AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 06-06-2013, 06:08 PM

Tommy...love your system and installation. I bet it sounds as good as it looks. Congrats to you.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado
Old 06-06-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronan View Post
TommyC,
there is about 3-4mm of clearance between the cage top and the tube.

regards,
Paul
Paul, your amps are of newer design. On my older CC80, the tubes stand taller than the transformer chassis. You can also see the power switches are different.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1 fan View Post
Tommy...love your system and installation. I bet it sounds as good as it looks. Congrats to you.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado
Thanks Dave! I'm very happy myself too.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:58 AM

Hi TommyC, this is kit from down under (Australia). I noticed that you owned the Shindo Aurieges and CC80 gears driving your Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento speakers. I have a pair or Duntech DSM15 having similar specs as your speaker. Very keen to buy similar Shindo gears as yours to drive my a duntech speaker. With only 70 watts from CC80 just wondering do you have sufficient power to drive your speakers. Do you need to crank the volume a lot to hear the best SQ? Can you give me some feedback on your Shindo gears matching with your speaker. Thanks.

Last edited by kitweebs; 02-08-2014 at 07:08 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitweebs View Post
Hi TommyC, this is kit from down under (Australia). I noticed that you owned the Shindo Aurieges and CC80 gears driving your Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento speakers. I have a pair or Duntech DSM15 having similar specs as your speaker. Very keen to buy similar Shindo gears as yours to drive my a duntech speaker. With only 70 watts from CC80 just wondering do you have sufficient power to drive your speakers. Do you need to crank the volume a lot to hear the best SQ? Can you give me some feedback on your Shindo gears matching with your speaker. Thanks.
That could be a difficult match. Is the rest of your system Shindo or do you have a different preamp and cables?
Old 02-08-2014, 02:30 PM

Hi Kit!

The CC80 puts out 70 watts into 16 ohm and only ~35 watts into 8 ohm.

I terms of volume, it's more than enough. I set the gain on the CC80 at 12 o'clock. On the preamp side, it's usually between 7-9 o'clock. In other words, it goes plenty loud.

I struggled with your dilemma for more than a year. I don't think I'm getting the most out of the GM. Sometimes it feels strained or bright. I think it has something to do with the impedance not matching between the amp and speakers. I love my GM. But it may be time for a change.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
Hi Kit!

The CC80 puts out 70 watts into 16 ohm and only ~35 watts into 8 ohm.

I terms of volume, it's more than enough. I set the gain on the CC80 at 12 o'clock. On the preamp side, it's usually between 7-9 o'clock. In other words, it goes plenty loud.

I struggled with your dilemma for more than a year. I don't think I'm getting the most out of the GM. Sometimes it feels strained or bright. I think it has something to do with the impedance not matching between the amp and speakers. I love my GM. But it may be time for a change.
Tommy, thanks for the feedback.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev313 View Post
That could be a difficult match. Is the rest of your system Shindo or do you have a different preamp and cables?
Kev313, currently driving my speakers with SS Passlab X150.5 power amp and X2.5 pre. Sounded good but keen on Shindo gears, eg. CC80 and Aurieges L. Using Shunyata Zitron Cibra PC and Audience AU24 SE I/C with Sine Mega 6 power board. Playing both CD and Vinyl on Garrard 301. Based on what Tommy reply Shindo power might not be adequate to drive my two way speaker.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitweebs View Post
Kev313, currently driving my speakers with SS Passlab X150.5 power amp and X2.5 pre. Sounded good but keen on Shindo gears, eg. CC80 and Aurieges L. Using Shunyata Zitron Cibra PC and Audience AU24 SE I/C with Sine Mega 6 power board. Playing both CD and Vinyl on Garrard 301. Based on what Tommy reply Shindo power might not be adequate to drive my two way speaker.
It would work if you kept your 301, sold your speakers, amp, pre, and cables and got the Shindo tho! Totally worth it!
Old 02-08-2014, 11:31 PM

Or as I suggested on Stereonet, maybe the CCQs would work, they're really the only Shindo power amps that can drive speakers such as the ones you're using now.
Although Kevin's suggestion is the best idea so far!