Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Automobiles

Automobiles Need for Speed

Old 12-07-2017, 08:46 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
now you're talkin' ..............

https://www.google.com/search?q=69+p...EMj36EKz1ecwM:

and with that being said and to let you know I DO like modern muscle but also love 'back in the day' , my 1970 T/A, long gone but not forgotten ! ...
Hey Dave,

Exactly buddy ...........

That's back in my early youthful years.

Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 12-07-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post

That's back in my early youthful years.

Terry
mine too Terry, it's Sept 1974 and that 21 year old 'skinny' runt is yours truly.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
mine too Terry, it's Sept 1974 and that 21 year old 'skinny' runt is yours truly.
Dave,

Well back then this fellow was a Skinny guy also.

I guess I'm still holding my own as I weigh around 175 Lbs and 6' 1" tall.

Off to bed as 4 am is coming early for sure.

Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 12-07-2017, 10:14 PM

My cousin had me drive his to the barn to pick something up when I was 13. Scared me to death (as I had pretty much driven tractors before). Congrats - enjoy it like you were 13.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:55 PM

Congratulations !! Awesome Ride
Old 12-10-2017, 04:26 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdcuba View Post
My cousin had me drive his to the barn to pick something up when I was 13. Scared me to death (as I had pretty much driven tractors before). Congrats - enjoy it like you were 13.
I read you my older brother had me drive his Mercury back in the early 60's I think it was.
I was like so Nervous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
Congratulations !! Awesome Ride
Appreciate it.

Terry

Old 12-10-2017, 04:27 PM

Post The trip to pick-up the new Yellow Jacket Challenger Hellcat ...

Hello Hellcat people,

This will be my lengthy post on going to pick-up my new 2017 Yellow Jacket, A8, Sunroof Challenger Hellcat.
I hope you guys like pictures.
I'm a fellow that thinks pictures add so much to text that I try my best to use them in telling a story.
Also as some of you have probably already gathered I am a wordy sort of fellow.
Being Retired and 70 yrs. old I have the time to be specific and tell a complete story as this one will be.

So, sit back, relax, and hopefully enjoy my Full-Complete story on going & picking up & bringing home my Hellcat.

I'm going to keep this hopefully only about the above as I have already described in great detail the purchase of it above.

Cathy (Wife) and I discussed what was going to be the best way to get it back here as the weather up North in Columbus, Ohio was going to be changing.
And NOT for the better that's for sure.
I checked with Bob Caldwell to see who they used to transport cars.
They gave me two names and I contacted both carriers.
I'm not going to get into my discussions with them I'll make this to the point of why I didn't use either.
Turns out when you add the $70K to completely cover the Hellcat if it was Totaled the cost was $1K dollars.
The one carrier that had the highest rating !!!
But, as I talked to them and finally asked what exactly is it going to be transported in ???
It was an open car carrier not enclosed !!!
The other carrier I found out as I checked customer reviews was SHAKY for sure so they were definitely out.
Okay, bottom-line after checking a 1-way flight with American Airlines for like $290.00 dollars.
I was done with the having it delivered as I was and still am Paranoid about the driver possibly "Bouncing" it loading it or unloading it off the ramps.
And if that did take place and Torn-Up the Low-Front-Spoiler I would have a New Damaged Hellcat !!!
(Keep in mind I worked for New Car Dealers for over 20 yrs and have actually checked in New Cars off the Carriers.
Some drivers do care and do watch carefully what they are doing and others honestly could care less).

So, moving on I made the decision to fly and that was the smarter decision in my situation.
Two reasons I based that on, possible damage with carrier & if I picked it up could Break-it-in.

As I sit here thinking about how to do this post I have decided to do the complete story then do the pictures below it.
That way I think it will be much-much easier to follow the events as they took place.

Going to the Nashville International Airport.
We go to bed really early and in my case I actually took two (2) (Melatonin) tablets to assist me sleeping.
(Could Not Turn-Off-the-Brain)
We got up before 4 am to be at the airport by 5 am.
Turned out there was like no traffic so got there in plenty of time.
I had already went on line and printed my Boarding Passes for Both flights.
The 1st flight went right as scheduled and was smooth.
However got to Charlotte, NC and find out that connecting flight had mechanical issues that was coming to get us.
So 1-1 1/2 hrs later it gets to the airport and we board.
That actually was only like I think less than an hour.
Went A-OK ..........
CJ (Salesman) was already at the airport waiting for me in his Jaguar. LOL !!!
(That's right not a Chrysler a Jaguar)
So meet up with him, jump in and off we go to Bob Caldwell Chrysler.
Maybe like a 30-minute drive or less.
Super nice fellow for sure and he had taken care of Business already for the things I had asked.

Arrive now at the Dealership.
He parks his Jaguar and I step into the showroom and wait for him to return.
He says, let's go let you see your Hellcat and then you can go to the F&I Mgr for completing the paperwork.
Guys/Gals CJ says I'm taking you through like 5-buildings but we will be inside where it's warmer.
So we do our long walk and get to the last bldg and that was where the Detail Area was.
He opens that door as that's where the Hellcat was when he left to come get me and guess what ???
No Yellow Jacket Challenger Hellcat ..........
The detail guy says to CJ, I moved right through that door (Outside-Door) so it would be ready to go.
CJ opens the outside door and there in the BRIGHT Sunlight is this "BRILLIANT" Yellow totally Detailed Hellcat.
It was so Utterly Striking I just was like in total AWE !!!
I'm serious people the Hellcat in that Yellow Jacket color and Black wheels was just Bitching !!!
I was like a kid getting his 1st New Schwinn Bicycle .....
CJ says jump in Terry and lets take it up front for pictures.
I'm in and touch the Start-Btn (Yes I knew where that was) and up front i drive (Carefully) through the back crowded parking lots.
We get up Front and believe it or not there sat a parking place in Front of the Dealership right on the End.
I back it in and CJ takes me to see the F&I Mgr (Tom) a super nice guy been in the business for over 20-yrs.
Since I had been E-Mailing, Faxing paperwork already he had things ready to print for the final contract.
Tom does say to me, Terry it makes no difference to me but with your Credit-Score Bank-of-America has PRE-Approved you for 72-Months.
And it drops your overall interest rate another 0.1% and drops your pmt. per month an additional $100.00 Dollars.
AS you know Bank-of-America has no Pre-Payment Penalties so it's up to you and it's not like you'll ever be Up-Side down on it's Net-Worth. LOL !!!
I said make it happen so this really turned out nicely as now the pmt was mid $550.00 at 2.56%.
IMHO not too Shabby guys for a New 2017 $70K Hellcat .........

So now CJ is waiting in his cubicle to load me and the Hellcat into the Chrysler System as it's official owner.
We go outside with a young lady for the final-Pictures and then I'm off to Franklin, TN.
CJ says, Terry thank-you and as you pull out turn to your right and the Navigation will then take you home.

The 400 Plus Mile Trip Home,
Well I had been trying to think how in the world am I going to follow Chrysler's outline on Breaking in this Hellcat.
Knowing I had not a clue as to where I was so there was No-Way I was going to find a 2-lane roads back.
Not a big traveler, guys ...........
Thank goodness for Modern Navigation is all I can say or I might have ended up in NYC. LOL !!!
Well I was driving along at a whopping 45-50-55-60 MPH in the Slow-Right-Hand-Lane.
All of a sudden and this was really quick as I got on the interstate a Semi Tractor-Trailer Truck.
I simply got close, not to close, but close enough that I could easily just follow it at a Safe Distance.
(Meaning ^^^ No-Rocks, Debris etc would NOT be Hitting the front of the New Yellow Hellcat.)
Anyone coming from behind could easily see the Giant Semi right in Front of me so No-One was on my butt ever.
They all simply moved to the Left-Fast-Lane and passed, even the much Faster Semis.
Talk about lucking out and I'll explain why as I continue this drive back.
The Semi in front of me is driving up grades from 40's to 45 MPH according to how steep the grades were.
Down the grades same thing like maybe low 50's MPH.
Then on the flatter areas it would be going a whopping 60 MPH.
So, I got exactly what Chrysler wanted as I would NOT be exceeding the 60 MPH and would constantly be varying the 60 MPH down to the low 40's and back to the 60's.
Now, rest of that story, that Semi turned off and I looked over and it was a PRIME Truck.
Well that explained everything then as a Very-Very-Close buddy of mine some years back drove for Prime Inc.
And I use to ride with him on a weekly basis according to where he was going.
His Prime Semi went a Whopping 61 MPG on flat ground using the cruise-control with a gross weight of I think 80K Lbs. Loaded.
I then picked up another Semi a little faster but not flying that's for sure and continued to do that as I continued south.
Finally I looked at the Odometer and it read 300 Miles ..........
I then varied the speed between say 60-65-70 MPH and that was really easy to do following the Semis.

I'm thinking what else to say ................
What do I think about the Hellcat ???
I really like the Displays in it.
Luv the Navigation !!!
The interior to me is A-OK no complaints from me.
Mine is Black inside.
I can't really comment on anything about the POWER level other than the 1-time I'll describe below.

Speaking of how it runs ???????
I can tell a Semi-Quick story of the ONLY time I actually pushed the gas pedal down Semi-Aggressive.
On the way back home I got off the interstate to go to McDonald's for a Fish Filet sandwich.
(Had NOT Eaten or Drank since the Day Before)
As I get off the ramp and turn to the left I'm in the right turn lane and keep looking for the darn McDonald's Signage or Facility.
My sight was Blocked with Semi Tractor Trailer Trucks so couldn't see crap.
Well as it turned out I was in the right turn lane and needed in the left lane and had very little room to get my butt over.
(I mean Very-Little-Room)
Then there was a break as I looked between the Semi's to my left is McDonald's and the Semi to my left thank goodness has enough space for me to get over if I'm QUICK.
Keep in mind I have been driving to Break In the Hellcat at a whopping maximum of 60 MPH on level ground following Semi's.
(I have Not-A-Clue as to it's real POWER)
So, I hit or push the gas pedal pretty darn aggressive as I'm rolling so I could get in the left lane and not Pi$$ off the Semi Driver.
The Hellcat goes Crazy and BREAKS the Rear-Tires-Loose instantly and the Engine, S/C, and Exhaust all are doing their thing !!!
I'm over in a FLASH and in the Left Turn Lanes to get over to McDonald's.
Semi Driver did NOT blow his horns and all was A-OK but it DAMN sure Woke My Butt Up buddy.

Oh here is something I found out that definitely was surprised about.
As I stopped a few times for my McDonald's runs.
I get back in and pull out on the interstate and I notice the Steering wheel is Heated as well as my Driver's seat.
I look at the outside temperature and it is low 20's.
So, dummy me is thinking this thing knows what the outside temperature is and it's automatically turning these two things on.
Well, guys, I come to find out from Mike on here that No-Terry, it's not doing that on it's own. LOL !!!
The dealership being up North set those things and when the Climate Control is set to Automatic it then remembers to activate those settings.
That's pretty darn cool I think and I had to Laugh at myself once Mike explained what was really going on.
I thought man this Hellcat is Smart ..........

Oh, the ride coming back was smooth.
I have not a clue as to what settings were on it.
I did not have the time to let CJ explain anything to me about it.
I was three (3) hrs. late for leaving to come home so bare minimum of time at the dealership.
And since I've never been in a Challenger/Hellcat I don't even know how to see what setting are right now on it.

Okay time for the pictures I took and there are lots of them for you that enjoy seeing pictures.
I personally always luv seeing the pictures guys take.

I'll post comments above each picture if I think it really needs explanation !!!

Me doing the Airports & Flying thing,

Just arrived at Bob Caldwell Chrysler,

CJ with his Jaguar ... LOL !!!

Pictures of CJ and Me before I leave,

The Young-Lady and CJ she helped taking the pictures,

Pictures below I'm sure are NOT-in-the-Proper-Order !!!

Guys I fell in Luv with the Navigation,

These are just to Show the Mileage and my Whopping Speeds I'm driving plus Fuel Left,

On the way from Cincinnati, OH. to Louisville, KY. we came to a Complete STOP.
That lasted for over an Hour.

So we finally got moving and I as usual was in the Right-Slow-Lane.
I decided to take a picture of the, Side-Warning-Triangle-Yellow indicator.
I luv it !!!

My Stop for food as I had NOT eaten at all from the day before,
As the pictures show this is why I don't have Door-Dings.
I tell a passenger if you are not healthy and can't walk take your car.

Yes I ate in my Brand-New-Yellow Jacket Hellcat as I wanted to enjoy looking at it inside.
Plus it's NOT a Museum piece it's a Hellcat to be Driven & Enjoyed,

It got Dark and I just happened to remember reading about this Feature,

And lastly it's home and those pictures,

Cathy's new 2017 VW Golf R on the left she love's it,

These next few pictures I took the next morning.
I was in a pair of shorts, no socks, slip on shoes, No Tee-Shirt.
Now guys this is a True Honest to Goodness, Gear-Head or what us Old Guys call, Muscle-Car-Guy,

Hope you enjoyed the above write-up and pictures guys,
Terry

Old 12-10-2017, 05:15 PM
Life is beautiful

Terry, you look really happy!
Congrats and enjoy for the next 10 years!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 12-10-2017, 05:51 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Congrats, Terry! That is one SWEET ride.
Old 12-10-2017, 06:48 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Terry, you look really happy!
Congrats and enjoy for the next 10 years!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessman View Post
Congrats, Terry! That is one SWEET ride.
Thanks guys I'll try my best to Enjoy this New Machine I promise you.

Terry