AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Audio Discussion

General Audio Discussion All other Audio Q & A

Old 06-17-2018, 10:38 AM

Default Thinking of getting the Ruark R7Mk3

All the times I've promenaded down my street, I have never heard a hi fi system bursting pass the living room windows, for the houses are conjoined, and all the spare families dosh goes in to fancy cars. And fancy cars they are.

I was not that impressed with the Naim Star with good B&W stand speakers and high bit rate internet radio, and as I love my Ruark R4i bedroom unit, which gives a genuine, if small, hi fi sound, I am thinking of getting the R7.

I don't suffer from Tidal waves, nor am I a streamin' teen, and it has Spotify built in ( you just have to pay the subscription), plus Dab/Dab+, Internet radio and a cd player, and a special button to press to keep the goodies at low volume. I don't have playlists on my mobile phone, they are on my Dap's, nor do I have a tablet, so it's tatty bye for the mo to the Naim Muso or anything else Naim, and the R7 has got five star reviews across the board, even on Amazon Germany and Spain.

Now perhaps it will lose a tiny bit to equivalent priced separate's as it won't quite give a full stereo sound, but I'm not that fussed, plus the neighbours would be bangin' hard, as I'm sure all of you like a bit of voom with your main unit's sound, and if it can give two to three times the sonic pleasantries of the R4, I feel I will be well pleased.

Were coming out of the wooden hut's in blighty, but not much more. Will this be a sage choice?
Old 06-17-2018, 11:14 AM
Life is beautiful

It's quite beautiful, but it does take some space, and is it worth its price?

https://www.whathifi.com/ruark-audio/r7-mk2/review

http://www.trustedreviews.com/review...k-audio-r7-mk2
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 06-17-2018, 12:01 PM

It will take a lot less space than speakers, cables etc, and the whathifi/trusted reviews is on the previous version;the mk-3 has had a lot of sonic upgrades, and Trusted reviews gave it 5 stars. it has it all Bart, even a separate remote. No fiddling with tablets or a lap top/mobile phone.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:24 PM
Life is beautiful

Aha, yes, these are Mk2 reviews.

It has a nice vintage look.
No fiddling with cables either.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 06-17-2018, 12:53 PM

They say it has a more sophisticated sound than the Diavelet gold, which is certainly sayin' something.
Old 06-17-2018, 02:19 PM
Life is beautiful

Old 06-17-2018, 02:53 PM

Fifth avenue, 1960 comes to mind, we shall see if it has the chops. Has the trademark fuzz to protect the cd opening from dust.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:17 AM
Aspiring Audiophile

This looks cool-

I probably prefer the Dynaudio XEO series speakers, which are also fully active (build in amplification) also DAC, dsp, etc. all as one package.

As they are left and right channel speakers, you can still place them for the best possible sound.

Only cables are power cords, and the one HUB which is easily tucked away.
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW
Old 06-18-2018, 11:57 AM

I'll check 'em out, but I want a cd player as well, and I don't really need Weezering Corps buses. I can wire in my R4mk3 for more of a stereo effect if I feel I need it, that's if their signatures aren't
too awry. A chap on one of my comparison searches loved the R7 but got a Mission X ( I think)series instead. Could have been Monitor audio. I don't want separates with floor standers, they would be too much faff and too loud for organic enjoyment. The R7 is specific for mud wall blighty. And all controlled by a charming remote while your having a nap. Naim missed a huge market by insisting on total computerization, I refuse to cow tow to tablet's and fancy pants mobiles and 'streaming from my lap top', which the R7 can do.I would have loved to have had dual Muso's, or even one, but it's not to be.

Of course all this is academic if the R7 sucks. But I love, in it's segment, the R4 sound signature, it gives room filling sound with everything in it's place and a warm,clear, rich but never woolly sound character, and it can emote too. I doubt, on the larger stage, Ruark would screw this up with the new version of the R7. I'm told it can fully do Opera too. Granted it's not a Burmie or a McIntosh, but a chap in blighty wen't the full nine yards and mighty though they sounded, he had to sell them due to neighbors. In the US as well as the UK, you need a detached house for McIntosh etc, and I'd have to live in the middle of nowhere for that to happen. I'm a London lad and I like cycling to work. I'm working hard at finding alternatives and am still fully open for advice and recommendations and I will check out the dyno's, so thank you for the tip.