AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Where Pets Rule

Where Pets Rule Fur, Feathers, and Fins!

Old 09-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Music Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBattles View Post
Some progress. After last nights late feeding we played for a bit and he got to the point where he didn't want to play anymore. So off to the bathroom we went. He made his way to a corner he peed in before and began to scratch. I picked him up strait away and put him on the LB and he did his business there after which I gave him lots of praise! This morning we had a similar experience. But he keeps going to the same corner. I'd put the LB there but the way the doorway is that's no possible. Anything I can do to discourage this corner as a preference? I've made sure I've cleaned the floor and all really well so there shouldn't be any traced of old pee there. Anyway, it progress none the less
Keep putting him in the litter box whenever your home and are able to do that. To stop him from using that corner....hmmm..can you put something in his way temporarily.ie. A fan, a box, something to just keep him away from there until he starts using the box regularly. I'll be surprized if your still having this issue by the weekend.
There is stuff you can buy that you spray in the area that you don't want your pet to go near, but i think your a long way off from needing to take that route. Be patient.
Mcintosh MC205,MX150,MS300,MVP871,Pioneer BDP-51FD,Roku,Pioneer Signature Elite 141,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Cremonas
Two Channel Room
Mcintosh MC501's,C2300,MCD500, ClearAudio Emotion TT,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Elipsas,Sonos Connect
Old 09-12-2011, 06:01 PM

Wow. The fan is a good idea!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Cool, calm scientist

The reason he is going in the same corner is because he can smell the pheromones in his urine there. You need to get some Nature's Miracle odor remover and spray it there so he cannot smell it there. He should then start going in the litter box.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
The reason he is going in the same corner is because he can smell the pheromones in his urine there. You need to get some Nature's Miracle odor remover and spray it there so he cannot smell it there. He should then start going in the litter box.
Today I was really surprised, I had to leave for a few hours so naturally when I returned to needed to check on him and get some formula ready. I opened the door slowly and peeked inside, no sign of him in his bed so I continued to open the door very slowly just in case he was behind it. Finally the door was opened far enough for me to see the LB and there he was taking care of business I let him finish then I entered and gave him lots or praise and petting, he seemed to understand Hopefully we stay the coarse.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Music Lover

I would only spend money on natures miracle if your bathroom is carpeted. While Puma Cat is absolutely correct in a carpet situation, IMO most non-carpeted floors clean up quite well with any household cleaner.
Mcintosh MC205,MX150,MS300,MVP871,Pioneer BDP-51FD,Roku,Pioneer Signature Elite 141,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Cremonas
Two Channel Room
Mcintosh MC501's,C2300,MCD500, ClearAudio Emotion TT,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Elipsas,Sonos Connect