AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > B&W Speakers

B&W Speakers Bowers & Wilkins Greatest

Old 12-20-2011, 01:52 PM
I don't know a thing!

Default Still loving the 800D's

Hey guys... I have been away for awhile busy with other hobbies, work and life in general. But now I have moved and settled in I got to set up my system in a new space. It re-sparks my interest because I have new obstacles to tackle instead of just sitting back and listening. It is funny how you fight and fight for a goal and once it is reached... "now what?". Anyway, I will be hanging around and getting some great ideas from you guys again . Here is where I am so far...

Krell EVO 707, Krell EVO 600(3), B&W 800D, B&W HTM1D, Submersive F2(4), SOtM tX-USBexp>>Berkeley Alpha USB>>Berkeley Alpha DAC2, PsAudio PPP, PsAudio Soloist Premier SE..Nordost(CAST), Cardas clear, Shunyata, Billy Bags, Symposium, GIK acoustics\IEM:Westone ES5, Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo, RSA SR-71B, Toxic Cables

Last edited by Masterlu; 11-29-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:32 PM

Welcome back, Lou. I don't know what your room looked like before, but it looks great now! Those 800's are really sweet. What more are you wanting to do with the room, or I guess I should say, what don't you feel is working for you yet?
Old 12-20-2011, 02:39 PM

Lou...

Those 800D's are solid... beautiful... looking great so far... have fun with the new space.

Jimmy
BEDROOM: Naim Uniti Atom, Nordost Cables, Harbeth P3ESR
Old 12-20-2011, 02:48 PM

Since we have pretty similar systems I would say the couple of things that will make a big improvement are grabbing some of the Ivan/Sound Anchor F113 stands...your bass will tighten up dramatically! As well as moving your HTM1D up...though that will be a pain in the butt since your TV would have to move up a bit too. I had a stand built that raised mine up about 4 inches and it really strengthened the front end for movies and 5.1 music...though it would be a hassle for you to do. Otherwise, great setup!! Enjoy!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:53 PM
I don't know a thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerman View Post
Welcome back, Lou. I don't know what your room looked like before, but it looks great now! Those 800's are really sweet. What more are you wanting to do with the room, or I guess I should say, what don't you feel is working for you yet?
Thank You... I need to get some dedicated lines for the system, there are too many reassessed flood lights on the lines there now. I need to treat the room better, it is good now but it can be great. Considering taking the EVO600 from under the TV and displaying it to the left of the left main, but I am on the fence with that one. I also need to run some cat6 and get the raid in the computer room so I don't have to hear it and I can download some new files without having to physically take it in the other room to do it.

Krell EVO 707, Krell EVO 600(3), B&W 800D, B&W HTM1D, Submersive F2(4), SOtM tX-USBexp>>Berkeley Alpha USB>>Berkeley Alpha DAC2, PsAudio PPP, PsAudio Soloist Premier SE..Nordost(CAST), Cardas clear, Shunyata, Billy Bags, Symposium, GIK acoustics\IEM:Westone ES5, Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo, RSA SR-71B, Toxic Cables
Old 12-20-2011, 03:04 PM
I don't know a thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahunacanuck View Post
Since we have pretty similar systems I would say the couple of things that will make a big improvement are grabbing some of the Ivan/Sound Anchor F stands...your bass will tighten up dramatically! As well as moving your HTML up...though that will be a pain in the butt since your TV would have to move up a bit too. I had a stand built that raised mine up about 4 inches and it really strengthened the front end for movies and 5.1 music...though it would be a hassle for you to do. Otherwise, great setup!! Enjoy!
I would love to get the tweeters closer in line by raising the D, I am on the fence about going to a projector but that would allow me to that. I am considering another billybags stand for the amp and the SA stands for the F113's. I will also probably need to get another pair of F113's or upgrade the two to F213's . I do have the space for an ED A7-900, but what are the chances it would blend with the JL's.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:05 PM

I always think keeping the same brand/models makes the most sense...my vote is for the F213s! You can then move the F113s to the rear...good luck!
Old 12-21-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omerta View Post
Hey guys... I have been away for awhile busy with other hobbies, work and life in general. But now I have moved and settled in I got to set up my system in a new space. It re-sparks my interest because I have new obstacles to tackle instead of just sitting back and listening. It is funny how you fight and fight for a goal and once it is reached... "now what?". Anyway, I will be hanging around and getting some great ideas from you guys again . Here is where I am so far...

Great looking setup, always nice to see a 800D/HTM1D front speaker array. What speakers are you using for your surrounds, they don't look like B&W from what I can see of them in the picture?
Old 12-21-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omerta View Post

Looks like a FUN room! Enjoy!
Old 12-21-2011, 02:45 PM
I don't know a thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
Great looking setup, always nice to see a 800D/HTM1D front speaker array. What speakers are you using for your surrounds, they don't look like B&W from what I can see of them in the picture?
The surrounds and rears are onix rocket rs760. The Internet company has gone out of business due to some shady business practices. It is a shame because they made a very good looking and decent sounding speaker for a very reasonable price. I have always had plans to upgrade the surrounds and rears to 803D's but then I would go crazy with needing EVO power and would end up dropping big bucks on surround duty that is not really drawing any negative attention to it self the way it is ..... my next move will be a few more traps and I am researching ideas to treat some of the ceiling. Equipment wise I would think another pair of F113's are on the top of the list. I just want to get some significant seat time in before making another move, to get a good feel for what I have now in the new room.