D'Agostino Audio Master Audio Systems

Old 07-01-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Aptly named I guess Jim.
Ivan,

So true.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:09 AM

Why not travelling from HKG to SGP? The dealer for the MOMENTUM in Singapore is also the dealer for AYRE. So, you go get the same electronics (and could make a MX-R/Momentum head to head comparison), but the speakers would be AVALON, not WILSON...

I was in SGP a month ago and the MOMENTUM were due a few days later. I've missed that chance to audition such impressive monoblocks.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Audio Snoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Philip
The next time I drop in at the dealer here I will let you know what the status of him getting a pair in.

I sure would like to try a some Boulders in my room, but besides being expensive they are massive.

Jim
Jim,

That'll be great!

Anyway, as luck would have it, I just came back into town, and found out that a 2nd pair of Momentums had arrived recently at the dealer, and then they were immediately loaned out for a short stint to a VIP customer, and then they just came back yesterday. It also happened that Damian from PurePower was in town visiting for 1 day only, so I rushed down to have a chat with him as I had ordered a PurePower 3000 (at the same dealer). After the chat, I was about to set an appointment for a listening session with the Momentums when I was informed that the Momentums are being sent out tomorrow for another month-long review !!

The only bright side to this is that I actually got to see the Momentums in person for the first time, and all I can say is NICE, REAL NICE! Pictures definitely do not do justice to the Momentums! Now if only I can get to audition them!

Let's see now, the Boulder 1060 or 1050 amps are not too massive, and the Boulder 2060 or 2050 amps are bordering on "massively scary heavy & huge".......wait, surely you're not alluding to the Boulder 3050's.......man, now those are real monsters, and at (I believe) USD 180K per pair, I'ed have to rob a bank to afford those!!

Philip
Old 07-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Audio Snoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellindo View Post
Why not travelling from HKG to SGP? The dealer for the MOMENTUM in Singapore is also the dealer for AYRE. So, you go get the same electronics (and could make a MX-R/Momentum head to head comparison), but the speakers would be AVALON, not WILSON...

I was in SGP a month ago and the MOMENTUM were due a few days later. I've missed that chance to audition such impressive monoblocks.
Cellindo,

I am actually planning to fly down to SGP the week of 18-Jul-11 to listen to the Momentums at Ivan's.

In addition to Ayre equipment, he also carries PurePower, so you're right, the only equipment that won't be in the demo setup is the Transparent cabling as well as the Wilson Sasha W/P's - so will be listening to the Avalons with MIT cabling that he carries. Regardless of that, I'll still be A/B'ing the Ayre MX-R's with the Momentums.

Originally, the Momentums were actually due to arrive in SGP before the Munich Hi-End Show (19 to 22-May-11), but as far as I hear, because Dan D'Agostino was insisting on personally listening to each pair of amps before they were sent out, thus the delay in shipping the SGP order. I believe they finally arrived sometime in late-May/early-Jun in SGP.

I understand that, thus far, the feedback from people that have had an opportunity to audition the Momentums in SGP have been overwhelmingly positive. Not sure if that has yet to translate into confirmed orders, but the US MSRP of $45,000 is indeed a steep one!

Anyway, any chance of you being in the neighborhood around the week of 18-Jul-11?

Philip
Old 07-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Philip.......Location: 22° 16′ 43″ N / 114° 9′ 26″ E. The Hong Kong Governer House?

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 07-05-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjl View Post
Cellindo,

I am actually planning to fly down to SGP the week of 18-Jul-11 to listen to the Momentums at Ivan's.

In addition to Ayre equipment, he also carries PurePower, so you're right, the only equipment that won't be in the demo setup is the Transparent cabling as well as the Wilson Sasha W/P's - so will be listening to the Avalons with MIT cabling that he carries. Regardless of that, I'll still be A/B'ing the Ayre MX-R's with the Momentums.

Anyway, any chance of you being in the neighborhood around the week of 18-Jul-11?

Philip
Dear Philip, actually it's possible that I'll be again in Singapore in July but more probably the last week (starting 7/25). I will try to visit this AVALO
N/AYRE/MOMENTUM dealer that I've found the owner to be very nice.

Actually I would be much interested in listening to a beautiful KX-R preamplier.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Audio Snoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Philip.......Location: 22° 16′ 43″ N / 114° 9′ 26″ E. The Hong Kong Governer House?
Damn it Dan!!.....I was slumming there quite comfortably, and now you've busted my cover!......let's see now, seeing as how I may have now become a fugitive in Hong Kong for slumming in the Governor's House, maybe I can make a break for the border to 39° 54' 59" N / 116° 23' 25" E!!!!.....don't tell anyone OK?!
Old 07-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Audio Snoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellindo View Post
Dear Philip, actually it's possible that I'll be again in Singapore in July but more probably the last week (starting 7/25). I will try to visit this AVALO
N/AYRE/MOMENTUM dealer that I've found the owner to be very nice.

Actually I would be much interested in listening to a beautiful KX-R preamplier.
Cellindo,

The owner is Ivan Cheng, and his dealership/distributorship is called Norman Audio. Ivan has been in the business for close to 2 decades and is one of the most knowledgeable and passionate dealers that I have had the pleasure of dealing with.

Ivan carries around 25 manufacturers, and I can't think of any one dealer in SGP/HK carrying that many manufacturers at the same time. On cables alone, he has M.I.T., Crystal Cable, Siltech and Kimber Kable, and you won't find any SGP/HK distributor who carries this many highly regarded cables at the same time. Other notable manufacturers that he carries are Spectral, Dan D'Agostino, Martin Logan, Ayre, Conrad Johnson, Avalon, Berkeley Audio, Aesthetix, Vandersteen, just to name a few (he also is the distributor for Krell, but only for Malaysia).

He's one of the few owners that I know in SGP/HK that actually rubs shoulders/serves customers on a regular basis, as opposed to just relying on his sales guys to do all the customer interfacing (very common in Asia). Also, regardless of one's wallet size, he serves each customer with exactly the same amount of attention & passion, and that is what I love about him.

Anyway, I hope your travel schedule works out, and if by some small chance, it turns out you'll be able to be in SGP during the week of 18-Jul-11, it'll be great if we can hook up at Ivan's - PM me anytime.

Philip
Old 07-05-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjl View Post
Cellindo,

The owner is Ivan Cheng, and his dealership/distributorship is called Norman Audio. Ivan has been in the business for close to 2 decades and is one of the most knowledgeable and passionate dealers that I have had the pleasure of dealing with.

Philip
Phillip. I used to drop into Norman Audio on the 4th Floor of the Aldelphi Building when staying in Singapore. They always had some nice gear on display. Of course I spent most of my time with Ron at Coherence.

Jim
Old 07-05-2011, 08:10 PM

I will be in Singapore early August. Jerry let's go speaker hunting for your new system.

Phillip et al, if you're still around, you distract the owner and I'll whisk the Momentums away. May be you can bring some durian to dull his senses during the operation!