AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 04-13-2017, 11:03 AM

Has anyone done a sw update on their equipment? If so, difficulty factor please.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:18 PM

What is the place where we can download this sw update? I don't see anything in the download list for the MAC6700 excepted USB program.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:55 AM

I suggest calling Chuck Hinton at McIntosh or emailing him:

chinton@mcintoshlabs.com
Old 04-17-2017, 11:22 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Kevin.......What's happening with your MAC6700? It seems like it is taking more time than necessary for a simple firmware update.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 04-18-2017, 01:09 PM

Well, Dan, I was wondering the same thing. I had dropped unit off at Magnolia 10 days ago. Finally got a call back last Saturday (after 4 attempts to reach the Mgr.) from the store manager stating that since I did not buy the unit from them he had to get an approval from District Mgr. to send the unit in for repair. I mentioned my conversation with Mc about a possible firmware update and was told they will not do that onsite and will get sent off to their Mc approved repair person to handle. I mentioned that Mc could walk him through downloading the firmware update and he said I could come get the unit and do it myself, which I replied I am Mac-based at home, no PC. So far I am not impressed with Magnolia's CS - or lack of I should say. When I told Chuck Hinton my selling dealer is no long a Mc dealer he said Magnolia would handle it well - boy was I misled. I asked Mc to call Magnolia to speak to the mgr to speed things up but they denied. Looks like I am stuck in the black hole of Corp hand-offs.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:55 PM

I bet you Audio Classics will find a way to help you out. If your shipping it any ways why not shop it to them and let them tune up your unit and the nominal fee for service and the shipping cost will most likely be worth the headache and heartache your suffering right now, you know?
Old 04-18-2017, 02:31 PM

I am sorry, but this is absolutely disgusting that a customer is being put through this run around and going without his expensive piece of equipment that is barely over a year old. And then if he has to pay for shipping, which will not be cheap for a unit of this weight.

Bottom line... it is not his fault that the dealer he bought it from is no longer a McIntosh dealer. Mc should have stepped up to the plate and taken care of him the first day he called... PERIOD....

Unfortunately, this type of service will make me think twice about purchasing additional McIntosh gear. Shame on you McIntosh.... That is my feelings reading everything this paying customer has gone through... terrible, just terrible.

Ps.... I have been thinking seriously about purchasing a McIntosh amplifier within a couple months, but I do not think I will reading this and other threads about how customers are getting treated. Sure they are doing everything they are "required" to do. But, when I buy a piece of equipment for several thousand dollars I EXPECT the company to go out of their way to resolve any issue that may arise. Sure they may think it is just a software issue, but the bottom line is a customer cannot use the gear he probably paid $6500 for.

Last edited by Randy Myers; 04-18-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Kevin.......I would give Magnolia some more time to get your MAC6700 to their authorized repair person. By the time you go get it, ship it to McIntosh, wait in the repair queue to get to your MAC6700, it will probably be 30 to 45 days. Hopefully Magnolia can take care of this issue in much less time. Give them the opportunity to correct the problem.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 04-18-2017, 02:56 PM

Best Buy (aka Magnolia) do not go out of their way to assist a customer unless you have purchased the item from them, AND bought their extended warranty.

I had a Surface go bad that I bought from Best Buy. They refused to do anything, saying to call Microsoft, because I had not bought their extended service plan. This was a unit under warranty.

When I asked the manager why I should buy from them in the future instead of online his answer was because we give you service.... I looked at him and asked, "did you really just actually say that?" WOW.... I called Microsoft and they over night expressed a brand new Surface to me and asked me to put my defective unit in the pre-paid box they sent and send it back.

That is the difference with an organization taking care of paying customers and ones that do not... and I have never bought another piece of equipment from Best Buy... because of their, as their manager said, "service". I have, however, bought two more Surfaces, of course neither from Best Buy.

Last edited by Randy Myers; 04-18-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:07 PM

I am sorry to say I have had negative experience with Best Buy with a brand new Samsung Appliance. The worst part was the managers never took a consistent stand. In the end I had to involve Samsung.They helped me get a replacement.