQ-333ES, Accuphase T-107B, Bryston BDA-3, BHA-1 and BUC-1, Audeze LCD-4, Linn Tukan, REL T7 on Ultra SS Stillpoints, PC Server (16 TB)

Mobile:Audison bit One Virtuoso HD, bit Play HD, Amps and speakers.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:59 AM

Congrats, nice car! We're shopping for my wife's next machine. She wants a wagon which doesn't exactly leave us with many choices. I'm urging her to look at either a 330i Sportwagon or the new Allroad, which as far as I can tell are about what there is to select from apart from the S90 wagon, and I won't do a Volvo based on prior experiences.

The BMW is in the lead and if we do it, we'll pick it up in Munich. If we go with the Audi, we'll take delivery it in Ingolstadt. The salient driver for buying an Audi is the ridiculous way we have to option the BMW to get what we want. The packages are infuriating and force you to buy stuff you don't want to get the things you do want.

But as you've opted for the M4GTS, none iof my problems apply. Have a ball!
Old 08-20-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piolaxo View Post
With the kind of money the dealer is gouging, why not getting the M4,
Competition Package if you like, and then take it to Dinan for a Stage II
or III treatment and you almost get there, tuned engine (530hp), coil-overs
and exhaust, for $10k. And Dinan has a 50k warranty so it should give some
piece of mind. It is not going to be stock, and it's not going to look as
agressive and cool as the GTS, but there will be a lot of money to spare.
Always has been a thought of mine. The M4GTS due to its rarity will hold value much better than a modified car, even if it is Dinan.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
Congrats, nice car! We're shopping for my wife's next machine. She wants a wagon which doesn't exactly leave us with many choices. I'm urging her to look at either a 330i Sportwagon or the new Allroad, which as far as I can tell are about what there is to select from apart from the S90 wagon, and I won't do a Volvo based on prior experiences.

The BMW is in the lead and if we do it, we'll pick it up in Munich. If we go with the Audi, we'll take delivery it in Ingolstadt. The salient driver for buying an Audi is the ridiculous way we have to option the BMW to get what we want. The packages are infuriating and force you to buy stuff you don't want to get the things you do want.

But as you've opted for the M4GTS, none iof my problems apply. Have a ball!
Can't go wrong with either. I think the BMW will feel a bit sportier over the Allroad, if that is important. The included/free BMW maintenance service is nice, it always makes me cringe paying for every service of my S4 after owning BMWs and not having to pay. The 15,000 mile service, Audi wanted $400.

Last edited by PHC1; 08-20-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Can't go wrong with either. I think the BMW will feel a bit sportier over the Allroad, if that is important. The included/free BMW maintenance service is nice, it always makes me cringe paying for every service of my S4 after owning BMWs and not having to pay. The 15,000 mile service, Audi wanted $400.
Free maintenance service? Wow! Good to know! The M2 should be here around October.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:38 AM

BMW has reduced their maintenance coverage to 3 years starting with the 2017's. Still better than just about anyone else. My only issue is if you want maintenance performed before the "computer" calls for it you will pay. Fortunate for Serge as I understand all 500 of the GTS's are 2016's.

Last edited by Still-One; 08-21-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
My feelings, either will be nice. The Allroad is to be delivered on the new A4 platform so it may be a little more competitive on the sporting front than the current version, which we both agreed was a less entertaining drive than the 328ix in current forms. Sporting counts, which is why a wagon is desired over a crossover.