AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Home Theater

Home Theater Novice to Sublime

Old 08-27-2019, 09:52 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Terry, your posts are always a fun read.
Thank you for sharing.
Enjoy the new player!

How's your beautiful big cat doing by the way?

Hi Bart,

I do try to make my posting fun to see and read.

The "Big-Red-Boy" Rascal is doing lovely and thanks for inquiring.

He is definitely bonded to me as his go to human. LOL !!!

We are buddies for sure and it's now been 3-years.

Bart,
Here he is currently on his dedicated thread buddy .............

https://www.audioaficionado.org/show...513#post977513

Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 08-27-2019, 02:48 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Hi Bart,

I do try to make my posting fun to see and read.

The "Big-Red-Boy" Rascal is doing lovely and thanks for inquiring.

He is definitely bonded to me as his go to human. LOL !!!

We are buddies for sure and it's now been 3-years.

Bart,
Here he is currently on his dedicated thread buddy .............

https://www.audioaficionado.org/show...513#post977513

Terry

Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 11-26-2019, 11:24 AM

Post Things are already moving forward for the coming addition of ... ATMOS !!!

Greetings,

My pictures were too many so I deleted a few of the Carpet at the Bottom of this post:

This morning around 7 am Chad & Nathan arrived to do the actual electrical work.
Chad has been in this business for over 30 Plus-Years.
One thing I did have them do was replace all the ballast in three (3) of my overhead garage 4-tube fixtures.
Each fixture takes two (2) ballast.
The design had changed since I personally did them myself.
So the wiring color-codes are totally different for the new ballast.
Anyway, they did those 1st and now all my overhead lights all work perfect once again.
And here where I live it now gets dark really early as well as it being darker days in the winter months.
Luckily I do have a new Carrier HVAC Split-Unit so I can do anything I want in the garage summer or winter.

Let's get down to the much more fun stuff, the Home Theater.
I took the time to actually put text on the pictures so it will not be necessary for me to bore you to Tears with my on-going Blabbing. LOL !!!

Pictures are below and I would like to say that both Chad & Nathan were very-very accommodating with me taking all the pictures.
In-Fact both of them understood what I wanted and since one was actually in the H/T while the other was down in the garage.

One item that was not installed this morning was a Great Up-Dated "Surge-Protection-Device".
It's been ordered and the guys will be back to install when it comes in.
It will be located where the Main 200-Amp service is ..........

Both the guys gave me a SHOUT when they thought there was something I should take a picture of.

As always if you have a question or questions ask away and if I can answer I certainly will.

This just arrived right after Chad & Nathan pulled-out.

I have been researching a solution I could live with for adding a Deep-Black something to further enhance the picture quality from the JVC RS4500 Laser Projector.
This researching has been going on for about a year now.
One consideration was to completely replace the existing deep red carpet with Black.
The {Overall} expense just did not make sense even to me or when I discussed it with Cathy (Wife).
Anyway, finally I found what I do hope is going to work nicely and the only thing that will be seen is the Stewart-Firehawk 1.35 Gain, 16 x 9, 123" screen.
We shall see but from everything I read and some were H/T applications and those were a Positive Plus 10.

I have already spoken to Charles at Wolf Hill Technologies so it's just a matter of when he can fit me in.

And of course I have a variety of the Professional Carpet Tape.

Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html
Old 11-26-2019, 11:49 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Terry.......Always enjoy all the photos and step by step descriptions. Looking real good.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 11-26-2019, 03:42 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Terry.......Always enjoy all the photos and step by step descriptions. Looking real good.

Hi Dan,

Things are progressing nicely.

Next will be them installing the Area Deep Black Shag Rug.

Terry

Old 11-26-2019, 04:34 PM
Life is beautiful

Thank you for sharing Terry!

So, if I understand you well, your beautiful red carpet would partially disappear?
Would have been a pity imho.

You are fantastically equipped!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables

Last edited by bart; 12-04-2022 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Thank you for sharing Terry!

So, if I understand you well, your beautiful red carpet would partially disappeared?
Would have been a pity imho.

You are fantastically equipped!
Bart,

Well in the front from where we sit to underneath the screen will be the Deep-Black-Shag.
The width of it is 15' so it will go way past the 123" screen to the Left & Right of it.
It will come back 12' which will put it approximately 4-inches under the love-seat we sit on.

The current red carpet will border the Deep Black Shag.

I think it's going to look pretty darn good once it's installed.
Keep in mind this is an (Area Rug) that goes over the now red carpet.
That's why we need the Carpet-Tape you see in the picture to hold it in place.

Terry

Old 12-01-2019, 01:42 PM

Post Decision made to go ahead and lay the Lilah "Deep-Black" area rug down ...

Sunday December 1st,

Well it has been really-really bothering/concerning me about the new Wayfair, Lilah Deep-Black area rug being "Folded-Up".
My concern is/was after reading lots & lots of customer reviews that if your's was shipped Folded it could take a really-really long time to lay flat.
So the more I thought about it the more I thought over my options.
No-where on the lower floor was there a large enough empty floor space to lay it totally flat.
I kept mulling it over and finally it dawned on me after getting the tape-measure out and doing some additional measuring,
all I would have to do is to lay it Length-Wise 15' ..............
And then the width would be 12' which would much more easily fit between the Subwoofers on the floor in the H/T.
(I did not wish to move the Mirage BPS400 Subs)

Moving forward I did the measuring and saw this was going to be really much-much easier and straight-forward than I 1st thought,
now that I was reversing the way it was going to lay on the H/T floor.

As I suspected it was curled-up in a few areas but no-big-deal I laid some heavy wood blocks on those areas and will leave them until the carpet lays flat.
You can see in the pictures where it was folded so I'm glad I did take the initiative to UN-Fold it and lay it down.
I don't have an install date from Wolf-Hill-Technologies but I do know Charles told me they have more work for December than the man hours to do it all.
So, my thinking is the Area Rug will have lots & lots of time to lay Totally Flat long before they come to do the install.

Picture improvement,
Yes guys as soon as I placed everything back in place, furniture, and all the lights were totally out.
Immediately there was an obvious improvement in the picture on the 123" 16 x 9 screen.
In layman terms the colors were enhanced to where to us both they were more saturated.
The complete picture just looked Great !!!
Sorry guys I'm not one of the Pros on AVS so I lack the verbiage to fully describe the improvements.

Cathy & I both are well pleased for sure and this is with the Deep-Black Lilah rug just laying up against the gear in the front of the H/T under the screen.
There is No-Doubt that when the guys show-up and do the real install where they turn the rug to the 15' width and place it against the Front-Wall.
And the 12' will go far enough back to actually fit maybe 4 to 6 inches under the love-seat. It's going to be Awesome !!!
I will pat myself on the back guys as this has turned-out a real easily to see improvement in overall picture improvement.
And a heck of a lot less expensive than replacing all the red carpet in the H/T for sure and a lot easier.

Pictures,

Oh for those that have the JVC RS4500 Laser Projector
Yes I do use mine 7-days a week for the most part and the running hours are after 1-year or so 2,820H

The pictures were taken with my Samsung Galaxy 9 cellphone.
The distance was approximately 12' 6".
The pictures have NOT been enhanced.

I just UN-Rolled it and UN-Folded it below.

You can see below what I was referring to as some of the edges were Sticking-Up.

Easy solution was to place some Heavy-Wooden-Blocks on the Curled-Up-Edges.

Sconce Lights are out.

The picture above and this one below are from National Geographic in 1080i.
That's right guys these pictures are NOT HDR or 4K and not even 1080p.

We are well pleased with the picture improvement so far and looking forward to when the Lilah DEEP-BLACK area rug will be permanently installed.

Terry & Cathy
Terry

Build Thread 11-25-2019 ... https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-ge...st-2018-a.html
H/T complete Components/Gear ... https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3m38zrmp.jpg

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 12-01-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:52 PM
Semi-audiophile

You're saying the picture improved after the area rug went in and everything was placed where it needed to be? How does that occur, do you think? Or have I misunderstood something?
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks
Old 12-04-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
You're saying the picture improved after the area rug went in and everything was placed where it needed to be? How does that occur, do you think? Or have I misunderstood something?
prepress,

The red carpet has a much more slick surface to it.
The new low-shag 15' x 12' Lilah area-rug in Deep-Black has very little Reflection back to the screen from it.
The shag actually helps break-up the bright images from the JVC Laser projector that shine off the floor surface and back to the screen.

Think of it this way as an example.
If a person had BRIGHT White carpet how it would act as a Reflective surface to feed-back to the screen.

Same-thing applies to the red carpet versus the Shag Deep-Black that doesn't feed-back to the screen.

Hope the above helps,
Terry