AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Sports

Sports Place for all to discuss different sports

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 03:23 PM

Spain, another 1-0? We have to wait for the next phase to get livelier games.
Main: Mc C2200 (Telefunkens) and MC207, Spectral DMA-180, Marantz AV8805A, JL Audio CR-1 and SAv2, Sony ST-SA5ES, TC-KA3ES and MDS-JA50ES, Oppo UDP-205 and BDP-103D, Bryson BDA-3, Magnum Dynalab FM Signal Sleuth, Remedy, PS Audio P12, Pioneer DT-555,
Samsung 65" QLED TV 8K, JBL 4311B, M&K MX125II on Ultra SS Stillpoints, B&W HTM2D2, CCM7.3 S2, CCM683
Office: Sony TA-F700ES (Mod), MDS-JA50ES (Mod) and SEQ-333ES, Accuphase T-107B, Bryston BDA-3, BHA-1 and BUC-1, Audeze LCD-4, Linn Tukan, REL T7 on Ultra SS Stillpoints, PC Server (16 TB)

Mobile:Audison bit One Virtuoso HD, bit Play HD, Amps and speakers.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:27 AM
Life is beautiful

Seems I didn't miss much yesterday.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 06-21-2018, 03:16 AM

No,but in a day dominated by sky balls in the penalty area, Iran showed some real class. Spain held on.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:53 AM
Life is beautiful

Denmark - Australia: 1-1 halfway.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 06-21-2018, 08:55 AM

Followed most of the games. Great time (if there ever is a great time for this) to be home resting as I undergo immunotherapy cancer treatment.

It has always been tough to forecast from first round games. Many ultimate winners lost at least one of their group stage games. For that reason, I’d hesitate to rule out Germany who seem to have a great ability to deliver when it matters.

My shortlist for the final stages: probably Spain with great talent and strong well organised defence: Russia, simply because host nations historically do well; Germany, see last paragraph. England; ; no solid reason except the young talent up front and the fact that we are overdue to deliver! France, great talent and star quality.

Winners? I’ve absolutely no idea.

Tv picture quality: BBC showing games in 4k+ HDR really looking good on my OLED screen.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:30 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by custodian View Post
Followed most of the games. Great time (if there ever is a great time for this) to be home resting as I undergo immunotherapy cancer treatment.

It has always been tough to forecast from first round games. Many ultimate winners lost at least one of their group stage games. For that reason, I’d hesitate to rule out Germany who seem to have a great ability to deliver when it matters.

My shortlist for the final stages: probably Spain with great talent and strong well organised defence: Russia, simply because host nations historically do well; Germany, see last paragraph. England; ; no solid reason except the young talent up front and the fact that we are overdue to deliver! France, great talent and star quality.

Winners? I’ve absolutely no idea.

Tv picture quality: BBC showing games in 4k+ HDR really looking good on my OLED screen.

Good luck with your cancer therapy... and enjoy the matches!

Warm greetings, Bart
Old 06-21-2018, 02:33 PM
Life is beautiful

So Australia is not yet out of the tournament (1-1), and France is in the 1/8th finals (1-0 against Peru that can start packing).

At the moment a rather good match: Argentina - Croatia.

Croatia has won its first match, so they can play without stress.

0-0 so far.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:43 PM

No way of seeing this match Bart,unless I go down the pub.I'll see the highlights later. Very best wishes to Custodian also.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:50 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by radio times View Post
No way of seeing this match Bart,unless I go down the pub.I'll see the highlights later. Very best wishes to Custodian also.
TV set broken?
Good luck to you too then!
Old 06-21-2018, 03:10 PM
Life is beautiful

0-1 for Croatia!
Closed Thread