AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > JL Audio

JL Audio Ahead of the Curve

Old 05-17-2017, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhog View Post
Order update, OK I ordered direct from manufacture, nothing else has helped so hope this does not sure if it will be here this week or next?

And the verdict is.........?
Front: B&W N801s, Centre: B&W Signature HTM, Surround: B&W 801s3, Surround Rear: B&W HTM2, Sub: JL Fathom 212. MC-1201s, Bryston 4BSST and 6B SST, MX-150 pre/pro, Lumin S1 Network Player w/JRiver and JRemote, OPPO BDP-95, Toshiba HD-XA2HD-DVD, Epson 6010 and 120" Da Lite Joe Kane Affinity, Lumagen 2143 Processor, QNAP TS-879 PRO NAS, Cardas Clear XLR/Cardas Clear Beyond Speaker, Wire World Gold Eclipse 7.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:17 AM

Default F212 Transformer Hum - Problem solved.

It did minimize the hum to a point that is very low. So in between songs you have to be very still and if you put your head within four feet it barely audible now. So for my installation I would say the hum is 80% less. Note it was not loud enough to ever detect while listening before installing the Emotiva, only with nothing playing was a hum present.

I tested even with the xlr cable disconnected and it had no effect. I think and maybe it is normal unless it is my crappy power company, a slight issue that goes with the territory of these large amps on the F212.

All in all I am more pleased now than before with the performance of the sub. Thanks guys
C500C C500T preamp and a MX150 control center, (3)McIntosh 601 mono block amps, (1)7270 McIntosh amp driving rears in 7.1 (1)Halo A23 amp for side surround, & (1)452 McIntosh amp for main towers part of a bi-amp setup with 601's, Esoteric K-03 JL F212 sub all glued together with mostly all WireWorld & Moon Audio Black Dragon cables.

Headphone Rig
Audeze LCD-X Sennheiser hd 800 & Sennheiser hd 700 cans, Woo Audio WA-6SE with Sophia Princess & matched pair of 6GL7/6EM tubes Black Dragon Cable upgrades on the HD700s!

Streaming Dac Gear
includes K03, high-end custom built Toshiba core i7 16 gigs Wireworld Platinum USB cable, Ipad mini & Itouch driving media center 20 for full remote control anywhere on property and even via web to have music on when I get home Also can remote control MX150 via web too.

Analog Rig
VPI Classic II running with a Dynavector 20X2-H MC Phono Cartridge

Also
For living room and outside rear deck is connected to MX150 with (1)Parasound 5250 amp. Oppo 95 , Sony ES777, (2)PPPs,

Speaker system
Builder of custom very high end Dynaudio's 2 Main towers, 1 super tweeter Dynaudio built system above each tower, 4 surrounds all Dynaudio Esoteric drivers 6.5 mids, esoteric dome tweeters, 2 rear surrounds, and a custom 5 speaker 2 7" drivers, 2 3" domes, and a d21 tweeter in the center channel to compliment my 2 300lb custom subs and a JL F212

Misc Build Features
AC Power Electrical overview is 4 20 amp 120 circuits all 10-3 wiring extra shielding with walls custom modded with cross bracing 2x6s over a 14" thick concrete with R19 and weather barrier
Old 09-13-2017, 02:33 PM

Good to hear (or not)! It's a shame that little nits like this bug people like me to death but, then, I guess this what make the audio world go round.

Also, I apologize for any part I may have played in causing you to notice something that didn't bother you prior to all of this!
Front: B&W N801s, Centre: B&W Signature HTM, Surround: B&W 801s3, Surround Rear: B&W HTM2, Sub: JL Fathom 212. MC-1201s, Bryston 4BSST and 6B SST, MX-150 pre/pro, Lumin S1 Network Player w/JRiver and JRemote, OPPO BDP-95, Toshiba HD-XA2HD-DVD, Epson 6010 and 120" Da Lite Joe Kane Affinity, Lumagen 2143 Processor, QNAP TS-879 PRO NAS, Cardas Clear XLR/Cardas Clear Beyond Speaker, Wire World Gold Eclipse 7.