AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Automobiles

Automobiles Need for Speed

Old 01-09-2019, 11:10 PM

Looking forward to your review and thoughts about the RS3. I’ve been driving an Audi A6 for a little over ten years and it’s been a solid car. In the future I’d like to check out the S and RS lineup! Congrats Terry!

Mitch
Old 01-10-2019, 01:45 AM

Congrats! I drove an RS3 last year to compare against the BMW M2 - both great cars for different reasons...the launch control in the RS3 is a hoot!
Old 01-10-2019, 02:40 AM

Congratulations on an awesome car. While it's a little less of a beast than your Hellcat, I bet it's more fun!
Old 01-10-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
Congrats on the RS3!
I am sure that you will enjoy the car. I currently drive an A7 and I really enjoy the combination of German engineering, styling, sota technology and reliability. Audi offers the 4-year maintenance package that is worth it if you plan on keeping the car for 4 years. You can buy that anytime within the first year of ownership.
I saw pics of an Audi electric vehicle coming out in 2020. Looks a bit like an electric A7. I am keeping an eye open for it.
Congrats!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stollen View Post
Congrats on the upcoming RS3! I dipped my toes into owning German vehicles back with a 2004 VW R32 and never looked back. Since then it has been all Audi with my wife having a 2006 A4, then upgrading to a 2011 Q5, and I am currently driving a 2012 S4. I haven't driven an RS3, but admire the couple I have seen on the road!
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetspirit View Post
Looking forward to your review and thoughts about the RS3. I’ve been driving an Audi A6 for a little over ten years and it’s been a solid car. In the future I’d like to check out the S and RS lineup! Congrats Terry!

Mitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitator View Post
Congrats! I drove an RS3 last year to compare against the BMW M2 - both great cars for different reasons...the launch control in the RS3 is a hoot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Congratulations on an awesome car. While it's a little less of a beast than your Hellcat, I bet it's more fun!

Guys,

Just want to make sure I don't mislead you I Do-Not have the RS3 and from what I have now heard from the G/M at Audi Nashville.
The RS3 (2019) will not go into production until August 2019 and proposed delivery dates of September-October 2019.
I'm also going to add this ..........
If in-fact I don't get the call it's built until August and would not actually take delivery until September-October ???
The wife and I have discussed it and we are both thinking I'm going to let Audi Dealership sale it.
I'll place a new order for a 2020 RS3 as it makes no sense to me to take delivery of a new car in the 4th quarter of the year.
When more than likely the Magazines will already be talking about the 2020 RS3 and what's being changed, added, enhanced etc.

So, if I start reading in the Magazines months and months before this 2019 RS3 is even built and meanwhile I also find out when you can place your order for the 2020 RS3 ???
That's probably what I'll do as this car to us is a pretty expensive ride and to get it and already reading about it's replacement a few months later does not make sense.
Heck, if I'm going to have to wait that long ??????????
Why not simply wait awhile longer and get the next Model year .......

Well plenty of time to think about things so we shall see what Audi actually ends up doing on production & delivery dates.

Also since my wife works at home and I am retired there is no real rush on this.
We have a new VW Golf R sitting in the garage that has a whopping 8K miles on it.
In-fact I just took it in a few days ago to have the 10K or 1-year service done.
Don't even drive it enough to put the 10K miles on it for service in a year.

Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 01-10-2019, 12:10 PM

Some manufacturers allow dealers to start taking orders for the next year model in the summer. I agree with you about waiting a few months. But be aware that some special models are not always built every year. Not sure if that is the case for the RS3.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
Some manufacturers allow dealers to start taking orders for the next year model in the summer. I agree with you about waiting a few months. But be aware that some special models are not always built every year. Not sure if that is the case for the RS3.
I'm not sure really when Audi will open the order bank for the 2020 RS3 ???
But, I will know that answer long-long-long before the ordered now 2019 RS3 is built much less called for taking delivery.
If ?????????????
I do get the information from my guy this Summer on the 2020 more than likely I'll switch my order to it.
My wife is not in anyway into cars.
But, even she said just wait and see what Robert (G/M at Audi) has to say as time goes by.

Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 01-26-2019, 01:23 PM

Thumbs up

Saturday January 26th,

Well for us that have the 2019 RS3 cars on order and are following the other threads discussing same.
There really is no-new-news on that front just yet.

That being the situation I have gone forward and started ordering myself some specific RS3 items when it does finally get here.
At least this passes some of the wait time for further news on Build & Delivery times.
Below is a cap I found and is exactly what I was looking for.
The cap came from an Audi Dealership in Florida.
It is a full coverage cap not like the ones that have the opening in the Bottom-Rear that let's a guy like me with hardly any hair get his head Burned-Up.
This also as you will see has No-Snaps or Velcro to adjust the size thank goodness.
Usually the ones that are made like the above ^^^ also have the hole in the rear bottom center I spoke of above.
Took some time and research to find this one but it is exactly what I was hoping it would be when it arrived yesterday afternoon.
Very well made and fits (Snug) so it will not Blow-Off on those windy days at Cars & Coffee or maybe an Audi event.
One of the main things I was looking for was some RED on a Black background to match up to my ordered Tango-Red RS3.
I also have ordered a specific RS3 Jacket that will be arriving in the next few weeks.
I hope it's like this cap and is like what I saw when placing the order.
If it is ???
It will also be a nice addition to add to my RS3 wear items.
This when seen in person is spot on guys ............

Terry

_________

Old 01-26-2019, 07:21 PM
Member Extraordinaire

Radar detector? Which one?

Amp: MC1.2KW x 2, MC602, MC2300
Preamp: C52, MX136, C34V
Digital Source: Oppo BDP 105, Pioneer 47Ai, CAL MkII
Analog Source: MT10, Technics RS 1700
Speakers: VMPS Super Tower lll
Subwoofer: JL Audio F113
Power Cables: Wireworld Platinum Electra 7
Speaker Cables: Straightwire Serenade ll
Signal Cables: Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7
Power Isolation: RGP 1200C
Rack: Adona Eris 9TW modified to Eris 12TW

Amp: Yamaha RX Z9
Digital Source: Pioneer BDP 94HD, Oppo UDP-205
Front Speakers: Monitor Audio
Center Speaker: B&W CC6
Rear Speakers: B&W DM 602
Surround Speakers: B&W DM 602
Subwoofer: Velodyne SPL 12BV
Television: Samsung 75 inch 4K Q90R
Old 01-27-2019, 12:55 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
Radar detector? Which one?
Hello Michael,

Speaking of a radar detectors .............
Many-many years ago I ran at the time the high-end ones that had receivers for front & rear detection.
And of course all the other ones as years went by.
Now days I don't even run any at all.
I don't any-longer really drive like a lunatic
So just not even necessary at this stage in my life.

Terry

Old 01-27-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Hello Michael,

Speaking of a radar detectors .............
Many-many years ago I ran at the time the high-end ones that had receivers for front & rear detection.
And of course all the other ones as years went by.
Now days I don't even run any at all.
I don't any-longer really drive like a lunatic
So just not even necessary at this stage in my life.

Terry
Terry, same here. I went from 500+ hp cars to 150hp for a weekend toy. Plenty of autox, track days, etc available for high performance driving, the streets are not the place to take chances with your and other people’s lives.

No need for a radar at all for me and have not owned one in the past 10 years... Going at the legal 70 mph on the turnpike gets me plenty quick where i need to go.