AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 04-18-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaracer1 View Post
I am sorry to say I have had negative experience with Best Buy with a brand new Samsung Appliance. The worst part was the managers never took a consistent stand. In the end I had to involve Samsung.They helped me get a replacement.
I have dealt with AClassics and it's been perfect and stress free.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:11 AM

I will allow Magnolia some time to handle this warranty issue - I just don't understand the 'approval' process for a piece under warranty. At no time did McIntosh offer to send me a packing slip to ship the unit to them. When I checked with FedEx and UPS for cost the size/weight was a problem. A freight company quoted me $$$$ to ship - I know, I should expect these thing when buying this type of equipment but I don't expect it to fail just after one year. I have a hard time excepting the cost to me to have a warrantied item repaired could be in excess of $600. I currently have in excess of $40K of McIntosh equipment, so I feel I am a loyal customer. To have the MAC6700, still under warranty, repaired at no expense to me is not asking too much, at least that is my opinion. I will be a patient customer and see what transpires. Thank you all for your comments and listening to my 'beef'.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miner View Post
have the MAC6700, still under warranty, repaired at no expense to me is not asking too much, at least that is my opinion.
I think that is not too much at all. That is actually a minimal expectation in my view. First of all a piece of equipment like this should not have a problem for many many years, and certainly not in a years time.

I also realize that sometimes things happen, but it should be very rare. I expect on these rare occasion that the manufacture should go out of their way to take care of the customer.

I certainly do not think that the customer should be made to jump through hoops. By making the customer go out of their way at all makes me think that they are dealing with far too many problems and are sick of dealing with issues. Very bad taste indeed....
Old 04-19-2017, 12:37 PM

When a car is under factory warranty, it is generally not necessary that it be returned to the actual selling dealership in order to obtain warranty performance.

At McIntosh prices, the McIntosh customer deserves the same consideration - in my humble opinion, FWIW.

Last edited by 62caddy; 04-19-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:42 PM

^^^

Old 04-19-2017, 01:44 PM

Exactly.... +1
Old 04-19-2017, 02:07 PM

The right way to handle the situation should be the factory sending a replacement unit to the McIntosh dealer of the customer's choosing to be exchanged with the defective unit, thus minimizing the customer's inconvenience and the dealer's involvement (other than repacking the defective unit for a safe return flight to Binghamton).

That's the way Gordon Gow would've done it, no questions asked. He understood well the importance of customer satisfaction, who would move heaven and earth to make sure it happened.

There is only one boss - the customer - and he can fire every one from the Chairman on down, simply by spending his money elsewhere.

- James Cash (JC) Penney
Old 04-19-2017, 02:35 PM

I totally agree, and that is exactly how McIntosh took care of their customers back when I grew up in Binghamton. There would be hell to pay if a customer ever had to deal with this.

And honestly, even if they have not lost miner as a customer they have lost at the very least me, and probably others who have read what he has gone though on a one year old receiver... one of the most expensive receivers on the market I might add.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:56 AM

Get this, after two weeks in Magnolia's store, still sitting in the box, I am now told they can't help me. I am so damn mad now. Now I am about to make me a direct call to McIntosh. This is completely unacceptable.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:06 PM

Simply insane. There are McIntosh employees in this forum. I cannot believe that none have jumped in to take care of miner yet. wow... I am so sorry you are going through this.