AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Audio Racks & Furniture

Audio Racks & Furniture Attractive and Functional Display for Gear

Old 07-20-2014, 12:04 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Chris.......It came together very nice and with some extra room for system growth.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 07-20-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Chris.......It came together very nice and with some extra room for system growth.
You noticed that bottom shelf did you?
Old 07-20-2014, 02:55 PM

Chris, it looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado
Old 07-20-2014, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAZ View Post
Here's the Steve Blinn Rack fully loaded. Note that I gave up a long time ago on trying to get either my components or the wood in my components to match in color (I just wanted the wood shelves to be light in color to keep the room light). But since I've moved the system in the room and rewired the loom with WW Silver Eclipse 7, I'm getting closer to the real results I'm looking for in sound quality.
Looks very nice indeed. I don't worry about color match ether as sound is more important.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:15 PM

Nice to see his stands are good.

I bought one of his stylus guages and it was the biggest POS I have ever bought.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:53 PM

Beautiful rack, and a nice looking system!
Old 07-20-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Here's the Steve Blinn Rack fully loaded. Note that I gave up a long time ago on trying to get either my components or the wood in my components to match in color (I just wanted the wood shelves to be light in color to keep the room light). But since I've moved the system in the room and rewired the loom with WW Silver Eclipse 7, I'm getting closer to the real results I'm looking for in sound quality.
Very nice, indeed! What are the dimensions? I need to order a double wide - just like yours - and was strongly consider Steve Blinn. I really wanted an SRA Scuttle 3, but finances are limited at the moment. So I thought I'd buy an interim rack and load it up with SRA IsoBases to rest my gear on. What are your thoughts on the Steve Blinn rack?
Old 07-20-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519 View Post
Very nice, indeed! What are the dimensions? I need to order a double wide - just like yours - and was strongly consider Steve Blinn. I really wanted an SRA Scuttle 3, but finances are limited at the moment. So I thought I'd buy an interim rack and load it up with SRA IsoBases to rest my gear on. What are your thoughts on the Steve Blinn rack?
I love it. As I said above it's really very well built to very tight tolerances and is very heavy. It's a bit industrial looking so it may not suit everyone's tastes or decor. It has built in isolation, so I'd try it out on its own before I'd spring for additional isolation doo hickeys. The dimensions are set forth on the Steve Blinn website under Prices.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:29 AM

Quote:
I love it. As I said above it's really very well built to very tight tolerances and is very heavy. It's a bit industrial looking so it may not suit everyone's tastes or decor. It has built in isolation, so I'd try it out on its own before I'd spring for additional isolation doo hickeys. The dimensions are set forth on the Steve Blinn website under Prices.
Congratz on your new rack!......Built in isolation?.......where? Unless the isolation is hidden or the rack is "Sand Filled" or something .....I'm not seeing any isolation properties, besides just the weight of the rack and wood itself. Maybe I'm missing something?
Old 07-21-2014, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volks View Post
Congratz on your new rack!......Built in isolation?.......where? Unless the isolation is hidden or the rack is "Sand Filled" or something .....I'm not seeing any isolation properties, besides just the weight of the rack and wood itself. Maybe I'm missing something?
Little rubber or sorbathene bumpers between metal frame and shelf. I'm not suggesting it's high tech, but between the weight of the rack, the heavy maple shelves, and these bumpers I'm guessing the vibration control is pretty good. Time will tell. http://www.hometheatersound.com/equi...ns_3_shelf.htm