AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-09-2019, 01:58 PM
mitarbeiter1 mitarbeiter1 is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 10
Default

Thanks for your opinions - really would like to hear some more - perhaps from an owner of Sabrina as well as Yvette (I suppose there are not so many out there owning both models) describing especially the differences in the higher octaves ?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:09 PM
akfaulkner's Avatar
akfaulkner akfaulkner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Kirkland,WA
Posts: 142
Default

I don't comment much here these days (two <4 yr old kids keep me busy but I do lurk) But I will add my perceptive.

I own both the Sabrina and Yvette. I have also owned the Sasha 1 and 2 and Duette 2. Yes I have a problem! Ha!

In terms of upper octave, the sound is similar enough for me to be more than satisfied with both for medium volume listening and normal sized living rooms. The area where I think they diverge more is filling the room and at higher volumes. The Yvette is a larger speaker and I think it does a much better job at filling the room compared to Sabrina. It also sounds more natural at higher volumes and has more end to end range and oomph.

So if your room is small, I think Sabrina is an excellent fit and you can spend the difference in better DAC and amps. If your room is large, I would encourage you to take a deep listen to both to make sure you are satisfied and understand those limitations.

Either way, both speakers are amazing! Personally, the Sabrina's get most of the use in my family as it's in the living room and we listen as we cook etc....the Yvette is more of my sit down and chill speaker.

Happy to answer more questions!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitarbeiter1 View Post
Thanks for your opinions - really would like to hear some more - perhaps from an owner of Sabrina as well as Yvette (I suppose there are not so many out there owning both models) describing especially the differences in the higher octaves ?
__________________
Living Room: Wilson Audio Sabrina, Devialet 120, Roon, Chromecast Audio
Family Room: Wilson Audio Yvette, Classe Sigma SSP, Classe CA-2300, Auralic Aries Mini, Chromecast, Roon
Home Server: Mac Mini, 1 TB SSD, RoonServer
Work Audeze LCD-XC, Audeze Deckard
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:15 PM
akfaulkner's Avatar
akfaulkner akfaulkner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Kirkland,WA
Posts: 142
Default

One more thing I will throw out there, if you get a chance to listen to the Duette 2, that also gives quite the sound in a small package. May be worth a listen.

Unfortunately for me, I had repeated quality issues where i had to return the speaker twice so I didn't take a chance on another one and moved to Sabrina. Hopefully it was a fluke speaker but you should listen to one if you can
__________________
Living Room: Wilson Audio Sabrina, Devialet 120, Roon, Chromecast Audio
Family Room: Wilson Audio Yvette, Classe Sigma SSP, Classe CA-2300, Auralic Aries Mini, Chromecast, Roon
Home Server: Mac Mini, 1 TB SSD, RoonServer
Work Audeze LCD-XC, Audeze Deckard
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-10-2019, 02:31 AM
mitarbeiter1 mitarbeiter1 is online now
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 10
Default

Thanks-that helps. Room is about 50 square meters but behaves like a smaller one. Normally we hear at low listening levels with the Sabrina. So microdynamic for me is more important than concert levels. As you say Sabrina sounds best in mid levels. She needs a little bit of volume. Sounds like upgrading to Yvette isn't a must.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-10-2019, 10:40 AM
Mikeoz Mikeoz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akfaulkner View Post
I don't comment much here these days (two <4 yr old kids keep me busy but I do lurk) But I will add my perceptive.

I own both the Sabrina and Yvette. I have also owned the Sasha 1 and 2 and Duette 2. Yes I have a problem! Ha!

In terms of upper octave, the sound is similar enough for me to be more than satisfied with both for medium volume listening and normal sized living rooms. The area where I think they diverge more is filling the room and at higher volumes. The Yvette is a larger speaker and I think it does a much better job at filling the room compared to Sabrina. It also sounds more natural at higher volumes and has more end to end range and oomph.

So if your room is small, I think Sabrina is an excellent fit and you can spend the difference in better DAC and amps. If your room is large, I would encourage you to take a deep listen to both to make sure you are satisfied and understand those limitations.

Either way, both speakers are amazing! Personally, the Sabrina's get most of the use in my family as it's in the living room and we listen as we cook etc....the Yvette is more of my sit down and chill speaker.

Happy to answer more questions!
What is your view on Yvette vs Sasha 2 ?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-10-2019, 11:03 AM
akfaulkner's Avatar
akfaulkner akfaulkner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Kirkland,WA
Posts: 142
Default

For me, I like the Yvette better. It's smaller so it fits my room better visually and musically.

I don't listen to a lot of music with significant bass or at very high volumes so I didn't notice any difference in sound between the two for the music I listen to.

I think where the Sasha 2 is a better fit is when the volume is higher or the room is much larger and you need that extra volume and resonance. I also think it's better from a bass perspective.

Depending on your taste of music, volume levels and room size, ymmv.

Another thing Sasha has going for it is adjustability. For me, it wasn't night and day different for the price increase. Also, now with kids, my furniture arrangement changes enough that the level of precision it attempts to provide is pointless (for me).

Both are great speakers! Enjoy the ability to have a choice and the process!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeoz View Post
What is your view on Yvette vs Sasha 2 ?
__________________
Living Room: Wilson Audio Sabrina, Devialet 120, Roon, Chromecast Audio
Family Room: Wilson Audio Yvette, Classe Sigma SSP, Classe CA-2300, Auralic Aries Mini, Chromecast, Roon
Home Server: Mac Mini, 1 TB SSD, RoonServer
Work Audeze LCD-XC, Audeze Deckard
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Supermerio Supermerio is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 20
Default

When i was shopping for a speaker, my two finalist were yg hailey and the yvette.
Made a deposit to the yvette since i cant strech my funds to get the hailey, i was also
Very much content with the yvette that it did not bother me anymore,...until i heard
The sasha 2 and my world turned upside down. Long story short, i got me a loan to
Get the sasha 2.

The difference between the sasha 2 and yvette is the former has a more silent cabinet,
A bit laid back in presentation,wider soundstage, and a more extended lows and highs.
The adjustable mids and highs is also a very big plus for me.


Elmer
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-10-2019, 12:02 PM
Mikeoz Mikeoz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 201
Default

For sure the Yvette is the better looking speaker especially as you walk past the rear of the speaker as you enter my room. However I listen to a lot of loud bass heavy music and I'm looking to upgrade from Sophia 2 so the Sasha is probably the way to go. Thanks for the comments.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-10-2019, 10:27 PM
akfaulkner's Avatar
akfaulkner akfaulkner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Kirkland,WA
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeoz View Post
For sure the Yvette is the better looking speaker especially as you walk past the rear of the speaker as you enter my room. However I listen to a lot of loud bass heavy music and I'm looking to upgrade from Sophia 2 so the Sasha is probably the way to go. Thanks for the comments.
If that's the case, sounds like the Sasha is a better choice for you. Might be some good deals on Sasha 2 used!
__________________
Living Room: Wilson Audio Sabrina, Devialet 120, Roon, Chromecast Audio
Family Room: Wilson Audio Yvette, Classe Sigma SSP, Classe CA-2300, Auralic Aries Mini, Chromecast, Roon
Home Server: Mac Mini, 1 TB SSD, RoonServer
Work Audeze LCD-XC, Audeze Deckard
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
ęCopyright 2009-2019 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Inspire By Dennis Had
Inspire By Dennis Had
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Wyred4Sound
Wyred4Sound
Dragonfire Acoustics
Dragonfire Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Acoustic Sciences Corportation
Acoustic Sciences Corportation
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Canton
Canton
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Furutech
Furutech
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase