AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > General Speaker Discussion

General Speaker Discussion Calling all Speakers

Old 09-04-2020, 07:06 PM

Default Moving on up—-to Rockport Aviors

While Rockport Technologies is not a common speaker brand here in AA, I find the entire line so Musical they blow me away. Also, it is the only speaker my wife enjoys. Anyway, I am replacing my Atrias, original and not the new II, with a set of Aviors, also originals and not The new II.

Rumor has it the Aviors arrived in town today, will be dropped off tonight, uncrated tomorrow, and the guru will set them up Sunday! Here is hoping all goes well! I am very excited!

If the Aviors are as described, you will be seeing my Atrias listed for sell soon.

Peace, love, and music!

Last edited by Imapo; 09-06-2020 at 01:21 AM.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:54 PM

I have the original Atrias. Great speakers! Maybe someday I can move up the product line. I’ve heard the Cygnus playing CH Precision equipment. It was amazing.
Old 09-06-2020, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadave View Post
I have the original Atrias. Great speakers! Maybe someday I can move up the product line. I’ve heard the Cygnus playing CH Precision equipment. It was amazing.
I have truly enjoyed my Atrias for the last three years. I wanted to fill in the bottom end, and the Avior really does the job. We got them uncrated, set up, and a did a basic dial-in today. They sound wonderful! I am looking forward to them settling in and my speaker set-up guru making those final few adjustments.

The Cygnus are wonderful! I heard them with a variety of great amps, but the best by far was the Simaudio Moon 888 monoblock amps powering them. Sublime.
Old 09-06-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imapo View Post
I have truly enjoyed my Atrias for the last three years. I wanted to fill in the bottom end, and the Avior really does the job. We got them uncrated, set up, and a did a basic dial-in today. They sound wonderful! I am looking forward to them settling in and my speaker set-up guru making those final few adjustments.

The Cygnus are wonderful! I heard them with a variety of great amps, but the best by far was the Simaudio Moon 888 monoblock amps powering them. Sublime.

How large is your listening room? Mine is currently fairly small 12 x 12. Even though I made a significant investment in room treatments, I’m a little afraid anything larger than the Atrias might overpower the room.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:56 AM

How are the Aviors coming along?
Old 09-07-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_v View Post
How are the Aviors coming along?
Famously!! While the Atria are beautiful looking and wonderful sounding, the Aviors really fill in the bottom end which seems to make the speaker play much more effortless, even at volume. It is amazing how solid deep bass really establishes a foundation for the rest of the music.

My buddy who is my set-up guru will be here next week to really dial them in. However, another buddy is coming over Friday, and we will give the Aviors the listen they deserved while the wives are away.
Old 09-07-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadave View Post
How large is your listening room? Mine is currently fairly small 12 x 12. Even though I made a significant investment in room treatments, I’m a little afraid anything larger than the Atrias might overpower the room.
My room is 14’x22’x8’, and it opens to another room on one side. The speakers are on the short wall, and the seats are about 8’ from the speakers. If you call Rockport Technologies, they will give great advice on what will serve you best.