AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wireworld Cables

Wireworld Cables A World Of Difference

Old 11-09-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Robert... I use Wireworld cables throughout many systems. In my Theater I use 4m speaker cable runs; in my Game Room I use 15m speaker cable runs. There is no signal loss whatsoever.

I think your dealer may have a hidden agenda.

Thanks Masterlu!

Yes, he might have a hidden agenda but kind of a strange one to make a potential customer worry about something that has no concern.

Robert
Old 11-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberth View Post
Thanks Puma Cat!

I was going to reply saying thanks for your first reply but see you gave me some more input so thanks for that as well. Good to know the Equinox 6 is working out so well. I was blown away when I heard it in my system. I was ready to say this is enough when the Eclipse didn't burn-in sufficiently but since I'm doing video, I wasn't hearing the fullness from my L and R speakers. My sub was simply being exposed. I was in a very unhappy place when this occurred since I was thinking the Eclipse wasn't working out due to the PRaT being off along with wondering why the details weren't there. The dealer definitely isn't correct with saying a couple hours on these cables is more than enough. I questioned him since all cables I've ever tried took about 100 hours minimum. They did take less than normal which I was glad since right at 25 hours before taking them out as the dealer suggeted and trying the Silver Eclipse, I decided to listen again. Wow, I couldn't believe the transformation. Fast, detailed, balanced.....all the other hi-fi terms along with the PRaT being back where it should be. It basically sounded very similar to the Equinox but will more body / fullness to the sound. The sound on video from L and R speakers now blended and never sounded so good. These cables are a tremendous value but all you folks already know this.

I'll look at joining here as a member soon.

Cheers!
Robert
Respectfully, I think your dealer is misinformed...many cables take generally 50-300 hours to burn in, especially those using Teflon dielectric, so I think your own hunches are correct. My Zu Mission require a good 300 hrs for example. Also, I disagree with your dealer regarding the comments around 3 M having signal degradation compared to 1 M.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:33 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Respectfully, I think your dealer is misinformed...many cables take generally 50-300 hours to burn in, especially those using Teflon dielectric, so I think your own hunches are correct. My Zu Mission require a good 300 hrs for example. Also, I disagree with your dealer regarding the comments around 3 M having signal degradation compared to 1 M.
+1

Robert... Being a brand new member here, I didn't want to come on too strong.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 11-09-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
+1

Robert... Being a brand new member here, I didn't want to come on too strong.

Thanks! Good to see the consesus is he is way off base. Appreicate all the replies on this.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:04 PM

Welcome aboard, Robert. And congratulations on your Wireworld acquisitions.

Having cabled up with Equinox 6 IC's, I thought I'd pass along these observations for whatever they're worth, as I suspect, given the topology, they'll apply to the Eclipse variants as well.

My experience with the Equinoxes suggests that "100 hours" is a benchmark of convenience, as we have a tendency to like to think in round numbers, and if they're base-10 so much the easier to get our heads around. At around 100 hours my Equinoxes certainly imparted a good deal more openness, extension, dimensionality, and dynamic punch to the sonic presentation than they did at Hour 1. But improvement didn't quit at Hour 100. Over the next couple of weeks, the presentation continued to open up, perhaps not as dramatically as it did in the first 100 hours, but the performance bump was noticeable.

This wasn't a trick of the ear, you know the old "explanation" of "getting used to the sound that had already been coming from the speakers." In particular, the post-100-hour improvement exhibited itself as an airier, more liquid presentation at the top end. It's important because it revealed more upper harmonic content that had been masked previously and as a consequence fleshed out tonality, texture, and, again, dimensionality from the lower midrange on up. In sum, with good recordings the presentation was even freer of the speakers than it had been at around the 100-hour mark. So it might be something you can expect with the Eclipse, Silver or otherwise, as well.

I'd note parenthetically (and hopefully not too OT) that I've experienced the same results with the Electra 5.2 power cord linking the line stage to an original-version Shunyata Hydra. As with the Equinoxes, things really "burst out into the open" well after 100 hours of active use. (I have another Electra arriving tomorrow for my Oppo, so I'm anxious to hear if and what amount of performance bump that will effect.)

Jim

Bedroom:
Aurender N150-->Bryston BDA-3-->EMIA Elmaformer Cu passive line stage-->conrad-johnson MF2500-->Paradigm Studio 20 v.5
Wireworld Eclipse IC and SC
Shunyata Delta D6, Alpha XC, Delta NR v.2; Altaira CG Hub
Stillpoints Aperture II; Ultra SS; Ultra Mini
GIK Monster; 242
Butcher Block Acoustics Maple Platforms
Old 11-09-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtranr View Post
Welcome aboard, Robert. And congratulations on your Wireworld acquisitions.

Having cabled up with Equinox 6 IC's, I thought I'd pass along these observations for whatever they're worth, as I suspect, given the topology, they'll apply to the Eclipse variants as well.

My experience with the Equinoxes suggests that "100 hours" is a benchmark of convenience, as we have a tendency to like to think in round numbers, and if they're base-10 so much the easier to get our heads around. At around 100 hours my Equinoxes certainly imparted a good deal more openness, extension, dimensionality, and dynamic punch to the sonic presentation than they did at Hour 1. But improvement didn't quit at Hour 100. Over the next couple of weeks, the presentation continued to open up, perhaps not as dramatically as it did in the first 100 hours, but the performance bump was noticeable.

This wasn't a trick of the ear, you know the old "explanation" of "getting used to the sound that had already been coming from the speakers." In particular, the post-100-hour improvement exhibited itself as an airier, more liquid presentation at the top end. It's important because it revealed more upper harmonic content that had been masked previously and as a consequence fleshed out tonality, texture, and, again, dimensionality from the lower midrange on up. In sum, with good recordings the presentation was even freer of the speakers than it had been at around the 100-hour mark. So it might be something you can expect with the Eclipse, Silver or otherwise, as well.

I'd note parenthetically (and hopefully not too OT) that I've experienced the same results with the Electra 5.2 power cord linking the line stage to an original-version Shunyata Hydra. As with the Equinoxes, things really "burst out into the open" well after 100 hours of active use. (I have another Electra arriving tomorrow for my Oppo, so I'm anxious to hear if and what amount of performance bump that will effect.)

Jim

Thanks Jim, I really appreciate all the details you provided. This definitely helps in a big way.

My dealer isn't doing me or himself any favors since he believe the silver eclipse is where he sees me for my components by saying 10 days is more than enough. It isn't helping my stress level to think I'm under the gun while still needing to work during the week. I may likely ask for another week if he expects a sale. Really, I am in ultimate control since I'm the consumer and can simply return all of them and buy from another dealer if I so choose. I don't believe he will argue however since I'm liking what I hear and we'll basically need to decide whether the Eclipse or Silver Eclipse works best.

I try and read pro reviews just as a guide and not take them to literally. It basically is a good place to start, it obviously helped when reading a couple of the WW 6 reviews that praised the performance. I just found another one this morning where the person was listening to the Silver Eclipse. He found the upper most frequencies got somewhat bright, actually described it as needles in the brain, but then said all was good in the world again once he plugged in an Electra into his preamp and pointed out many forget about adding a power cable to the preamp and jump to the amp or another piece intead. I didn't really find this helpful since I'm not in the position to have an Electra laying around to try. It did make me wonder two things. Silver provides more but sure it also reveals what isn't correct in a system. Guess time will tell when I start to demo the Silver Eclipse if I hear that needle in the brain sound on very heavy treble action but more concerned it could be a burn-in issue. My plan is to start at 50 hours hoping most of the bad stuff is out of the cables with knowing any additional time will only improve things more. Really it would be best if I burned each cable 4 full days before doing listening but he felt 10 days should be enough time, maybe because he knew what I was already using.

You or others may have some input on if I'll hear any negatives on the Silver Eclipse at 50 hour mark. I know that even more will improve with 100+ or even 300 hours which is awesome but hoping I don't hear hard qualities that lies in not having enough hours.

Right now, I'm running my CDP through the wires continually with my amp turned off. For so ever a brief (talking 5 seconds or so) I paused my CDP and turned my amp on just to ensure music was still flowing. During this too brief a window, it sounded completely different than the Eclipse burning in. Instead of thick and slow with a lack of details, it sounded like a hyper analytical sound. I quickly stopped the CDP and turned my amp off and then resumed the burn-in. I know the sizzle will calm down so didn't listen long.

I guess if I'm blown away enough at 50 hours, I will likely burn-in until the weekend where I get 100+ hours to determine how the Silver Eclipse compare to the Eclipse.

Robert
Old 11-09-2011, 06:01 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Robert, I assume you have read these, but just in case ...

http://www.audioaficionado.org/wirew...ng-coming.html

http://www.audioaficionado.org/wirew...les-house.html
Old 11-10-2011, 12:11 AM
That's a Deusy !

Robert I have an AV8003 and I use Wireworld Eclipse 6 and it is fantastic

I had XLO signatures which are good cables but the WW eclipse 6 opened everything up .

And also we are glad you are here !
Marantz( UD8004,AV8802a ), Oppo udp 203 JLAudio Fathom F-110, B&W( 802 series III , FCMS8, SCMS8) . WireWorld Eclipse 6 xlr(7) Sliver Eclipse 5.2 HDMI (3) electra 5.2 powercords . HRS Nimbus , lg 55 Oled Nvidia Shield PS Audio PPP

System 2 Panasonic G25 Marantz av8003

Last edited by Doug Lax; 11-10-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Cool, calm scientist

I would stick with an all-copper IC, Eclipse 6, and call it a day. I'd love to hear Eclipse 6 someday, just to be able to compare it to my Equinox 6. Not sure what the would be responsible for differences as the conductors seem to be the same, but it would be intereseting nonetheless.

But I'm pretty well set regarding cables.

FWIW, Robert, I am using pretty much all Zu Mission, which believe it or not is an all-silver cable using Teflon dielectric, but it does not sound like a silver cable at all. It does take good 300 hrs to burn in, though. It's very thin and flexible and easy to dress, as well.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
I would stick with an all-copper IC, Eclipse 6, and call it a day. I'd love to hear Eclipse 6 someday, just to be able to compare it to my Equinox 6. Not sure what the would be responsible for differences as the conductors seem to be the same, but it would be intereseting nonetheless.

But I'm pretty well set regarding cables.

FWIW, Robert, I am using pretty much all Zu Mission, which believe it or not is an all-silver cable using Teflon dielectric, but it does not sound like a silver cable at all. It does take good 300 hrs to burn in, though. It's very thin and flexible and easy to dress, as well.
I am using both Eclipse and Equinox interconnects. The eclipse uses the same conductors but more of them. In my experience for 1 meter cable runs the difference is not big. Maybe for longer runs you start to hear more of a difference between the two models. Having used all the WW line of interconnects I think the Equinox gives you the best bang for the buck.