AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Shooting Sports

Shooting Sports Guns & Ammo

Old 03-13-2013, 04:26 PM

Default A visit to Cabela's

My son is on spring break and asked if I would go up to Cabela's with him to help him get some gear for a camping trip he has with school at the end of May. Now, I've heard that Cabela's store in Hamburg PA is something else and I have mail ordered from Cabela's many times but I have never been to any of the actual stores. So yesterday we made the 1.5 hr pilgrimage to Hamburg Pa to visit the store and do some shopping.

WOW!!! I would have never imagined the magnitude of this outdoor sports store.. I was blown away with all the trophy animals and the fantastic displays and aquariums as well as the sheer selection of anything an outdoor enthusiast would ever need. From fly fishing to hunting, camping, backpacking, the store has EVERYTHING! This store can easily compare to some of the smaller museums and public aquariums!

Their "Gun Library" had us drooling over the nice selection of preowned guns, the O/U, S/S and auto shotguns, rifles, pistols of all kinds. Perazzi and Krieghoff shotguns had me staring at them like a kid in a candy store...

We must have spent at least 4 hours in there and dropped a serious coin on all the supplies. Now I know how they can afford to have such incredible stores...

We drove home in pouring rain but were truly impressed and happy to have made the pilgrimage.

I took a few pics...

Last edited by PHC1; 03-13-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:31 PM

Old 03-13-2013, 04:49 PM

Thanks for sharing Serge. There is a new Cabela's being built about a 20min drive from me. I can't wait to go check it out! I might have to stock up for an upcoming fly-fishing outing...
Old 03-13-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerman View Post
Thanks for sharing Serge. There is a new Cabela's being built about a 20min drive from me. I can't wait to go check it out! I might have to stock up for an upcoming fly-fishing outing...
20 Min away??? My condolences to your wallet!

They had a very elegant fly-fishing department with all the fancy rods, reels, fly fishing tools and accessories.... I have never even tried fly fishing but I was drooling over all the stuff they had in there...
Old 03-13-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
20 Min away??? My condolences to your wallet!

They had a very elegant fly-fishing department with all the fancy rods, reels, fly fishing tools and accessories.... I have never even tried fly fishing but I was drooling over all the stuff they had in there...

It's an 88,000 sf space that opens on March 21st. If I have a bunch of gear listed in the FS section the next Friday you'll know what's happened...

I received an invite to from an uncle to his place in Alaska this summer. If everything goes as planned I'll be eating fish and seafood every meal!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerman View Post

It's an 88,000 sf space that opens on March 21st. If I have a bunch of gear listed in the FS section the next Friday you'll know what's happened...

I received an invite to from an uncle to his place in Alaska this summer. If everything goes as planned I'll be eating fish and seafood every meal!
Sounds like a great trip! Us audiophiles need to get out more and do other fun stuff!!! A fishing trip to Alaska certainly qualifies as a first class adventure!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:27 PM
The Architect

Cabela's is awesome! I don't ever get out of the one here without spending significant $$...
JL Audio F113 subs with CR-1 Crossover
Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC (Analog 2 + Unison USB)
Sonore Ultrarendu with Uptone Audio LPS-1.2
Uptone Audio EtherREGEN network switch with LPS-1.2
Oppo UDP-205 with ModWright Signature Truth Tube Modifications
Clearaudio Performance SE TT with Hana ML MC cartridge
ModWright PH 9.0x Phono Stage
ASC & RealTraps Panels; APS PurePower 2000; Daedalus Audio DiDs
LAT International, Shunyata, Wireworld, WyWires Cables
Old 03-13-2013, 08:31 PM

I have been to the Cabella's along US 23 in Michigan. It was an interesting couple of hour. For a lot of people it is a destination. They have built some motels around it, several restaurants and some other places to hang out too. I actually purchased the shirt I am wearing today there, but that is all I bought.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Go Dawgs

Their stock is doing well also!
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
I have been to the Cabella's along US 23 in Michigan. It was an interesting couple of hour. For a lot of people it is a destination. They have built some motels around it, several restaurants and some other places to hang out too.
Jim, I don't know what came first, Cabela's or the nearby mall but Red Robin gourmet burgers was a treat. I love their sauted shroom burgers.