AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

View Poll Results: Any Interest in Siltech Cables if the price is right?
Most Definitely! 35 49.30%
Probably Interested 12 16.90%
Not Really 19 26.76%
What is Siltech? 5 7.04%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2013, 03:41 AM

Would be very interested in Siltec product if price is right Ivan
Old 01-15-2013, 04:22 AM

Siltech stuff is great.

It is darker sounding than its sister Crystal Cable. A number of years ago I ABed them back to back and went with Crystal but Siltech is still very good.

Just be aware there are a huge number of fake siltechs out there. Even my siltech dealer can not differentiate real and fake cables

I have handled a few of these fake ones and i can tell you that they appear to be excellent quality.

howie
Old 01-15-2013, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
Siltech stuff is great.

It is darker sounding than its sister Crystal Cable. A number of years ago I ABed them back to back and went with Crystal but Siltech is still very good.

Just be aware there are a huge number of fake siltechs out there. Even my siltech dealer can not differentiate real and fake cables

I have handled a few of these fake ones and i can tell you that they appear to be excellent quality.

howie
howie, how did they sound,
Old 01-15-2013, 04:40 AM

Howie did you audition the newer Royal Signature series? They are not dark at all, especially compared to most copper based cables like Transparent.

I heard Crystal cable sounds thinner than Siltech. Maybe that gives an impression of a darker tone.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
Siltech stuff is great.

...Just be aware there are a huge number of fake siltechs out there. Even my siltech dealer can not differentiate real and fake cables

howie
Howie.... Yes this is true. Beware of the lemon. There have been some fake power connects coming out of China & circulated via syndicated networked individuals especially from Asia. These are listed on occasion on 'Gon & 'Bay. It's been happening with other brands too. Eg. Nordost.

Never buy anything from aliexpress, DHGate or VIPGate. Like many of the brands on those websites, the Siltech listed there are obvious fakes.

The high purity metals Siltech use do not age. Therefore Siltech is a sound investment. If you are considering buying second hand, request the original purchase invoice so that you can do a dealer cross-check. If the cable does not have a COA and original box with hologram & Siltech coded dealer sticker, be suspicious especially if there is more than one cable for sale. If the advertisement has been listed for awhile, also beware. Something is not right.

All Siltech cables have modulated serial numbers.

Be sure to obtain the serial number & an image of the COA, the cable & the barrels & forward to Siltech for confirmation. Lastly, the seller should be prepared to have the cable sent back to Siltech for brokerage to you the new owner if you are still unsure. Other premium cable companies like Nordost also offer this service.

A genuine seller offloading his investment will not hesitate with supplying all of the detail, will cooperate with you throughout the entire transaction, will refer you to his dealer & will not hesitate communicating with Siltech. In other words, the seller will transact all of the way with confidence. A counterfeit seller, shyster or syndicated mule/stool pigeon will tell you to go away if you impose stringent terms like this.

Like many other brands that are faked, common sense prevails when purchasing on the 2nd hand market.

Siltech cables in the Royal Signature range rarely if ever come onto the 2nd hand market. If you see one & it is cheap, beware. A simple look at the market prices of precious metals and you will know why Siltech cables will never be heavily discounted. It might be more profitable to recycle the metal.

Those that are interested in Siltech should not be dissuaded. Your first point of contact should always be with your authorised dealer.

Last edited by MyPal; 01-15-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:20 PM

I use the Siltech signature range for power, interconnect, digital and USB. I've found them to sound exceptional in my system. I wish they weren't so good because they are so expensive.

They have a good balance of resolution and naturalness that I have not found in any other products. I switched to Siltech from Transparent Reference and I felt the improvement was huge. The current G7 Siltech products are a worthwhile improvement on the earlier G6 series.

Last edited by custodian; 01-15-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:45 PM

Good stuff, but wrong colour. Yes, this counts too.
Digital: Bow ZZ-8 (cd player) + McIntosh MCD301 (sacd player) - Preamp: Octave HP500 - Amps: Electrocompaniet WA180 monoblocks - Speakers: Dynaudio Confidence C2- Cables: Nordost Valhalla + Furutech TCS31/Rhodium connectors (power cords) + Ocos (speaker cables) + Cardas Golden Reference (IC's) headphone/amp: Audeze LCD-X + Cavalli Liquid Fire Treasures: (SA)CD's (a real lot of...)
Old 01-15-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
Howie did you audition the newer Royal Signature series? They are not dark at all, especially compared to most copper based cables like Transparent.

I heard Crystal cable sounds thinner than Siltech. Maybe that gives an impression of a darker tone.
I have not heard too many of the newest Siltech line but yes heard that they are not as dark as before. Crystal has this reputation as sounding thin I think, partly due to their appearance but also because they allow the mids and highs to really shine which makes the bass on initial examination seem less than that of other brands. I can assure you that after they are burnt in this is not the case. Both brands are superb, just slightly different gelato flavours
Old 01-15-2013, 09:20 PM

Default The Signatures of Siltech

Selection of products in no particular order. Brochure attached.

Ruby Mountain II

Ruby Double Crown

King

Golden Universal

Golden Fire

Explorer 180Ix

Empress Double Crown Phono

Empress Crown

Emperor II

Emperor Double Crown

Classic Anniversary

Classic Anniversary 770L

Classica Anniversary 550i

Classic Anniversary Jumperset
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Siltech brochure.pdf (1.85 MB, 31 views)
Old 01-16-2013, 01:32 PM

I use all siltech royal signature in my rig, HUUUUUUUUUGE fan, they have transformed my system. Siltech = speed and resolution combined with warmth and musicality, normally these are mutually exclusive in a cable. Their technology (advanced mettalurgies) is they way forward in cable performance.