AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 03-19-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post
Jon:

Are those record storage cabinets the ones by Gothic or another company? I just bought something similar. If mine come out like that I'll be very happy.

Nice modest (cough...cough) system!!

Yes they are from Gothic. I bought unfinished and did the finishing work myself. I like them because they're durable, stackable and hold a lot of vinyl.

IMG_3041.JPGIMG_3042.JPG
McIntosh C2300 Preamp ** McIntosh MC275 MK-VI Power amp ** VPI Classic / JMW 10.5 tonearm / Lyra Delos LOMC cartridge ** Esoteric K-03 ** Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 loudspeakers ** Cardas Neutral Reference, Cardas Golden Reference and Nordost Blue Heaven XLR ICs ** Wireworld Eclipse 7 speaker cables ** Richard Gray 600 Pro PC **

Last edited by jdandy; 03-19-2017 at 01:32 PM. Reason: enlarge photos
Old 03-19-2017, 03:22 PM
Evolving Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT350Z View Post
Yes they are from Gothic. I bought unfinished and did the finishing work myself. I like them because they're durable, stackable and hold a lot of vinyl.

Attachment 49796Attachment 49797

Awesome! I bought a 2 shelf with base set yesterday. Looking forward to getting it home (in several weeks).
Supporting System: McIntosh MX121 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds; Paradigm Studio Sub 15.
Cabling: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR; Wireworld Silver Electra Power Cords; Wireworld Silver and Gold Eclipse RCA's, Audioquest Aspen Speaker Cables.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:09 PM
►bEaT thE sYsTeM◄

JMT, am thinking of SF Ven 2.5. Since all Ven are front ported, can i keep it close to back wall say lest than 1 feet, and should they be always angled?
Old 03-20-2017, 07:30 PM

I don't see why you couldn't keep them close to the back wall. There is nothing in the back of the Venere's to impede from a sonics standpoint.
McIntosh C2300 Preamp ** McIntosh MC275 MK-VI Power amp ** VPI Classic / JMW 10.5 tonearm / Lyra Delos LOMC cartridge ** Esoteric K-03 ** Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 loudspeakers ** Cardas Neutral Reference, Cardas Golden Reference and Nordost Blue Heaven XLR ICs ** Wireworld Eclipse 7 speaker cables ** Richard Gray 600 Pro PC **
Old 03-20-2017, 10:21 PM
Do you take Amex?

I'm in a cold and damp unfinished basement at the moment. I'd take a good sounding comfortable room like yours, any day.
Happy listening.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:48 AM

Vinod, just saw the second part of your question. As far as toeing in the speakers, I would suggest there are factors to consider. Room size, listening position, room acoustics, etc. I initially positioned my speakers without the bases so they would be easy to maneuver on the carpet. When they were positioned so they sounded the best I marked the area with tape, installed the bases and placed them on oak cutting boards. That allows me to fine tune the position as needed.