AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Magico

Magico Extreme Fidelity

Old 06-10-2014, 12:54 AM

And that post didn't delete itself.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:03 AM

Strange, I was reading a post and backtracked to a previous post and then tried to come back to the post I was reading and it was gone. Vanished. Like magic in a Migico thread. Very weird.

Shindo D'Yquems
Shindo Vosne Romanee
Devore 0/96
Luxman PD-171
Dynavector xx2 MkII
Luxman DA-06
Mac Mini
Magnum Dynalab MD 107t
Shindo and A23 Cables
Old 06-10-2014, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLG4EVR View Post
Strange, I was reading a post and backtracked to a previous post and then tried to come back to the post I was reading and it was gone. Vanished. Like magic in a Migico thread. Very weird.
same here. Saw a post from Rlacoste answering Dan (and criticizing his lack of impartiality as a moderator), 2min later it was gone. Maybe because his style was too aggressive, maybe because he had a point.... Strange!
Anyway, don't like the evolution of this thread- let's not forget that AA is a friendly forum, that's what makes it more enjoyable than some others!
Old 06-10-2014, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev313 View Post
First of all, the quote attributed to Alon seems too much like ad copy to have been actual dialogue. Secondly, at $185,000 for speakers, I do not expect sealant to leak and, if it did, Magico USA should send the dealer running... No ... RUNNING out there to clean it up himself with an explanation, assurances that it will not happen again, and an apology. And a box of doughnuts.
I am not taping my conversations with Magico. The quote is how I recall what he said, not word for word (keep in mind that English is not my native language). If you don't want to believe me, your problem. I am just an happy customer, and so far I am the only one who took the time to get the other side of the story.

Shit happens, even if it is never a normal situation - I have bought enough sport cars to know that recalls happen much more often than we want. The key is how a manufacturer deals with it.

The only point I was emphasizing is that I have learned to take with a grain of salt any online story where the typical situation is person X says "I talked with Y who told me that Z said this". From experience, I have learned that there are as many chances that X is right as that X is lying or Y is lying.
That's why I dislike reading posters looking for a lynch in the court of public opinion. And I find it even more disturbing when a moderator is taking part. They should know better.

Bottom line, I hope that Toga will contact Magico directly, discuss his problem and get his speakers back as new - with the well deserved doughnuts!
hoping to hear back from Toga soon with some good news.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:10 AM

Jazzman (sorry I don't know your name), Toga is very happy with his Q7 and he was a cheerleader for the brand. Having met with him and discussed about his system, he held Magico very highly among the speakers he's owned. He's clearly not the kind to cheat and lie. We also went to several dealers and they all knew him and were very friendly with him.

Obviously, we weren't in the discussion between Magico, the dealer and Toga so we have to rely on word to mouth. That said, I don't think Magico would tell you that they told a customer to delete a thread or anything like that. And I'm sure, they would find a scapegoat to keep their image.

Regarding the role of the moderator, Dan has created a post where he clearly said that he's a participant first and a moderator second. As long as he doesn't breach the rules, he can participate in any way he pleases just like any other member.

We shouldn't restrict his input and just leave him with a moderator role. That would be a loss for the forum IMO.

We are all waiting for Toga to give us some good news. He said he will refrain from speaking on this matter until it's resolved.

PS: I've seen your system in another forum, truly impressive and one of the most gorgeous room I've seen ! You're very lucky to be able to enjoy that level of sound.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:20 AM

The Magico representative at Munich Highend was arrogant up to even being rude when asked -friendly- some typical customer questions. And we are Magico owners eventually planning on possible (but reconsideration) upgrade within the line.
Maybe we should flash our titanium creditcard first?

There are three rules in business:

Rule #1: Take care of the customer.
Rule #2: Take care of the customer.
Rule #3: Take care of the customer.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RE View Post
The Magico representative at Munich Highend was arrogant up to even being rude when asked -friendly- some typical customer questions. And we are Magico owners eventually planning on possible (but reconsideration) upgrade within the line. Maybe we should flash our titanium creditcard first? There are three rules in business: Rule #1: Take care of the customer. Rule #2: Take care of the customer. Rule #3: Take care of the customer.
You should add future or potential. You never know who's a hidden millionaire or who will become one. Treat them with disdain and you won't see their business later.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzman View Post
I am not taping my conversations with Magico. The quote is how I recall what he said, not word for word (keep in mind that English is not my native language). If you don't want to believe me, your problem. I am just an happy customer, and so far I am the only one who took the time to get the other side of the story. Shit happens, even if it is never a normal situation - I have bought enough sport cars to know that recalls happen much more often than we want. The key is how a manufacturer deals with it. The only point I was emphasizing is that I have learned to take with a grain of salt any online story where the typical situation is person X says "I talked with Y who told me that Z said this". From experience, I have learned that there are as many chances that X is right as that X is lying or Y is lying. That's why I dislike reading posters looking for a lynch in the court of public opinion. And I find it even more disturbing when a moderator is taking part. They should know better. Bottom line, I hope that Toga will contact Magico directly, discuss his problem and get his speakers back as new - with the well deserved doughnuts! hoping to hear back from Toga soon with some good news.
Ok, sorry. I was thrown off by your use of quotation marks which suggested that that was exactly what Alon had said. I agree that it is important to be very careful about how the facts and opinions are presented in cases like theses, but that obligation runs both ways. It isn't fair to find Magico guilty of anything without a total understanding of the facts and circumstances. Also, you are clearly a Magico supporter and I appreciate your sentiment - check the Shindo forum, believe me, I understand your sentiment - but attributing that wonderful quote to Alon is misleading if it is not his exact words.

I truly hope he had a similar response and certainly take your word for it that he said something along those lines. I also have no reason to doubt Toga. My opinion remains that Toga should not have to go directly to Magico, but rely on his local dealer. If Magico USA claims to have not heard of him, either Alon is mistaken or Toga's dealer is mistaken. Either way, I hope everyone comes together on this and resolves it to Toga's satisfaction. That is the only thing that matters.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:31 AM

Easy everyone. My Q7 will be taken care of very soon. Now I am in japan.

1. I still admire my local dealer, friendly and helpful service, always.
2. I still admire Magico regarding sonic quality.
3. It is true that I never contact Magico directly regarding this minor trouble.
4. I never wanted the replacement, not even want to ship them back, all I wanted to know was how this happen and how to prevent it to happen again.
5.It is also true that I am asked to delete the post. From what I understood it was requested by Magico USA. But now I cannot prove where that come from, I inferred from the message I got. But it is true that am requested to do so. And all the message has been deleted by MY request to AA Webmaster.
6.Still. I have post problems regarding many of my cars in car forums too. To seek for opinions just like this. But never before have such problems, high end audio society seems to be very sensitive. But I posted in AA ARC forum regarding the bursted capacitor in ref40 before too, but no problem. No one got panic.

So for AA friends pls read no. 5 again. For Magico, read 1-6 Again.

And my apologize to Magico USA if that was not your demand that I delete my post, but as you have my email by now, I am waiting to hear from you directly. I am waiting, do it, write to me.

But a conclusion here is, my Q7 will be taken care of. So you all can be easy then. Do not walk away from Magico, believe me, this sealant issue is so minor. With a simple alcohol wipe right? And if it has air leak in the future, I can use silicone sealant to seal them around too. Easy.

For this case, what I really hope to hear as the first response, from whoever I don't care, are something like -
" what happen, how may we best assist you"
" what happen, but don't worry we will sure take full responsibility on this"
-- But definitely not what I got --

Due to language difference, the translation between Eng-Thai-Eng-Thai.... Many times between three parties of I, dealer, and manufacturer triangle may cause some misunderstanding along the way. So please understand this issue and stop worrying and blaming to anyone. I appreciated all of your supports and cheerful. Cool. And we will enjoy what is called high fidelity sound once more.

Toga.

Last edited by TOGA; 06-10-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:41 AM

My question now is, is the Project M a better product than Q7 at a more friendly price.
Remember what Q5 did to M5 ?

I like a curved form of M Project more than the shard edged and rectangle Q7.

Toga