AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 06-20-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev313 View Post
Not really; I suggested he take his inflammatory questions about the quality of Shindo transformers off forum to a European Shindo expert.
"...But I think I can address the latest Jerome controversy in part ....the transformers are typically Lundahl. Have you heard of them? Lundahl? They are typically considered high quality. "

Your retort is equally inflammatory. Realizing fully the irony of this very post, my comment is that this forum seems to unravel on an almost weekly basis into a sizing match. Many of us are tired of this BS. I am not singling you out for this, nor am I saying this is your fault, it is just an observation of the Shindo forum as a whole. There's usually good lively discussion going back and forth on this forum, but it always seems to devolve into stupid schiit products are actually well thought out, and in my opinion they are a good place for those starting out in hi-fi.

I will check back when we the forum gets back to discussing Shindo gear as this one started. Not interested in viewing yet another sizing contest. Again, I am aware of this irony of my post; it is not directed at you, it is a broad observation.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:00 AM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjazz View Post
"...But I think I can address the latest Jerome controversy in part ....the transformers are typically Lundahl. Have you heard of them? Lundahl? They are typically considered high quality. "

Your retort is equally inflammatory. Realizing fully the irony of this very post, my comment is that this forum seems to unravel on an almost weekly basis into a sizing match. Many of us are tired of this BS. I am not singling you out for this, nor am I saying this is your fault, it is just an observation of the Shindo forum as a whole. There's usually good lively discussion going back and forth on this forum, but it always seems to devolve into stupid schiit products are actually well thought out, and in my opinion they are a good place for those starting out in hi-fi.

I will check back when we the forum gets back to discussing Shindo gear as this one started. Not interested in viewing yet another sizing contest. Again, I am aware of this irony of my post; it is not directed at you, it is a broad observation.
Rest assured... I will bring peace and harmony to the Shindo forum.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 06-21-2014, 01:00 AM

You know it's funny how a few people can really cause problems in a thread.

This Shindo forum, being one of the only Shindo forums I am aware of, can and does supply some good information about the product.
I knew about Shindo before starting to read this forum but learned so much more after reading the many posts here. Especially the posts put up by Jonathan and Matt. Thank you guys.

It is a shame that a couple of Shindo owners have to continue to bicker back and forth and attempt to destroy or completely change the gist of what ca n be a very informative discussion.

I have started a few threads. One morphed into a shitstorm about Harbeth speakers. Who cares about Harbeth speakers in a Shindo forum!! They are not relevant in this forum as they are inappropriate and really have nothing to do with Shindo other than a member trying them. Good luck with that.

I then started this thread because I really wanted to know the correct way to use Shindo power cords. Simple and innocent enough.
Within a few responses it again became somewhat adversarial. A day later the usual suspects started to take the thread their own way and it became nothing to do with the original topic. Many of us have began to tire of this behaviour.

As Shindo is not exactly a huge company and the forum will never be as large as say 'McIntosh' all owners should be welcome and opinions and experiences shared.

But the 'Shit Disturbers' should disappear. If you like the product and truly want to discuss it, great.
If all you want to do is cause trouble or discuss another product 'harbeth e.g.' Then take it to the proper forum.

That said, everyone does not have to agree on Shindo or anything else for that matter.
One thing that makes these forums interesting is the difference of opinion and that should be relished.

I, for one does not want this forum to cease to exist. I fear that may be the case if recent behaviour continues.

Maybe the love/hate situation between members we all know can be resolved very simply.
They obviously don't like each other but love to argue with one another.
Just exchange personal email addresses and argue to your hearts content privately.

The Shindo forum will continue to thrive.

You can can continue to bicker and argue, like an older couple I saw in a deli yesterday.
They both ordered the pastrami, but argued about the mustard.

Let's all get along and enjoy this wonderful product Ken created!!!

Shindo D'Yquems
Shindo Vosne Romanee
Devore 0/96
Luxman PD-171
Dynavector xx2 MkII
Luxman DA-06
Mac Mini
Magnum Dynalab MD 107t
Shindo and A23 Cables
Old 06-21-2014, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLG4EVR
You know it's funny how a few people can really cause problems in a thread.

This Shindo forum, being one of the only Shindo forums I am aware of, can and does supply some good information about the product.
I knew about Shindo before starting to read this forum but learned so much more after reading the many posts here. Especially the posts put up by Jonathan and Matt. Thank you guys.

It is a shame that a couple of Shindo owners have to continue to bicker back and forth and attempt to destroy or completely change the gist of what ca n be a very informative discussion.

I have started a few threads. One morphed into a shitstorm about Harbeth speakers. Who cares about Harbeth speakers in a Shindo forum!! They are not relevant in this forum as they are inappropriate and really have nothing to do with Shindo other than a member trying them. Good luck with that.

I then started this thread because I really wanted to know the correct way to use Shindo power cords. Simple and innocent enough.
Within a few responses it again became somewhat adversarial. A day later the usual suspects started to take the thread their own way and it became nothing to do with the original topic. Many of us have began to tire of this behaviour.

As Shindo is not exactly a huge company and the forum will never be as large as say 'McIntosh' all owners should be welcome and opinions and experiences shared.

But the 'Shit Disturbers' should disappear. If you like the product and truly want to discuss it, great.
If all you want to do is cause trouble or discuss another product 'harbeth e.g.' Then take it to the proper forum.

That said, everyone does not have to agree on Shindo or anything else for that matter.
One thing that makes these forums interesting is the difference of opinion and that should be relished.

I, for one does not want this forum to cease to exist. I fear that may be the case if recent behaviour continues.

Maybe the love/hate situation between members we all know can be resolved very simply.
They obviously don't like each other but love to argue with one another.
Just exchange personal email addresses and argue to your hearts content privately.

The Shindo forum will continue to thrive.

You can can continue to bicker and argue, like an older couple I saw in a deli yesterday.
They both ordered the pastrami, but argued about the mustard.

Let's all get along and enjoy this wonderful product Ken created!!!
JJ,

I really do not agree with some of your statements.

1/ in the D'Yquem thread, I was not the one who started to talk about Harbeth. Davidoff asked if he could use D'Yquem to drive his SHL5. This was not off topic in a D'Yquem thread. I answered "no" but informed him that a more powerful PP amp could do it in my opinion. Jonathan then jumped on the subject.

2/ in this power cord thread, I simply asked a question based on a statement from JC Verdier himself, a renown Master of tube amp design. And he is not the only one to think that AC polarity does not have any influence on the sound with "well designed" transformers. Many others do. We non engineers audiophiles are often good victims of legends and rumors. A forum is the right place to express opinions and facts on controversial matters.
This question was fair and was not implying that Shindo transformers would not be "well designed". The opposite actually. Since Shindo knew perfectly how to design a transformer, how come AC polarity could have an effect on the sound ?
Once again, some members replied in a very informative way ( Dan's post about security was documented and informed while Jonathan just said "no security issue" without explaining why...) while some others kept being harsh and personally aggressive without any objective reason.

((Just be honest to yourself. Put the music on. Ask your wife to reverse the plug multiple times ( wait 5 minutes as Matt suggests each time between switchings ) and see if you could blindly spot when the polarity is normal or reversed. Why are you asking something that you can very easily personally test ? When I asked this question to JC Verdier, the first thing he said was : " did you try ? Did you hear any difference ? ". I replied " yes I tried and did not hear any." Then he gave me the reason....))

The facts : a few people are considering this forum as being their private property and think they can run it as the Gurus of a sect.

I agree that the Shindo AA forum is a great source of information about Shindo and should continue to exist, but with the same spirit of friendship and courtesy which characterizes AA. If this is not possible, then yes, it will be in danger.

A few Shindo guys have already been banned for ignoring this. It is common attitude of people thinking they own the absolute truth to believe that they are above the common rules of "lay people".
Respect and courtesy are for others. Not for them.
Reality has proven to them that they were wrong and it will continue to do so.

I will refrain myself from posting in the Shindo forum now. I understood very well the animosity going around and I am fed up with it.

Last edited by Jerome W; 06-21-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:35 AM

That's a shame Jerome! This sub-forum is a great resource for us Shindo noobs, and I love to hear all points of view and information.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:33 PM

Rethink Jérôme --your vigorous and passionate banter with Gallic flair will be sorely missed--nobody wins--the music is the real winner after all.

Des
Old 06-21-2014, 01:12 PM

Jerome, in no way whatsoever was I suggesting for you not to post your opinions in the Shindo forum.

As I clearly stated, all opinions and experiences from Shindo owners should be welcomed, but in a non combative manner.

If it appeared I was singling you out I apologize, that was not my intent.

Shindo D'Yquems
Shindo Vosne Romanee
Devore 0/96
Luxman PD-171
Dynavector xx2 MkII
Luxman DA-06
Mac Mini
Magnum Dynalab MD 107t
Shindo and A23 Cables
Old 06-21-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesW View Post
Rethink Jérôme --your vigorous and passionate banter with Gallic flair will be sorely missed--nobody wins--the music is the real winner after all.

Des
Seconded ...
Old 06-22-2014, 12:00 AM

Thank you for the kind words guys.

I am a Shindo lover and do not come to the Shindo forum to criticize the brand or the distributors. Being permanently considered as an offender while actually being a lover and a lawyer of the brand makes me feel too bad to go on.

I come here for pleasure and for learning. Not for controversial and aggressive talks.

I will continue to read the posts in the AA Shindo forum but this will be my last post and this will help the forum for being more peaceful.

Peace to everyone and long life to our Shindo gear !
Old 06-22-2014, 01:22 PM

This has been an interesting thread while on-topic (the topic being, for those who might forget, how to properly use Shindo power cords).

The drama though...that's been kinda strange. I don't quite understand the relevance of another designer's opinion on the recommended Shindo power setup (transformers, cables, power conditioners). But neither do I consider it to be trolling.

Still, the question and answers are interesting to read, and as a Shindo aficionado, every single other Shindo owner's experiences are of interest to me. The drama though...that I could do without.

I'll keep reading and occasionally contributing, because I'm loving my Shindo pre and amps and there are few sources of info in the world that are as good as this one!