AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 12-25-2017, 08:36 PM

Default New Aurender N100C - fantastic!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Hard to believe 2018 is just around the corner...

My Christmas present was a new Aurender N100C which I am using to replace my Linn Majik. I've always loved my Linn but it has had restrictions with certain file types which the Aurender can take advantage of plus the fact that the Aurender can store files on board.

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised with the Aurender - it is effortless yet versatile and was a breeze to set up. I decided on the N100C 4TB to take advantage of both USB and Coax connections and to store a large amount of music directly on the Aurender rather than via my NAS.

Transferring music was easiest done via USB transfer and was very quick. I was really hoping that I wouldn't lose any sound quality moving away from the Linn which I've thoroughly enjoyed and it seems I've lost nothing and gained a number of extra features. I'm not sure if it needs burn in time as I've only had for a few days but will share more detail over the next couple of weeks.

My only question which someone may be able to help with is how to delete replicated files on the Aurender. When transferring files I've got a number of duplicated files - I thought the answer was by holding down on the screen the particular file to delete, it then brings up a menu but for some reason the option of removing from library I cannot select - help!!

Thanks in advance...
Old 12-25-2017, 09:03 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Jamie.......Congratulations on your new Aurender N100C with the 4TB hard drive. Yes, it will continue to improve in sound quality, overall detail, and general musical integrity up to about 300 hours. Just let it play. Even when you are not listening to it, set a playlist or an album file to repeat itself. You do that with the little curved arrows left of the time bar in the Conductor App. Tapping the arrows icon cycles through the repeat options.

The easiest way to delete music files from the Aurender hard drive is to open the hard drive on your networked computer, open the folder that has the file(s) you wish to delete, and highlight them and delete. Are you using a Mac or a PC computer with your home network?

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 12-25-2017, 09:08 PM

Hi Dan - thanks for the congrats and your speedy reply...

My reluctance was definitely offset by the many positive reviews from other owners, particularly your comments.

I'm using a PC out in my office - is there a PC based application that I should download?
Old 12-25-2017, 09:18 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Jamie.......I assume you have your N100C networked to your PC through the router. Press and hold the Windows key then the R key. This opens the Run window. On the line in the Run window type \\ and press Enter. The name of your N100C should pop up. Click on it and click OK. The window that opens should have your hard drive(s) shown. Click on the hard drive icon. You should now see the music file folders on the N100C hard drive. Click on each folder and search for the duplicate music files you wish to delete. Right click the music file name. In the popup window click delete.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 12-25-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:42 PM

Awesome - thanks Dan, all sorted!

Have you noticed the following question when copying from files off your PC direct to the network (as opposed to putting on external drive and plugging into back of Aurender via USB) - "are you sure that you want to copy this file without its properties?"

Having a quick look at the original file and that copied if I say yes to the above, there isn't anything obvious that is missing as file sizes / format are the same. Just wondered if you, or anyone, had noticed this and what impact if any does it have given I didn't notice this when copying via external USB.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:09 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitator View Post
Awesome - thanks Dan, all sorted!

Have you noticed the following question when copying from files off your PC direct to the network (as opposed to putting on external drive and plugging into back of Aurender via USB) - "are you sure that you want to copy this file without its properties?"

Having a quick look at the original file and that copied if I say yes to the above, there isn't anything obvious that is missing as file sizes / format are the same. Just wondered if you, or anyone, had noticed this and what impact if any does it have given I didn't notice this when copying via external USB.
Jamie.......I haven't seen that question pop up on my screen, but then I don't use the copy command to move files to the music server hard drives. I open the N10 or N100H hard drive as described above, then open the music folder on my desktop PC at the same time, then drag and drop files to the Aurender folders of my choice. Works like a charm and no issues with "Are you sure..."

Old 04-05-2018, 10:05 PM

Congrats on the purchase, now the real question is , which connection is better sounding. Coax or usb?
Old 04-07-2018, 06:30 PM

Coax for me by a small margin although USB for higher res files necessary
Old 05-14-2018, 01:42 AM

Hello! Have somebody experience with Aurender VS Auralic?
I've an Auralic Mini but have some fillings that here is a difference when playing music from CD transport and music by Mini. CDT and Mini connected with DAC (C.E.C. DA5).
What I want to ask that does music source matter at all?
Aurender and Auralic Aries quite pricey, and has some add-ons that I'm really not need, but what about quality? Does it worse to pay extra for playing file that embedded by DAC any way?
Hope I put my thoughts clear....
Thanks