AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Isolation, Tips & Tweaks

Isolation, Tips & Tweaks Enhance your enjoyment

Old 12-29-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
Super Dave Osbourne

I believe Mark to be dead-on and also believe you will hear things in an amazing way - keep us posted!

Super Dave Osbourne,

You are the first person to ever mention him. I used to watch that show with my dad growing up. Awesome! My uncle, the one that got me hooked on audio, always called me Super Dave, and that is what I went with.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:11 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
Super Dave Osbourne,

You are the first person to ever mention him. I used to watch that show with my dad growing up. Awesome! My uncle, the one that got me hooked on audio, always called me Super Dave, and that is what I went with.

There’s always a first; glad to bring up memories as we slip past another year gone by.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Super Dave Osbourne,

It’s funny every time I saw your handle I thought the same thing. Then I’d laugh recalling his “stunts”!

Mitch
Old 02-07-2018, 01:16 PM

My Tripoint Elite arrived today. Ill install it tonight with the Thor SE cables after I rearrange some components to fit it in the rack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0263.JPEG (2.96 MB, 65 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0266.JPEG (3.16 MB, 76 views)
Old 02-07-2018, 11:51 PM

Will be anxious to read your comments on it effectiveness.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
I've looked intently at Shunyata's approach of integrating the grounding device/plane directly into the power distributor (Denali and Triton) together with their new levels of grounding cables, and this strikes me as brilliant and 'about damn time...' someone brought the 2 (component) worlds officially together.
Looking at the Denali 6000 insides it would appear that the ground receives no special treatment. Not saying it isn't effective, in fact I achieved the same level of performance using the grounding lugs on my 6000T as I did using a Granite Audio Ground Zero. Would I get a different or better result with a Entreq or TriPoint unit? In my system, as its currently configured, I think the answer would be little difference (if any at all).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shunyatadenali-6000s-inside.jpg (91.7 KB, 51 views)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:45 PM

Well it wasn't easy but I managed to install the Tripoint Troy Elite and 5 Thor SE grounding cables last night. One cable to each monoblock, K-01X, G-01, and Nagra Classic Amp. All components include grounding posts which makes things much easier. The Elite is plugged into the dedicated circuit for my front end.

The sound I heard right after turning everything back on was the best my system has ever sounded. The Elite brings a level of realism I have yet to hear. The music flows so effortlessly and my walls seemed to disappear like never before. My wife and I were up late rediscovering music we thought we knew well. Tripoint IMO, squeezes every drop of emotion out of music.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:01 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Well it wasn't easy but I managed to install the Tripoint Troy Elite and 5 Thor SE grounding cables last night. One cable to each monoblock, K-01X, G-01, and Nagra Classic Amp. All components include grounding posts which makes things much easier. The Elite is plugged into the dedicated circuit for my front end.

The sound I heard right after turning everything back on was the best my system has ever sounded. The Elite brings a level of realism I have yet to hear. The music flows so effortlessly and my walls seemed to disappear like never before. My wife and I were up late rediscovering music we thought we knew well. Tripoint IMO, squeezes every drop of emotion out of music.

Super Dave, it’s amazing what external grounding does. Curious on those spikes in the picture, let’s see what you came up with.

I agree with everything your saying 100%, and happy to read your comments.

I don’t need to be there to know the same result, similar theory, different gear.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:

Congratulations on your new Tripoint componnent and cables! It's very cool and also impressive to hear this feedback from someone who already had a system before the Tripoint's addition, including the NAD Monos, etc...that is at a level that many dream about!
Old 02-08-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
Super Dave, it’s amazing what external grounding does. Curious on those spikes in the picture, let’s see what you came up with.

I agree with everything your saying 100%, and happy to read your comments.

I don’t need to be there to know the same result, similar theory, different gear.
Honestly, I was worried I had set the bar too high and wouldn't be as blown away as I am. It brought more than I expected. The spikes are works of art or weapons depending on who is holding them. The detail and craftsmanship is first class. Miguel is a perfectionist.