AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Audio Discussion

General Audio Discussion All other Audio Q & A

Old 03-30-2019, 03:55 PM

Default What are your audio plans for 2019??

[QUOTE=decooney;954689]Interesting. I'd like to follow along with your trial period and progress if you don't mind. Spent the past few months browsing the PSA BHK amps and just today was reviewing a locals guy who went from a Mc 452 to 601s.

BHK 300s arrived a few weeks ago. Unfortunately one was DOA. Went back same day and I just received it back in working order three days ago. Have had several issues now with PS Audio products. That's troubling.

Break-in in progress. Initial impressions are very, very good. Very competitive with the ARC 250 SE pair I had on loan for a week last year. I will report full findings after they are thoroughly broken in.

Last edited by LovingMusic; 04-24-2019 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingMusic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by decooney View Post
Interesting. I'd like to follow along with your trial period and progress if you don't mind. Spent the past few months browsing the PSA BHK amps and just today was reviewing a locals guy who went from a Mc 452 to 601s.

BHK 300s arrived a few weeks ago. Unfortunately one was DOA. Went back same day and I just received it back in working order three days ago. Have had several issues now with PS Audio products. That's troubling.

Break-in in progress. Initial impressions are very, very good. No question that in my system they are superior to the 601s in pretty much every way. Very competitive with the ARC 250 SE pair I had on loan for a week last year. I will report full findings after they are thoroughly broken in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LovingMusic,
Thanks for the update on the BHKs. Sold my prior tube amp, and truly came close on a bhk250 myself. Seems like you got it sorted out on your end. That's great. Enjoy.

As for updates on this side, my simpleton brain couldn't stray too far, ended up with a pair of monos myself - the kind with "glass bottles" as my sister likes to call it.

Looks like these are part of my audio plans for 2019, we'll see how it goes after some break-in time. Update here...https://www.audioaficionado.org/show...699#post960699
Old 06-17-2019, 02:29 PM

6 months into 2019 and I am sticking to my plan of $0 expenditures on audio.

$0 spent so far, satisfaction derived from an existing system still 100% Hmm... Now there is a new concept and I like it!
Old 06-17-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post

$0 spent so far, satisfaction derived from an existing system still 100% Hmm... Now there is a new concept and I like it!
I think that will be my plan for 2020. I just have to make sure I finish out my system before the end of the year

Headphone rig: Gustard X16, Topping A90, Hifiman HE6se, Audeze LCD2
2-Channel setup: Okto Research DAC8 Stereo, Bryston 4Bł, Philharmonic Audio BMR Towers, Dual PSA S152 subs
Old 06-17-2019, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVass13 View Post
I think that will be my plan for 2020. I just have to make sure I finish out my system before the end of the year
Good luck and happy listening.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:31 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post

Jeez Serge, that’s impressive! Stick to your guns! I’m hoping for the same thing, but we’ll see.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 06-18-2019, 12:43 AM

I have been making small changes to my set-up this year.
-Updated by AES/EBU cables from the Upsampler to DAC.
-Tried the GigaFoil, Keces LPS and AQ cable but ran into some issues so I returned them.
-Updated my network with a opticalModule, LPS and optical cable.
-In the queue to have my Momentum pre-amp upgraded to the new HD level.

Not sure what else I might end up doing.

Last edited by Still-One; 06-18-2019 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-18-2019, 01:04 AM
Racing Hoopties

Default What are your audio plans for 2019??

Well six months into my ‘no plan’ year, I have purchased a Shunyata Alpha Clock 75 BNC and Alpha USB. A Gigafoil v4, Keces P3, Revelation Audio 0.65 meters, 9 meters Supra Cat 8+ Ethernet cables and lastly a Ghent cable to connect my Keces to my Gigafoil.

Seriously considering an Ethernet switch that can be ‘clocked’ by my Cybershaft which will require another $1,000 BNC cable.

I have officially gone mad!
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack

Last edited by crwilli; 06-18-2019 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:22 AM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
I have been making small changes to my set-up this year.
-Updated by AES/EBU cables from the Upsampler to DAC.
-Tried the GigaFoil, Keces LPS and AQ cable but ran into some issues so I returned them. -Updated my network with a opticalModule, LPS and optical cable.
-In the queue to have my Momentum pre-amp upgraded to the new HD level.

Not sure what else I might end up doing.
Jim - Have you heard or read any feedback on the Momentum HD upgrade and how it affects the sound? I’d like to look into this as well but curious as to what to expect.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 06-18-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Jim - Have you heard or read any feedback on the Momentum HD upgrade and how it affects the sound? I’d like to look into this as well but curious as to what to expect.

- Buck
Buck
Even though I had made my deposit to get on the list for the upgrade I was a bit lukewarm on the whole idea. That was until I had a nice discussion with Dan D'Agostino at a Paragon event last month. His enthusiasm for the improvements with the HD upgrade have me fired up to get a updated unit in my system. As he develops new product like the Relentless amps and forthcoming Relentless Pre-amp Dan wants to retro-fit some of those ideas into the Momentum line where possible. Until I get it in my set-up I won't be able to really understand the impact.