AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 03-09-2012, 06:51 PM
What?

Good thread, improving one's quality of life is what it's all about
Unison Research Sinfonia Anniversary. McIntosh D100 > Bluesound Node2i > Tidal. Clearaudio Performance DC. Gold Note PH-10, Gold Note PSU-10. Isol-8 InLine. Shunyata Research Hydra Delta D6. Wireworld. Acoustic Zen. Audioquest. Klipsch Cornwall III.

Greg
Old 03-09-2012, 07:01 PM

Music is a great de-stressing agent!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:17 PM

With my continuing renovation I have been without my Shindo/Devore based system for months now and really miss the experience. They are now at the drywall stage so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Still lots of work to do, but it will be very nice once complete. Thinking about system set up, positioning. Rack in between speakers, versus at side/corner of room? I did get a dedicated line put in.Will be hardwood floors. System will be set up in a 14 by 30 living room/dining room with a 5 foot opening to a 24 by 24 kitchen addition. Any suggestions on system set up? I do want a clean look as my system resides in the livingroom. I very much agree that music allows people to de-stress their lives.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:18 PM

lowens - Check out Get Better Sound by Jim Smith.

Last edited by gortnipper; 03-15-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
I am glad to read music reduces your stress and centers you. I feel the same way. I would go crazy with out good music!

Joe
That is how I relax!! I listen to music
Sonus Faber Amati Faturas / JL Audio 13.5” Fanthom In Wall Subs / McIntosh C52 / McIntosh MCD 1100 / McIntosh MEN 220 / McIntosh MC 601’s / McIntosh MPC 1500 / McIntosh MT 5 / McIntosh MC 275’s / Luxman AS-55 Amp Selector / Silenzo (This thing is Amazing) / Gold Lion Tubes from Vintage Tube

All items in green were bought thru the AA marketplace and blue from a current AA retailer
Old 03-16-2012, 05:09 PM

Lowens, Glad to hear your remodel is done soon. I am sure you will appreciate the system that much more! I have a 23+" X 12+" living room, dedicated to my system. I have heavy curtains that hang in a 7 ft opening, which leads to the dining room. My 0/96's are on the 12 ft wall. I recently moved my gear from the short wall to the long wall, and am not looking back. Love that my gear is now closer to my listening position, and the fact my 0/96's now sit alone. More importantly, the A23 SC, as you likely know, allows you to use longer runs. It has been a win/win for me. My 9.0 meter did cost more than my 2.5 meter, but hay, you only live once. Not saying you should go with my type of setup, but the A23 does allow the option.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjn04 View Post
Lowens, Glad to hear your remodel is done soon. I am sure you will appreciate the system that much more! I have a 23+" X 12+" living room, dedicated to my system. I have heavy curtains that hang in a 7 ft opening, which leads to the dining room. My 0/96's are on the 12 ft wall. I recently moved my gear from the short wall to the long wall, and am not looking back. Love that my gear is now closer to my listening position, and the fact my 0/96's now sit alone. More importantly, the A23 SC, as you likely know, allows you to use longer runs. It has been a win/win for me. My 9.0 meter did cost more than my 2.5 meter, but hay, you only live once. Not saying you should go with my type of setup, but the A23 does allow the option.
Thanks for the suggestions fjn. Due to room flow I likely can't set my system on the long wall. We have roller blinds on a large living room window, heavy curtains are unlikely as we want a contempory feel to the room. Will need an area carpet over the hardwood floors.My room will be far more "live", so I will have to soften the room in some way without adding acoustic panels, and other visually dominate appartus. Do you have your o96's on hardwood or carpet? How far apart are they? Would like to obtain a Mr. T, but not sure funds will allow.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:19 PM

Hi Lowens- I have them about 7 + feet apart, and thus 2.5 ft from the side walls. That is from center of driver. Then,they are about 55" out from the wall behind them. That is from the front plane of cabinet.

I have a suspended wood floor, with wall to wall, wool Berber carpet.
Under the carpet, is one of the better foam pads. I have installed floor jacks,
which couple wood beams to the ceiling in the basement below my room. These are placed in the critical areas, under rack, speakers...!

You may want to check out a company called Acoustimac. I bought some of their ready made Owens Corning 703 panels. They have a nice, finished look, and only cost about $55 a piece. They have a wide choice of fabric colors, and can be hung on the walls. I originally tried the foam type panels. They sucked the life out of the music, so I got rid of them. I much prefer these 703 panels in my room. The T would certainly be worth an audition. IMHO, there is never an absolute with power conditioners. It will depend on what you have going on with your power. See how you like that dedicated line first. Lastly, many of these things including speaker placement, have been done with my dealers advice. I rely greatly on them...!