Venere 2.0 2 way bookshelf
Venere 3.0 3 way floorstandevenere wall

- Developed and designed in Italy
- Made in China with selected China suppliers
- Sonus Faber Asia Ltd (HK) controls whole supply chain

- Glass tempered top and bottom just like Aida
-Baffle design to conceal the screws
- Aluminum spikes coated with scratch resistant paint

- The reflex port on the front avoids degrading reflections from the rear wall and make setting up easier.
- The waiveguides on the baffles perfectly control the sound radiation and provide a vivid sound (just like in live events)

- The internal architecture (derived from Aida) with the rib shaped "Y" provides regidity and perfect distribution of reflections

- Tweeters are without ferrofluids, 29mm treated silk dome DMK(Germany)
- Mid bass drivers have CURV cones with the exception of 3.0 that has dedicated aluminum drivers for low frequencies
- 2.5 model will use only CURV cones for homogenity of timbre
- CURV: composite material of the 5th generation single component

Retail price ranges from $800 to $3,500
Competitors: B&W, Focal and Dynaudio

Last edited by begli occhi; 07-13-2012 at 03:08 AM. Reason: added a letter
Old 07-13-2012, 04:35 AM

Was the China crafting inevitable in today's era?!! Probably.
But we could predict that. The Sonus Faber official facebook page was posting for some time now pictures of Chinese visitors for the hangover.
So, this didn't come as a surprise to me.

Other than that good news overall.

I particularly like the fact that ferrofluid is not in use. SF had this scheme followed exclusively in the past.
The speakers might be more prone to tweeter burn outs if power mishandled but should sound much better. Eventually not a SEAS, VIFA or Scanspeak unit as normal.
I personally consider this a bold and welcoming move by lowering some "fancy" specs only to improve sound quality. Good one SF.

No hints of a transmission line but that's not necessarily a bad thing. TL is a rare thing anyway...
We have a verification on the glass tempered tops (and bottoms??!!)
About mids and woofers I predict those are SEAS units since CURV cones are in use by SEAS who collaborates frequently with SF.

I see also prices have been dropped by the Chinese handover.
$800 is close to the Toy Center price point and most likely this is also the price for the Venere Center or Wall but considering the increased complexity in comparison to the Toy line even matching prices to the Toy line are translated into lower prices.

Let's see (and listen) what the future has to offer...
Old 07-13-2012, 08:50 AM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by begli occhi View Post
Got the folowing info from a reliable source:

First lauch
Venere 1.5 2 way bookshelf
Venere 2.5 floorstander
Venere Center

Next launch (2013)
Venere 2.0 2 way bookshelf
Venere 3.0 3 way floorstandevenere wall

- Developed and designed in Italy
- Made in China with selected China suppliers
- Sonus Faber Asia Ltd (HK) controls whole supply chain

- Glass tempered top and bottom just like Aida
-Baffle design to conceal the screws
- Aluminum spikes coated with scratch resistant paint

- The reflex port on the front avoids degrading reflections from the rear wall and make setting up easier.
- The waiveguides on the baffles perfectly control the sound radiation and provide a vivid sound (just like in live events)

- The internal architecture (derived from Aida) with the rib shaped "Y" provides regidity and perfect distribution of reflections

- Tweeters are without ferrofluids, 29mm treated silk dome DMK(Germany)
- Mid bass drivers have CURV cones with the exception of 3.0 that has dedicated aluminum drivers for low frequencies
- 2.5 model will use only CURV cones for homogenity of timbre
- CURV: composite material of the 5th generation single component

Retail price ranges from $800 to $3,500
Competitors: B&W, Focal and Dynaudio
Interesting. Change 2013 to later in 2012 and it looks good
Old 07-13-2012, 03:28 PM

This line should be hard to beat in terms of value/performance ratio.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:10 AM

I have mixed emotions regarding the whole "Developed and designed in Italy / Made in China with selected China suppliers" aspect of this new line. Let me clarify that I have nothing against Chinese made goods, and in fact own a Chinese amplifier that I adore (my Prima Luna). The Oppo 95 is also made in China and I could not be happier with it. I also understand the reasoning, realities and logistics behind such decisions, and I am sure the "bang for the buck" factor in this case will be unbeatable.

But, on the other hand, Ferrari does not make cars in China, nor has an entry-level model that is assembled there and carries the cavallino insignia. This might affect the "mystique" and hurt some of the brand's appeal, even though I understand that the dearer models will still be "made in Italy".

Perhaps the best way to have approached this would have been to create a sub-brand instead of a new line. Something in the vein of "Venere... by Sonus faber"... I wouldn't have any issues at all with that and it would make perfect sense.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteban View Post
I have mixed emotions regarding the whole "Developed and designed in Italy / Made in China with selected China suppliers" aspect of this new line. Let me clarify that I have nothing against Chinese made goods, and in fact own a Chinese amplifier that I adore (my Prima Luna). The Oppo 95 is also made in China and I could not be happier with it. I also understand the reasoning, realities and logistics behind such decisions, and I am sure the "bang for the buck" factor in this case will be unbeatable.

But, on the other hand, Ferrari does not make cars in China, nor has an entry-level model that is assembled there and carries the cavallino insignia. This might affect the "mystique" and hurt some of the brand's appeal, even though I understand that the dearer models will still be "made in Italy".

Perhaps the best way to have approached this would have been to create a sub-brand instead of a new line. Something in the vein of "Venere... by Sonus faber"... I wouldn't have any issues at all with that and it would make perfect sense.
Exactly my thoughts.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:06 AM

We create philosophes on those values but a company has to survive in an era of economical crisis.

I prefer a Sonus Faber made in China that the closure of Sonus Faber.

People that can afford Aidas, Stradivaris and Cremonas are getting fewer by the day.

By the way, since nearly everything nowadays is made in China who do you believe has the greatest manufacturing experience?

I didn't like myself those news but who am I to speak when a company could be straggling either to survive or simply to compete? (maybe even out of greediness for all I know)
There's an emotional approach (a healthy and beautiful one I have to admit) and of course there's the cruel realistic one.

Only time will tell...
Old 07-14-2012, 11:18 AM

That decision was also probably made when the euro was $1.45. But now down to the low 1,20s.

The Chinese deliberately keep their local currency cheap to help export competitiveness too.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdavit View Post
We create philosophes on those values but a company has to survive in an era of economical crisis.

I prefer a Sonus Faber made in China that the closure of Sonus Faber.

People that can afford Aidas, Stradivaris and Cremonas are getting fewer by the day.

By the way, since nearly everything nowadays is made in China who do you believe has the greatest manufacturing experience?

I didn't like myself those news but who am I to speak when a company could be straggling either to survive or simply to compete? (maybe even out of greediness for all I know)
There's an emotional approach (a healthy and beautiful one I have to admit) and of course there's the cruel realistic one.

Only time will tell...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestone View Post
That decision was also probably made when the euro was $1.45. But now down to the low 1,20s.

The Chinese deliberately keep their local currency cheap to help export competitiveness too.
Guys this decision is part of a bigger picture rather than reaction to the latest quarterly or a slice of exchange rates at the beginning of development. FineSounds is long term proactive, not short term reactive. Sonus faber has been growing quite healthily at all price ranges, especially since FineSound's purchase of Sumiko. Venere will accelerate that growth based on what I saw and heard last week.

Most Sonus Classic and Homage buyers have been previous Sonus owners. Expect Venere to greatly increase that trend while attracting many new fans. Be patient and see what happens as they go forward.

Last edited by metaphacts; 07-16-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:27 PM

Can't say I approve of the China Mfg-but it's the way of the world now

After all doesn't CE on our Electronics stand for CHINESE EQUIVALENT?

Des