AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Turntables & Vinyl > Turntables & Tonearms

Turntables & Tonearms Where Analog still Rules

Old 03-04-2012, 01:29 PM
precision matters

So you had the C2300 (I did own one) with two phono sections and no tt? You must have been thinking about vinyl all along. LOL Good plan and good for you. Spinning vinyl keeps thing so much more interesting. And when you hit a extra quiet piece of vinyl it keeps you searching for more. Sometimes the crackle and noise is just the quality of the vinyl with the best giving a velvety smooth presention. Do consider a MC cartridge down the road and take advantage of your MC section. You gotta like those Maggies! Happy listening in Ontario.
Coincident Statement Line Stage, Coincident Statement Phono Preamplifier with reissued Mullards 12ax7's. LP12, Ittok LVII, ringmat, Shelter 901 & Benz H2O. Counterpoint DA10 with Ultra Analog DAC & EAD T1000 transport. Counterpoint SA220 with NOS Amperex 6DJ8's. VMPS RM40 ribbon monitors. WW cables with floor insulators, WW, Nordost SPM & Coincident Extreme ic's, AQ power cords, VPI 16.5
Old 03-04-2012, 01:42 PM
What?

I can't get rid of vinyl no matter how hard I try, it keeps pulling me back in. It's madness really. A combination of sound, hint of nostalgia and the physical nature of putting on a record keep me enthused about expanding my collection. It is not my primary source most of the time but when the mood strikes it's fun and the option is there.
Unison Research Sinfonia Anniversary. McIntosh D100 > Bluesound Node2i > Tidal. Clearaudio Performance DC. Gold Note PH-10, Gold Note PSU-10. Isol-8 InLine. Shunyata Research Hydra Delta D6. Wireworld. Acoustic Zen. Audioquest. Klipsch Cornwall III.

Greg
Old 03-04-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiopoor View Post
So you had the C2300 (I did own one) with two phono sections and no tt? You must have been thinking about vinyl all along. LOL Good plan and good for you. Spinning vinyl keeps thing so much more interesting. And when you hit a extra quiet piece of vinyl it keeps you searching for more. Sometimes the crackle and noise is just the quality of the vinyl with the best giving a velvety smooth presention. Do consider a MC cartridge down the road and take advantage of your MC section. You gotta like those Maggies! Happy listening in Ontario.
I originally wanted a TT with a MC cartridge. But the price point jumped up considerably for a MC setup. The salesman didn't suggest putting a MC cartridge on the RP1 performance table. So I decided to go with this TT with a MM just to make sure I'll still be interested in 6 months.
Audio Room:MC1000 Mono-Blocks, C2300 w Gold Lions, Eastern Electric DAC Plus, Magnepan 1.7,SVS SB13Plus sub, Squeezebox Touch,Rega RP1 performance,iPad2, SurgeX XS10 Portable Rig: Audeze LCD2 w custom cable, Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo, Ray Samuels SR71-B Balanced Amp, ALO Audio cables, 160GB iPod,
Old 03-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Vinyl, Baby!

I never even left vinyl. Embracing digital has been my big challenge. Vinyl still wins, by a significant margin. I'm working on getting a digital setup that can approach the quality of my vinyl. It's going to be expensive for me.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTripper View Post
I never even left vinyl. Embracing digital has been my big challenge. Vinyl still wins, by a significant margin. I'm working on getting a digital setup that can approach the quality of my vinyl. It's going to be expensive for me.
Two words for ya, Dean...

Wadia 121...
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Vinyl, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Two words for ya, Dean...

Wadia 121...
Now that I have a Naim preamp coming, I'm actually thinking more along the lines of selling my UnitiQute and getting a Naim ND5 XS, which will be a couple hundred more than adding the Wadia 121.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:13 AM

I never left vinyl either, and have progressed over the years from from a KLH portable to an AR ES1 to a VPI Scoutmaster to my current Rega P9. I still love to play vinyl - the ritual, the natural sound, being able to hold the liner notes and read them without squinting, the immersion in a great album.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 03-05-2012, 01:04 AM

But I should add that I love digital too. Right now I'm listening to a vinyl side of Hank Williams, but earlier this evening I was listening to my server (fed through a Squeezebox Touch to a Bryston DAC) and was having fun playing disk jockey for my wife and running through 6 different versions of "Over the Rainbow". While I love my vinyl, I also find that both vinyl and digital can sound wonderful given a good recording on a good system, and both can sound like crap with a bad recording or a mediocre setup.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 03-05-2012, 11:48 PM
dpod4

A good vinyl rig is JUST LIKE A GOOD WOMAN...

high maintenance, way too much time required, but soooo worth it. Nothing compares.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpod4 View Post
A good vinyl rig is JUST LIKE A GOOD WOMAN...

high maintenance, way too much time required, but soooo worth it. Nothing compares.
You're right and I hate that you are.....arrrrrr

Audio Room:MC1000 Mono-Blocks, C2300 w Gold Lions, Eastern Electric DAC Plus, Magnepan 1.7,SVS SB13Plus sub, Squeezebox Touch,Rega RP1 performance,iPad2, SurgeX XS10 Portable Rig: Audeze LCD2 w custom cable, Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo, Ray Samuels SR71-B Balanced Amp, ALO Audio cables, 160GB iPod,

Last edited by Sperandeo; 03-11-2012 at 07:47 PM.