AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 11-05-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Marc, one of the things I really like about AA is anonymity. I have lived at the same address for over 40 years. I have been very fortunate with my investing. I bought bonds over and over for 30 years. Never had a default and hit the greatest bull market there has ever been: the bond market over the last 30 years. I never liked stocks. Why? I could never figure out when to sell a stock. I'm fairly simple minded. My bonds either came due or I sold them for a substantial profit. It's amazing how much money I accumulated over the years doing following this simple rule very consistently. And I always paid all my taxes to the very best of my ability. So I sleep very well at night.
No problem. That's really cool, I wish I had done something like that.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
No problem. That's really cool, I wish I had done something like that.
+1. Tell me about it.
Main: Mc C2200 (Telefunkens) and MC207, Spectral DMA-180, Marantz AV8805A, JL Audio CR-1 and SAv2, Sony ST-SA5ES, TC-KA3ES and MDS-JA50ES, Oppo UDP-205 and BDP-103D, Bryson BDA-3, Magnum Dynalab FM Signal Sleuth, Remedy, PS Audio P12, Pioneer DT-555,
Samsung 65" QLED TV 8K, JBL 4311B, M&K MX125II on Ultra SS Stillpoints, B&W HTM2D2, CCM7.3 S2, CCM683
Office: Sony TA-F700ES (Mod), MDS-JA50ES (Mod) and SEQ-333ES, Accuphase T-107B, Bryston BDA-3, BHA-1 and BUC-1, Audeze LCD-4, Linn Tukan, REL T7 on Ultra SS Stillpoints, PC Server (16 TB)

Mobile:Audison bit One Virtuoso HD, bit Play HD, Amps and speakers.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Of course I have thought about it. Insisting is a strong word. I believe my dealer can do this competently. Two top techs are flying out.

As an comment on anonymity, I have one of the most important meetings of my life tomorrow at 11:30 cst. It is the moving forward of a project I have been working on for 15 years. It makes the xvx adventure quite pale in comparison. I have always preferred working behind the scenes and below the radar. Magnificent Obsession is one of my favorite movies for this reason. I really don't care who gets credit as long as my work makes it to the light. So I hope that in the future you might learn of my work but not me. I prefer to remain anonymous and this is the reason I like this website. We all share a common passion: beautiful sound/music and expensive gear.
Wishing you all the best for this landmark upgrade!!!
Old 11-05-2019, 07:47 PM

Charles, what a great way to put the cherry on top! Wishing you many years of good health and enjoyment. G.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:46 PM

The more money and performance specifics involved in a transaction the more formal and specific the language. Goes with the territory. Hand shake -> Receipt -> Contract
Wilson Alexia V; ARC Ref 6SE; ARC Ref Phono 3SE; Boulder 1160; Esoteric K1X; Artisan Fidelity Garrard 301 Statement; Ikeda 407; Koetsu Leopard, Coralstone; Shunyata Denali 6000T; Shunyata AC cables; Siltech Prince speaker cables; Siltech Princess interconnects, Avondale II phono.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:37 PM

Email from Wilson Audio this afternoon:

"Hello Charles,"

"Thank you for your email and XVX purchase. We received the official PO from your dealer today and have scheduled a production slot for this pair of speakers. Thank you again for your confidence in Wilson Audio. I feel confident you will love your new XVX.
I will say hello to Peter and Daryl for you."

This says it all!

Charles
Old 11-05-2019, 10:49 PM

Quote:

"Hello Charles,"

"Thank you for your email and XVX purchase. We received the official PO from your dealer today and have scheduled a production slot for this pair of speakers. Thank you again for your confidence in Wilson Audio. I feel confident you will love your new XVX.

This says it all!

Charles
Why not schedule a tour and see them being made? I've done it, very exciting.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:54 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:

"Hello Charles,"

This says it all!

Charles
Very cool.....what kind of turnaround time does Wilson have on a pair of XVXs?

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 11-06-2019, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
Why not schedule a tour and see them being made? I've done it, very exciting.
Marc, the simple answer to this is I really don't want to. I'm a physical fitness nut. I walked 15 miles today rather than treadmill 11. It was beautiful outside. I don't travel except under unusual circumstances. Afterwards, I had a tomato, large bowl of mushrooms, some diced onions, jumbo raisins, and cup of cashews, light salad ranch dressing, think thin protein bar, and a glass of 1% organic milk. I eat exactly one meal a day. I never and I mean never deviate. I do drink diet soda because it is biochemically inert. I enjoy nutrition and understanding metabolism a lot. I weigh in at 136 lbs and am 5'91/2". I include a weight workout always. I have an extensive home gym. I don't criticize anybody's lifestyle but I view travel as unhealthy. I really enjoy being in tip top shape. I find the more I work out the less I eat. I feel most folks are over weight. I come in at 3% body fat. I never interrupt my schedule except for death. I sleep 7-8 hours a night. I eat very little red meat and believe in a balanced diet and counting calories. No fads because you just gain it back. I don't take any medicines at all. I hope I never have to. I have zero arthritis, vision and hearing are excellent. I'm really looking forward to my meeting today. Now that this xvx purchase is behind me I can get on with my life long project.

p.s I walked for 275 minutes. I live in a neighborhood in which you can walk forever. It's amazing how a vigorous long walk clears the mind and allows one to organize. I have been pointing to this meeting for many years. I feel I'm well prepared.

Last edited by Charles; 11-06-2019 at 04:13 AM.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Very cool.....what kind of turnaround time does Wilson have on a pair of XVXs?

- Buck
I have no idea. I'm in no rush. I'm just glad the ball is in Wilson's court. I know they will do a great job.

One of my concerns has been the room in the sense that the heating and cooling was a little suspect. I recently added a new dedicated heat pump and put a motorized hurricane shutter over its only window. This window is very difficult to get to so rather than replace it (it is old but otherwise in good shape), I had to go the expensive route and cover it. I recently had my outdoor FM antenna re-grounded and a surge protector junction box placed on the 75 ohm tuner cable. The room is now totally ready for a speaker like the xvx. I will take extensive pics with the installation but I'm in no hurry at all.

Right now I'm listening to Bob Dylan the new album I downloaded from HD tracks "Travelin' Thru 1967-1... It's a great album, one of the best I've heard in a long time. When heard through my Alexx, I wonder why I'm buying an xvx. The Alexx is a great speaker, the only one I've ever heard that I can't find a flaw in. I can spot the flaws in most speakers almost immediately. I have listened to my Alexx for about 1 and a half years. With the new AQ Well Signature cables and Dragon power cords, etc. I can't find a flaw. The speaker is very chameleon like. It just produces what's there but does it in a musical forgiving manner. The Alexx has great resolution but has a romantic easy relaxed quality I really like. Everything sounds good through my Alexx. Folks talk a lot about equalization but I don't like it. I wouldn't dream of placing a tone control or equalizer in front of the Alexx. It is a great speaker.

Last edited by Charles; 11-06-2019 at 04:55 AM.