AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Pass Labs

Pass Labs 20 Years and Counting

Old 12-21-2019, 09:19 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyptony View Post
Thanks Joe. I’m going to have to depend on you for a bit for additional impressions.
Well they are steadily breaking in and improving. And to dispel a common myth, while they do get warm they are NOT hot. I'm from Texas and live in FL. These aren't hot!

I babysat a home for app 2 years while the family toured Europe. While I can't talk about his specific set-ups (he doesn't like that) I can say that among other systems, he has some tubes and some exceptional speakers. They enjoyed Europe - where he worked as well - and I enjoyed his systems. A great time for both of us.

He was over to the house yesterday to listen to the system. His first reaction is that sounds just like my tubes. Now, his systems are amazing. And I don't think mine sounds exactly like his tubes (which I probably have more hours on than he does), but they sure remind me of his tube sound ... but not quite as warm as tubes IMO - more balanced.

Based upon the sound I'm hearing, I feel confident that I made the right decision - and I thank my dealer for steering me this direction.

The Pass amps and Pre-amp are capable of driving much better speakers than I presently have (Magico A3s) - I'm already looking at the Magico M2s. This said, there is detail beyond belief in what I'm hearing. Highs, mids, and lows perfectly blended and detailed, great imaging, and a sound stage to die for. Their rendering of timbres/tonality, and the image density is only going to get better - but they're already superb.

I feel confident that if yours ever get delivered you will instantly love them - after they get thawed out Of course a lot depends upon system synergy but I think what you presently own will go well with them.

I hope you receive yours tomorrow. Eagerly awaiting your impressions.

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeN View Post
I feel confident that if yours ever get delivered you will instantly love them - after they get thawed out Of course a lot depends upon system synergy but I think what you presently own will go well with them.

I hope you receive yours tomorrow. Eagerly awaiting your impressions.
“ever get delivered”? Not what I wanted to hear, Joe! (I know you’re kidding ) Great additional write up. Thanks. I’m reasonably confident my choice will work out as well. I love my XP-20, Leif uses an INT-250 (not exclusively but definitely with his VSA and Endeavor speakers), and Mark and Kent both have good things to say about the pairing.
Old 12-21-2019, 02:25 PM

They’re here!!! FedEx Home (which normally doesn’t deliver on Saturday) must have felt guilty about not dropping them off yesterday. The driver so much as admitted it would have been a PITA to haul them up to my front door in the dark. I didn’t mind him being honest, frankly. But they’re here.

Old 12-21-2019, 10:41 PM

JoeN, are there any tricks to getting these beasts out of their boxes?
Old 12-21-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
joen, are there any tricks to getting these beasts out of their boxes?

IMG_9405.jpg
Old 12-22-2019, 08:14 AM

Ugh. I thought so.

Where’s when you need need him?
Old 12-22-2019, 08:18 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Quote:
JoeN, are there any tricks to getting these beasts out of their boxes?

Yes, it takes two people to do it right.

You don't want to damage the box. First become an Olympic weight lifter for 3 years then get fingers under the amp and lift. Gently place them on the ground. Then one person can use the handles on the rear to lift them and the other person can lift the front to place them on your amp stands.

Now plug them in and bring the house down:

Magico M3s; Vitus Masterpiece Components; TechDAS Air Force One; 2 x SME 3012-R; Airtight Opus 1 and MSL Platinum Signature; Taiko Audio Extreme + Switch; Albedo Metamorphosis Signature cables.

Last edited by JoeN; 12-22-2019 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:23 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohibaman View Post
That sums it up nicely

Old 12-22-2019, 08:25 AM
TechDAS AF 1 & Vitus MP

Quote:
They’re here!!! FedEx Home (which normally doesn’t deliver on Saturday) must have felt guilty about not dropping them off yesterday. The driver so much as admitted it would have been a PITA to haul them up to my front door in the dark. I didn’t mind him being honest, frankly. But they’re here.

Fantastic. Many congrats. Now tell us what you are hearing.

Old 12-22-2019, 10:55 AM

I have a similar lifting assignment coming early next month...a shiny new int 250. A hundred and five lbs worth (125 lbs with shipping crate). I'm thinking of using leather gloves. I'm guessing those heat sinks might be a little sharp.