AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 12-02-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkoz View Post
It boils down to 1.If people will pay the price, a company will continue to sell the product or 2. If you feel the value is not there, don't buy the product.
That goes for everything piece of gear we use in this hobby.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:16 PM

I'm a TA owner, and think they sound better than others. However, their prices are outrageous. I hate the way each level is exactly twice the previous one. That's contrived. It's bs. Their R&D can't be that expensive, either. How many things can you do to a wire, anyway?
Old 12-02-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
I'm a TA owner, and think they sound better than others. However, their prices are outrageous. I hate the way each level is exactly twice the previous one. That's contrived. It's bs. Their R&D can't be that expensive, either. How many things can you do to a wire, anyway?
I've read that a main difference in TA's lower lines of cables is that they use smaller RF blocking coils. Doesn't appear to be much R&D in that, but rather looks like a marketing decision.

Roger
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TA #1.jpg (36.1 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg TA #2.jpg (25.4 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg transparent ref LSK IMG_5958 500pix.jpg (30.5 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by Steady339; 01-06-2015 at 03:27 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:54 PM

I think an educated consumer is the best way to deal with questionable marketing claims and pricing.. Reminds me of all the contraptions/claims out there that are stated to increase your gas mileage by 10%. Heck, if you were to use all of them that are available, you would stop every 100 miles to let some of the gas out
Any way, to each their own. What ever makes you happy----------go for it
2 Channel - Esoteric KO3, VPI Classic, C2300, MS300, MEN220, Bryston 7b SST, B&W 802D, JL F113 (2), MDA 1000, Olive 4HD, Sonos w/Remedy, WW Silver Eclipse ICs , Stillpoints Ultra mini, MR85 tuner, Aurender A10 server

Headphone listening
- Audeze LCD3 with Moon Audio Black Dragon Balanced cables, Sennheiser HD650, WW silver Eclipse Nano cable, Bryston BHA-1 amp

HT -
MX135, OPPO 103D, B&W CDM7, B&W center, Sony 65" LCD
Old 12-02-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
i think an educated consumer is the best way to deal with questionable marketing claims and pricing.. Reminds me of all the contraptions/claims out there that are stated to increase your gas mileage by 10%. Heck, if you were to use all of them that are available, you would stop every 100 miles to let some of the gas out
any way, to each their own. What ever makes you happy----------go for it
lol

Last edited by Steady339; 12-03-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
I think an educated consumer is the best way to deal with questionable marketing claims and pricing.. Reminds me of all the contraptions/claims out there that are stated to increase your gas mileage by 10%. Heck, if you were to use all of them that are available, you would stop every 100 miles to let some of the gas out
Any way, to each their own. What ever makes you happy----------go for it
And just what with Transparent cables reminds you gas mileage claims. At least Transparent and MIT put "network" boxes in the loop that apparently do something to affect the signal. I wouldn't be as apt to acquire cables that aren't actively trying to improve the signal.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:45 PM

There is no question for those who have tried Transparent Cables as to how wonderful they sound. But the prices are absurd. What are we talking about on their top tier cables, a 20x, 50x or 100x markup? I wouldn't purchase them just on principle. Or is it principal? LOL.

Ken
Old 12-02-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanarSpeakerFan View Post
There is no question for those who have tried Transparent Cables as to how wonderful they sound. But the prices are absurd. What are we talking about on their top tier cables, a 20x, 50x or 100x markup? I wouldn't purchase them just on principle. Or is it principal? LOL.

Ken
They are so expensive either one works for me
2 Channel - Esoteric KO3, VPI Classic, C2300, MS300, MEN220, Bryston 7b SST, B&W 802D, JL F113 (2), MDA 1000, Olive 4HD, Sonos w/Remedy, WW Silver Eclipse ICs , Stillpoints Ultra mini, MR85 tuner, Aurender A10 server

Headphone listening
- Audeze LCD3 with Moon Audio Black Dragon Balanced cables, Sennheiser HD650, WW silver Eclipse Nano cable, Bryston BHA-1 amp

HT -
MX135, OPPO 103D, B&W CDM7, B&W center, Sony 65" LCD
Old 12-02-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
And just what with Transparent cables reminds you gas mileage claims. At least Transparent and MIT put "network" boxes in the loop that apparently do something to affect the signal. I wouldn't be as apt to acquire cables that aren't actively trying to improve the signal.
Perhaps it shouldn't be looked at as trying to improve the signal rather altering the signal to achieve a desired effect i.e. moving further away from what a cable is supposed to be doing by creating a voice as it were which is why they "sound" so good to people I look at it this way, if I insert an active device into the signal chain I expect nothing less then the altering of the signal so the expectation is all ready set, it darn well better produce a different sound
Old 12-03-2014, 01:52 PM

After some further research I found that it is MIT that deserves most of the credit for R&D into the application of zobel networks to loudspeaker cables. TA holds no patents on this technology but MIT holds many patents in this area.

Last edited by Steady339; 12-03-2014 at 02:58 PM.