AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Burmester Audio

Burmester Audio Art for the Ear

Old 09-02-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas View Post
I agree 100%. But every once in a while I crave another 911MK3

John

P.S.Jerry I thought the wife had your hands tied these days.
Hi John,

Nah, she no longer need to tie my hands cause she EMPTIED my pocket and sign the cheques! I am good as BROKE!

When Howie was here with the family, I nearly ended up doing the restaurant dishes just to buy the dinner! Lucky she gave me "face" because of Howie's presence.

But once a while, when the upgrade "itch & virus" attacks, no choice but to bite the lips, have a listen, gawk at the equipments and then dream about it .... and try to work out a scheme to see if I can make that "LAST" purchase statement that much more convincing than ever before!

Well, I do try to look for the second tier/third tier Burmester combo but seemingly, this shop only carries the REFERENCE, so it becomes a HUGE dream. Not that impossible though as I think I have garnered "enough points" for a good bonus. BUT then, she holds the purse strings ... so ... just got to work on the "gift of the gab"!

Tomorrow I am going for a second audition and I promise myself I am going for a good 2 hours session - not just that one song! Hopefully, I can come out still thinking my current Meridian is still a viable option for a good 2 years.

Meanwhile, just surf and read the reviews and brochures. After all S$300k is a lot to blow off ... and there ARE a lot of combo's that fight in this pricing category!

Cheers!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar
Old 09-02-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I agree 100%. But every once in a while I crave another 911MK3
Some users suggest if a stereo amp is bridged, you lose a tiny bit of refinement compared to the non-bridged version. But you do gain some headroom, dynamics, and power.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:00 AM

Please don't forget the "new" Top Line pieces from Burmester, the 089 and 088. I have a friend with a an almost full Burmester system, Focal Stella speakers and Mark Levinson No 53 mono amps. I comp[ared my 089 CD/PRE?DAA to his 069 w/ outboard power supply and was not embarrassed!. The 089 was at least 89% as good (or great ) fo alot less money. I have never, ever heard anything sound as good as the "Burmester sound". It has all the joy and love of tubes and anolog, but has the strengths of solid state.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:11 PM

Talk2me...sorry to hear it as well. My suggestion is to list the item in the for sale section at AA. You will have to become an AA subscriber to do so but at least you will have many more eyeballs on the listing than it being burried here in this thread. Good luck with the job situation and hope you figure out a way to keep this beautiful piece.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:26 AM

Thanks for all the support, much appreciated.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
Some users suggest if a stereo amp is bridged, you lose a tiny bit of refinement compared to the non-bridged version. But you do gain some headroom, dynamics, and power.
Not the 911... I've had a 2nd amp on loan for a while and it's going to be tough to send it back....

Everything is better...
Old 01-10-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonepub View Post
Not the 911... I've had a 2nd amp on loan for a while and it's going to be tough to send it back....

Everything is better...
Thanks for clearing this up as not many people have the opportunity to do this comparison.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscc View Post
well, in my next visit, i make sure i take some pictures of the real system to share!
please do!
Old 02-05-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCC View Post
Hi John,

Nah, she no longer need to tie my hands cause she EMPTIED my pocket and sign the cheques! I am good as BROKE!

When Howie was here with the family, I nearly ended up doing the restaurant dishes just to buy the dinner! Lucky she gave me "face" because of Howie's presence.

But once a while, when the upgrade "itch & virus" attacks, no choice but to bite the lips, have a listen, gawk at the equipments and then dream about it .... and try to work out a scheme to see if I can make that "LAST" purchase statement that much more convincing than ever before!

Well, I do try to look for the second tier/third tier Burmester combo but seemingly, this shop only carries the REFERENCE, so it becomes a HUGE dream. Not that impossible though as I think I have garnered "enough points" for a good bonus. BUT then, she holds the purse strings ... so ... just got to work on the "gift of the gab"!

Tomorrow I am going for a second audition and I promise myself I am going for a good 2 hours session - not just that one song! Hopefully, I can come out still thinking my current Meridian is still a viable option for a good 2 years.

Meanwhile, just surf and read the reviews and brochures. After all S$300k is a lot to blow off ... and there ARE a lot of combo's that fight in this pricing category!

Cheers!
Ok Jerry you never told us about your second audition. I'm starting to get the itch for either another 911MK3 or trade up to a single 909 MK5 if the opportunity arises. I was wondering if you had a chance to here the difference ? I read the old 909 wasn't as refine as the 911MK3. It' hard to even fine specs on the 909mk5.

John
Shunyata Research Sigma USB and Ethernet
Argento Audio speaker cables and interconnects
Old 02-05-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Ok Jerry you never told us about your second audition. I'm starting to get the itch for either another 911MK3 or trade up to a single 909 MK5 if the opportunity arises. I was wondering if you had a chance to here the difference ? I read the old 909 wasn't as refine as the 911MK3. It' hard to even fine specs on the 909mk5.

John
Hi John,

Sorry ... I did not do the second audition as intended. Too much things to do since then PLUS ... I was too smitten with my own system to be able to find the time.

Also, knowing myself, I may not be able to resist IF the Burmester itch comes. So, I avoided it altogether. A thousand apologies!

Cheers!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar