AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Balanced Audio Technology

Balanced Audio Technology Balanced Design, Balanced Sound

Old 09-06-2013, 03:28 PM
Retired

Junk?!?!? That's not junk. It just looks that way to the untrained eye. And, if you think it looks "busy", I should post a pic of the room at 180 from this uncluttered end.

F-Class rifle match in the morning at Cumberland Riflemen 600yd range in Millville, NJ and BPCR silhouette and target as well as rimfire silhouette at various places in PA, NJ throughout the season. Very busy time of the year as am shooting the Eastern Regional at the end of this month and SE Regional in GA at the end of Oct. Then I put the long-range toys away and shoot sporting clays and listen seriously to some great music on a terrific system (now BAT-centered, of course) as the weather turns cool.

BTW - Cumberland will finish a new practical pistol range sometime this fall and matches will open just in time for your return to action. Delaware Memorial Bridge and Route 47 directly to the range about 2mi east of Millville. Probably have a league night for same next year. Be happy to have you join in the fun. I'll be shooting a Kimber 1911 Gold Medal II in 9mm. And, if you haven't noticed, there is a "Shooting Sports" forum in the lounge here on AAf.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 09-06-2013, 03:35 PM

OK, OK... not junk... it is STUFF! Maybe some day I will post the pic of my basement.

Thank you for heads up regarding the range... but I am gun-shy about going to NJ - I have done that, and every time I felt like an outlaw - your state is crazy one. So I am limiting my trips to PA and MD - they are whole lot friendlier! And I will check out the shooting forum!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Retired

We have lots of competitors coming over from PA, DE, MD & NY. Just don't drive with a loaded gun or have a magazine that will hold more than 15rds. No question we have crazy gun laws. And some would have them even crazier.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 09-07-2013, 08:30 AM

Yes, I know, and I have been to the Old Bridge and Central Jersey matches before, but I shoot Open, and the idea of driving through the state with a bunch of 30 round mags in the trunk does not exactly appeal to me. Especially when I have local options. This is shame, because they have a lot of good activities there.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlfan View Post
Randy,

I just started with BAT VK6200 for multi channel SACD setup. Most of my gears are McIntosh as shown in a picture of the other thread here. Will update my sig this weekend. My next BAT item will be a SS pre. Still searching around. thx
I used the BAT VK-42se with Krell, BAT, VTL, and Manley amps and it was very good with all of them. Top of my list SS preamp. I had it in system for over two years and lots of amps to use with it.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_hankins View Post

I used the BAT VK-42se with Krell, BAT, VTL, and Manley amps and it was very good with all of them. Top of my list SS preamp. I had it in system for over two years and lots of amps to use with it.
It looks like you are mixing up with different brands to create the best shot from your system. Pls post photos for sharing if you could. thx
C1000C/P/T,,MS300,MEN220,MDA/MCD1000,MC275vi,MC601X2,MC225, MC50X3, C28, C20, Dynaco ST70X2, BAT-VK6200, Fisher 800CX2, SONY HAP-1Zes Music player, ProJect RP9.2/BlackBird MC, MartinLogan CLSiiA, Descent i, Purity, Quad ESL63, Magnepan20.1/3.6R/1.5
Old 09-08-2013, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlfan View Post
It looks like you are mixing up with different brands to create the best shot from your system. Pls post photos for sharing if you could. thx
Its been all BAT for about 2 1/2 years. VK-P10 phono, REX preamp and a pr. of REX amps.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Retired

Down in my cave trying to prep some new brass for up-coming matches after a round of sporting clays this morning. Keep getting distracted by how good the VK-300XSE sounds. Find myself listening to the music rather than prepping the brass. That, at least to me, says a great deal about what I'm hearing.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:50 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_hankins View Post

Its been all BAT for about 2 1/2 years. VK-P10 phono, REX preamp and a pr. of REX amps.
My goodness, what an awesome rig!!
Old 02-26-2014, 04:21 PM
Retired

Just spoke to Victor and he tells me the new VK-3000xSE integrated amp should be on their website shortly. Nice to see that the VK-300xSE has been updated.