AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Dynaudio Speakers

Dynaudio Speakers Authentic Fidelity

Old 07-20-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
However, I would like to know where does the D to A conversion take place ?
in the transmitter or in each speaker ?
Toga
That is the great thing about Xeo, the signal stays digital all the way until just before the drivers. The signal is sent digitally over the 2.4Ghz wireless format to the "digital" amplifier, not class D but truly digital which has DSP built into the electronic crossover, then and only then is the signal converted to analog for the drivers. Xeo has many uses beyond just a two channel speaker, Xeo has the unique capability of true multi-room, multi-source capability from one transmitter, Xeo can be used in a home theater application as a front speaker or rear speaker, etc, etc.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:54 PM

Thanks for add. info, next that I will try is an audio grade power cords, must find IEC>C7 adaptor first. XEO3 will be great to be surround and surround back channel speakers if they make wall brackets for it. But I doubt the tiny built in amplifier will do the job for action movies. What Xeo3 lacks is dynamic and sense of powerful sound. I also have 2011 Focus system and that is another league. So I will use XEO as a great background music system like this.
Toga
Old 07-23-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Thanks for add. info, next that I will try is an audio grade power cords, must find IEC>C7 adaptor first. XEO3 will be great to be surround and surround back channel speakers if they make wall brackets for it. But I doubt the tiny built in amplifier will do the job for action movies. What Xeo3 lacks is dynamic and sense of powerful sound. I also have 2011 Focus system and that is another league. So I will use XEO as a great background music system like this.
Toga
Well, the Xeo 3 is compact bookshelf speaker with a 5.5 inch woofer however I have heard amazing, effortless uncompressed dynamics from this speaker. In fact to get the same from the passive X12 you would have to throw a big juicy amp at them. The digital amp used in the Xeo 3 is 50 Watts to the tweeter and 5p to the woofer, the sense of immediacy is crazy good.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:14 AM

Quote:
HI, I just installed XEO3 in my bedroom and I like them.
sound more than good enough for bedroom casual or background music.
setting up in 3 minutes. both speakers are identical, no Master or Slave.
each has 3-position switch, which you will assign it as Left, Right, or Mono.
Both has its own power cord. remote control is used to control source switching and
volume/mute, power on/off. Range is good enough, I move just one to the other room and set both speakers to Mono mode, then I have nice background music in two rooms.
USB input is easy, Win XP detected it without driver required.
Toslink is straight forward.
AUX/RCA also straight forward.
Airport Express integration also worked well, with little set up on Apple side. it will output digital output as optical mini toslink from Airport Express and into Toslink input
at transmitter.
Amplifier power is just fine for bedroom music duty, may not sound much powerful
for serious listening.
Signal transmission is always noise free. sound will be ON if in range, or completely
OFF if too far, there is no static when you reach border of transmission range, it just off or on.
I just wish they make it in other model range as well, such as center ch. or surround ch. speakers for home theater, may be with more powerful amplifier.
Oh one last thing, in the position that I place them, normal limitation for bedroom ,
I got boomy bass. Then I insert supplied sponge into both bass output ports in the back. then this is solved, although I can't be sure bass is now flat or just too much rolled off, but better than boom.
Toga
Hello Toga,
If you look at the transmitter, you can choose one of 3 inputs for a transmitter. Plus you can choose which channel your speaker pair is using - so, if you used 3 transmitters, using transmitter A to send the L+R front audio, transmitter 2 to send L+R rear audio to a pair of Xeo in the back, and buy a single Xeo 3 to us as a centre channel driven by transmitter 3. Et voila, a wireless 5 channel system. (with a bit of experimentation, you probably could do wireless to the sub as well.
As far as the bass issue goes, normally speakers with good extended bass output are placed a couple of feet away from a wall. With such a small box as the Xeo 3, there is the possibility to put the speaker too close to a wall or in a bookshelf or on a mantel, hence, a bit too much bass for that position. So, that is why the sponge is there.
Best
Gramophone
Old 08-12-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynlunatic View Post
Well, the Xeo 3 is compact bookshelf speaker with a 5.5 inch woofer however I have heard amazing, effortless uncompressed dynamics from this speaker. In fact to get the same from the passive X12 you would have to throw a big juicy amp at them. The digital amp used in the Xeo 3 is 50 Watts to the tweeter and 5p to the woofer, the sense of immediacy is crazy good.
Hello,

First of all they look great and I love the fact that they are digital up to the last moment, now if only I could hear them There are no dealers where I live a major metropolitan area

Also how do they compare to the DBM50?

DBM50