AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aurender

Aurender Reference Music Servers

Old 03-30-2017, 11:20 AM

Hi Dan.
Any news on your N10?
Do you already have listened it through USB?
Old 03-30-2017, 11:44 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Nacho.......My Aurender N10 thrills me beyond belief every day. Yes, I have both the USB output and the coaxial output from the N10 connected to the DAC inputs on my Esoteric K-01X. In a word it is PHENOMENAL.

The USB signal sounds very good from the N10 but my preference is for the SPDIF coaxial output from the N10. It is supported by the incredible clock accuracy of the Aurender's oven controlled crystal oscillator. As good as the K-01X clock is, the N10 clock is superior and I want to take full advantage of it. Of course if I wish to listen to DSD files then I have to use the USB output to the K-01X, but at the moment all of my DSD listening is from SACD's, which by the way sound amazing in the K-01x transport.

I could not be happier with the Aurender N10. There hasn't been a single moment's regret with the purchase. It is an astonishing caching music server. Love the Aurender Conductor app, too. I can easily recommend the Aurender N10 to anyone interested in a premium purpose designed music server that performs at the leading edge of today's technology.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 03-30-2017, 03:06 PM

Thank's very much Dan.
I'm glad to know that the N10 is working more than successfully !!!
Yes, i know your prefered output is spdif to take advantadge of the N10's internal clock.
But, what differences do you listen between spdif vs usb output?
I'm very interested on this aspect because i'm considering the N10 vs W20 purchase including other brands as SGM, Lampi Superkomputer, etc...

Last edited by Nacho; 03-30-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:07 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Natcho.......This is an excerpt from my Aurender N10 review at post #1 in this thread.

I performed another comparison with the 24/192 file of Norah Jones. I wanted to compare the SPDIF coaxial output on the N10 to its USB output. I connected both output configurations from the N10 to the K-03 DAC. Switching between the N10’s coaxial and USB outputs on the K-03 DAC confirmed there is very little difference in the sound, although I did detect what I sensed was a minuscule softening of the midrange from the USB output. It was so minor that I had to intently focus on Norah’s voice when comparing the USB to coaxial outputs, and even then it was difficult to put my finger on the actual difference. It may have even been a placebo effect due to my preference for the coaxial output. Both outputs sound exceptional. The N10 had no issues synchronizing with the Esoteric’s USB normal (NOR), USB high speed (HS_1), and USB asynchronous (HS_2) settings.

That about sums up my impression of the N10's USB output compared to the coaxial output. Both sound excellent. If my intent were not to use the superior clock in the Aurender N10 for its SPDIF digital outputs, I would not have any issue with using the USB output which is high caliber isolated audio grade USB 2.0. I don't think you can go wrong with either output.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 04-04-2017, 04:20 PM

Default Another N10 fan

Got an N10 about 6 weeks ago and I concur with Dan's and others' experience. Couldn't be happier after about 750 hours of play time.

In fact, I'm not getting enough sleep these days because I sit and listen to music far too late into the night. Not a bad problem to have as it's all about enjoying the music.

In my system, the coax spdif sounds best with the XLR being a very close second and the USB being a distant 3rd. YMMV.

Also, thanks to all of you who contributed to this thread...very educational. Your experiences were a significant factor in me choosing the N10 over other offerings.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:59 PM
Merry Christmas to all

medwardo.......You made an excellent choice with the Aurender N10. It is an exceptionally well developed and matured caching music server with an intuitive and responsive control app. The Aurender N10 is a perfect example of the superior performance achievable when engineering minds set about designing and manufacturing a purpose built component from the ground up with every aspect of its internal parts carefully optimized for the task. Like you, I have difficulty turning off my sound system in the wee hours of the night. The Aurender N10 is that good.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Natcho.......This is an excerpt from my Aurender N10 review at post #1 in this thread. I performed another comparison with the 24/192 file of Norah Jones. I wanted to compare the SPDIF coaxial output on the N10 to its USB output. I connected both output configurations from the N10 to the K-03 DAC. Switching between the N10’s coaxial and USB outputs on the K-03 DAC confirmed there is very little difference in the sound, although I did detect what I sensed was a minuscule softening of the midrange from the USB output. It was so minor that I had to intently focus on Norah’s voice when comparing the USB to coaxial outputs, and even then it was difficult to put my finger on the actual difference. It may have even been a placebo effect due to my preference for the coaxial output. Both outputs sound exceptional. The N10 had no issues synchronizing with the Esoteric’s USB normal (NOR), USB high speed (HS_1), and USB asynchronous (HS_2) settings. That about sums up my impression of the N10's USB output compared to the coaxial output. Both sound excellent. If my intent were not to use the superior clock in the Aurender N10 for its SPDIF digital outputs, I would not have any issue with using the USB output which is high caliber isolated audio grade USB 2.0. I don't think you can go wrong with either output.
Hi Dan.
Thank you !!!
Old 04-06-2017, 09:14 AM

Aurender has a new update it puts MQA on the individual Masters albums and also brings Internet Radio to the USA. Pretty cool
Old 04-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottikid View Post
Aurender has a new update it puts MQA on the individual Masters albums and also brings Internet Radio to the USA. Pretty cool
Jim.......Thanks for the heads up. Aurender's website shows the new update was made available yesterday (April 5, 2017).

v4 (5).9.3 / App 2.8.1

Old 04-06-2017, 12:28 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Jim.......Just completed the system software upgrade on my Aurender N10 to v:4.9.39 without any issues. I now have the Masters tab when streaming Tidal and I see my Esoteric K-01X display show 48kHz on many of the Masters titles. I assume this means I am getting the first unfolding level via software for MQA recordings. So far so good. I'll have to spend some time comparing the MQA playback quality to the same CD and high-res recordings I have.

I haven't figured out the Internet radio function yet. I don't see any buttons that direct me to it on the app. Other than that, the latest update to the Aurender Conductor app is working flawlessly.

Last edited by jdandy; 04-06-2017 at 04:37 PM.