AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 06-07-2012, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
It has been interesting to read these comments and see the level of rise that developed from the original post. After 22 pages and 217 posts, Wilson owners are still coming out of the woodwork in defense of their speaker choices.
Dan,

I think that Wilson speakers are more "attacked" than many others : they lead often to a "love them / hate them" debate.
Moreover this thread is also about what a pro reviewer could say or not about a product or a brand.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:45 PM

Default Sasha's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lildebs888 View Post
Great post, Ricjor1, especially knowing that you have had a lot of experience with Wilson: Sophia 2's, Sophia 3, and now Sasha's! When will you be receiving your Sasha's, or do you already have them? I would love to see a photo.

Debby
Debby, per your request!sashas.jpg
Old 06-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Ricjor1.......Looks great.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 06-07-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
It has been interesting to read these comments and see the level of rise that developed from the original post. After 22 pages and 217 posts, Wilson owners are still coming out of the woodwork in defense of their speaker choices.
Hey Dan

I am sure I have read you coming to the defense of your audio choices

It is all part of that thing call " pride of ownership "

I luv these type of debates.

12 months ago I would have probably agreed with Doug and the Magico brigade of Wilson detractors. Amazing how living with a product can change your bias and perceptions.

Cheers

Last edited by turntable; 06-07-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by turntable View Post
Hey Dan

12 months ago I would have probably agreed with Doug and the Magico brigade of Wilson detractors. Amazing how living with a product can change your bias and perceptions.

Cheers
Shane......I am in total agreement with you. My comment was an observation about the activity of the thread, not a observation on the validity of Wilson as a choice. I am not a Wilson detractor, any more than I am a Wilson promoter. I don't own Wilson speakers, but I know they are well respected, and I appreciate that. Audio is a true smorgasbord of choices. Each of us supports and hold dear our own selections. That is the nature of the hobby. Sometimes it can be difficult to remember this is about fun, enjoyment, and most of all music, not about rivalry, agendas, and exclusion.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 06-08-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:48 AM

Default Speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by turntable View Post
Hey Dan

Cheers
Shane,

You hit the nail on the head with,"Amazing how living with a product can change your bias and perceptions." I would go one step further and say just hearing a speaker properly set-up, with synergistic electronics can change your bias and perceptions. I submit that some people on blogs have never listened to the equipment they criticize or they listened to a system under poor conditions, but they insist on criticizing anyway...which does all of us a disservice. The joy of this hobby is finding components that work together, it's a system and not individuals components that we are listening to and many us seem to forget that.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricjor1 View Post
Shane,

You hit the nail on the head with,"Amazing how living with a product can change your bias and perceptions." I would go one step further and say just hearing a speaker properly set-up, with synergistic electronics can change your bias and perceptions. I submit that some people on blogs have never listened to the equipment they criticize or they listened to a system under poor conditions, but they insist on criticizing anyway...which does all of us a disservice. The joy of this hobby is finding components that work together, it's a system and not individuals components that we are listening to and many us seem to forget that.
Well said. I'm even inclined to suspect that I may have written gear off in time past, because my speakers weren't positioned properly and I didn't select gear based on synergy.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:47 AM

I have not been a big Wilson Audio fan in the past.But after hearing the Sophia 3 and Maxx 3 on hifi shows i had to reassess my opinion in the matter.To put it simple.They just blew me away!I currently have Sonus Faber Cremona,and have had them a long time.Have for some time been looking for upgrading my speakers.The choice stood between Amatis and Sophia 3 and i choosed the later.I am now waiting for them to arrive.Have been waiting 8 weeks now.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new order View Post
I have not been a big Wilson Audio fan in the past.But after hearing the Sophia 3 and Maxx 3 on hifi shows i had to reassess my opinion in the matter.To put it simple.They just blew me away!I currently have Sonus Faber Cremona,and have had them a long time.Have for some time been looking for upgrading my speakers.The choice stood between Amatis and Sophia 3 and i choosed the later.I am now waiting for them to arrive.Have been waiting 8 weeks now.
Welcome aboard new order, and congrats for your order

You won't be disappointed

Frank
Old 06-09-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklmu View Post
Welcome aboard new order, and congrats for your order

You won't be disappointed

Frank
Thank You!

It took a while to decide wich to choose tbh.I am a bit ambivalent and then some!But the Sophias felt like the better choice for me ultimately.

I think the Sophias is sympathetic speakers.Comparatively easy load for my amp.Fabulous sound.I expect them to be a great improvement over the Cremonas!

/Best Regards