AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Just Smoking & Drinking

Just Smoking & Drinking Light up, Sit back & Sip!

Old 12-01-2010, 09:33 PM
What?

Tonight is a simple martini

2 ice cubes, vodka, peach schnapps, mango pineapple juice, splash of cranberry, 1/2 squeezed lime...
Unison Research Sinfonia Anniversary. McIntosh D100 > Bluesound Node2i > Tidal. Clearaudio Performance DC. Gold Note PH-10, Gold Note PSU-10. Isol-8 InLine. Shunyata Research Hydra Delta D6. Wireworld. Acoustic Zen. Audioquest. Klipsch Cornwall III.

Greg
Old 12-01-2010, 10:01 PM

I'm a seasonal kind of guy. For cordials (which I take to mean sweet, and likely high in alcohol, compared to wine), I like limoncello in the summer and Sambuca in the fall/winter. Oporto is also fine for the cooler months - Dow's LBV is my fave. But I'm also trying various rums and I really like Zaya Gran Reserva. Very mellow, slightly sweet, some vanilla - a rum just MADE for a cigar.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Media Server Aficionado

Sambuca! Yes! Great winter-time after-dinner.

Also, in the colder months - Carlos I (Spanish brandy).

Yumyum.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:08 PM
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
I'm a seasonal kind of guy. For cordials (which I take to mean sweet, and likely high in alcohol, compared to wine), I like limoncello in the summer and Sambuca in the fall/winter. Oporto is also fine for the cooler months - Dow's LBV is my fave. But I'm also trying various rums and I really like Zaya Gran Reserva. Very mellow, slightly sweet, some vanilla - a rum just MADE for a cigar.
JohnK, that's a rum I'd like to try..

Dark brown rum distilled from fermented molasses. Aged 12 years in used whiskey and bourbon barrels. A fine example of an aged rum blended from rums aged in medium toasted oak barrels. Notes of vanilla, chocolate and coffee in a rich body with a smoky oak flavor in the finish.
Unison Research Sinfonia Anniversary. McIntosh D100 > Bluesound Node2i > Tidal. Clearaudio Performance DC. Gold Note PH-10, Gold Note PSU-10. Isol-8 InLine. Shunyata Research Hydra Delta D6. Wireworld. Acoustic Zen. Audioquest. Klipsch Cornwall III.

Greg
Old 12-01-2010, 10:13 PM
The Architect

Quote:
I like Zaya also for an after dinner rum - the other similar "dessert" rum is Ron Zacapa, but I think I like the Zaya a tad better.

I've been trying various rums out over the past several months. I need to start a new thread with my findings - own and have tried well over a dozen now. It's been a fun and educational journey
JL Audio F113 subs with CR-1 Crossover
Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC (Analog 2 + Unison USB)
Sonore Ultrarendu with Uptone Audio LPS-1.2
Uptone Audio EtherREGEN network switch with LPS-1.2
Oppo UDP-205 with ModWright Signature Truth Tube Modifications
Clearaudio Performance SE TT with Hana ML MC cartridge
ModWright PH 9.0x Phono Stage
ASC & RealTraps Panels; APS PurePower 2000; Daedalus Audio DiDs
LAT International, Shunyata, Wireworld, WyWires Cables
Old 12-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Hear to listen...

Quote:
Figures that I'd find you here, JohnK. High on my list are limoncello, amaretto, and Tuaca...hmmm...why DON'T I own Sonus Fabers????

Aural pleasures courtesy of SME, Dynavector, Audio Research, Simaudio, Wireworld, & Wilson
Old 12-02-2010, 09:05 PM

Continuing for bit - definitely not a cordial - I do enjoy a postprandial grappa from time to time. This is one place where dollars do make a difference. The inexpensive stuff is dreck. Jacopo Poli's range is very good and if you've been bitten or hurt before, if you find Grappa di Brunello, or Di Sassacaia, and so on it might be worth another shot (ahem). Otherwise, stick to grappa in cafe corretto, preferably wandering the streets of Rome late at night or early in morning. Not that I ever have.