D'Agostino Audio Master Audio Systems

Old 07-12-2011, 02:10 PM

Philip...how much do the stands go for?
Old 07-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Audio Snoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
Philip...how much do the stands go for?
Cyril.....Although the final pricing has yet to be released, I was told (unofficially) that the stands will probably be priced somewhere between USD 1,000-1,500 per pair.....personally, I think it would be great if the stands were part of the USD 45,000 U.S. M.S.R.P price tag ......Philip

Last edited by psjl; 07-12-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:26 PM

I agree
Old 07-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Audio Snoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
I agree
Cyril.....I just heard that the Momentum stands will even have Dan's logo/signature etched into them.....nice touch!......not crazy about having to fork out another wad of cash for the stands, but [sigh], if I do end up getting the Momentums, the stands are a "must have", now that I've seen them .....Philip

Last edited by psjl; 07-13-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:48 PM

Not at liberty to mention numbers but I've heard Dan is doing quite well with his Momentum monoblocks in terms of monthly sales.

But wait, there is more....

Expect a preamp, an integrated and a stereo amp with very similar styling from the D'Agostino workshop.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:19 PM

Is it me or the amp has a certain look taken from Jules Verne's 20000 leagues under the sea submarine Nautilus? Don't get me wrong I like a lot, retro in a purpusely way. The meter in green does look very good.

An integrated and a preamp too? Cool, that would make a sweet combo.
Main: Mc C2200 (Telefunkens) and MC207, Spectral DMA-180, Marantz AV8805A, JL Audio CR-1 and SAv2, Sony ST-SA5ES, TC-KA3ES and MDS-JA50ES, Oppo UDP-205 and BDP-103D, Bryson BDA-3, Magnum Dynalab FM Signal Sleuth, Remedy, PS Audio P12, Pioneer DT-555,
Samsung 65" QLED TV 8K, JBL 4311B, M&K MX125II on Ultra SS Stillpoints, B&W HTM2D2, CCM7.3 S2, CCM683
Office: Sony TA-F700ES (Mod), MDS-JA50ES (Mod) and SEQ-333ES, Accuphase T-107B, Bryston BDA-3, BHA-1 and BUC-1, Audeze LCD-4, Linn Tukan, REL T7 on Ultra SS Stillpoints, PC Server (16 TB)

Mobile:Audison bit One Virtuoso HD, bit Play HD, Amps and speakers.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:29 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by piolaxo View Post
Is it me or the amp has a certain look taken from Jules Verne's 20000 leagues under the sea submarine Nautilus? Don't get me wrong I like a lot, retro in a purpusely way. The meter in green does look very good.

An integrated and a preamp too? Cool, that would make a sweet combo.
It's not just you. I have been calling it the "Captain Nemo" style since it came out. The looks do not do it for me.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:54 AM

Don't forget Dan's son has come out with a line of Class A amps at a much lower price point that are supposed to sound very good. I know someone who has ordered a pair.

Jim
Old 08-03-2011, 04:30 AM

PHC1, it's nice to read your review. My system set up is very similar to what you heard the Momentum with, only CD player is different. If the sound is really worth $45,000 then it's worth investing, but if the sound is $30,000 and the extra $15,000 is for that fancy chassis then I better stay with my current amp. I use Esoteric transport/DAC > ARC Ref Anni > Moon amp > Salon2 or Sophia3. I am looking for new amp, it will be either Moon's new 880M or Momentum, or ARC Ref 250. But using Ref 250 will require me to send my Transparent Reference MM2 back to recalibrate the network, so Momentum will be easier for me except that it is so unbelievably expensive.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
PHC1, it's nice to read your review. My system set up is very similar to what you heard the Momentum with, only CD player is different. If the sound is really worth $45,000 then it's worth investing, but if the sound is $30,000 and the extra $15,000 is for that fancy chassis then I better stay with my current amp. I use Esoteric transport/DAC > ARC Ref Anni > Moon amp > Salon2 or Sophia3. I am looking for new amp, it will be either Moon's new 880M or Momentum, or ARC Ref 250. But using Ref 250 will require me to send my Transparent Reference MM2 back to recalibrate the network, so Momentum will be easier for me except that it is so unbelievably expensive.
As nice as the Moon amp is, it does not possess the body and liquid, engaging, presentation of the D'A's Momentum monos. At least not that I have heard in the past. While it is impossible to put a price tag on any of the audio components, I mean how can I tell you if it is $30k or $45k worth of sound??? I can only compare it to something in similar price range and even then only in the context of similar systems... I can tell you this, I have owned 3 pairs of Wilsons and have heard them all (at least the current lineup). I obviosly have not heard the Wilsons with every possible combination out there....

Given the stuff I have heard, the Lamm and Ayre pairing were my 1st and 2nd favorites, the Momentum does offer more grip, control and resulting bass qualities over the Ayre and just about matches the Lamm M1.2's in density/body and richness of tone and harmonics while offering even better focus/imaging.

The ARC stuff is nice for sure and I have played around with REF5 and 210s. For my own taste and these are the key words, "my own taste", the ARC still lacks the body and richness that I prefer to hear in a system. Liquid? Yes. Transparent? Yes. Superb palpable and three dimensional imaging? Yes. Enough weight and body? Not for my own taste. I like more meat on the bones of the musical skeleton.

You should audition both! At this price, I would not want to sway you one way or the other nor should you even take a guess and a chance based on anything anyone says! Good luck and happy listening!